Eating crow on Jaylon & Lawrence today

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
The Barkley-less, Garrett-offense-lead Giants stink. The Giants will be lucky to win 2 or 3 games this season, and when they do, those wins will likely come against the hapless NFC East. :rolleyes: So there is NO WAY I'm eating crow at any "solid" defensive performances against the G Men (DLaw and Jaylon definitely included)....and they still scored 34 points and almost won!

I'll hold my crow until I see them play well consistently over the next month.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's refreshing to see someone reevaluate their opinion.

I was astounded by the number of people that actually wanted to CUT Jaylon Smith this past week!
I try to remain as objective as possible and definitely pull back a little when I’m wrong.

I still think Jaylon and Lawrence have been horrible, but today, they played really well and made significant impacts on the game. I hope that intensity keeps being shown

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Entire defense looked a little better this week than previous weeks, even given the opponent.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
A couple tackles for a loss are bare minimum expectations for a linebacker. He didn't embarrass himself but come on.

I mean you're not wrong, but dude had 14 tackles and a half sack today. This was hands down Jaylon's best game of 2020. If he played every game like he did today, I'd have no problem with him as a starter. He had some blunders, but he also attacked blocks better than I've seen him l season and had some great reads.

It's one game, so I won't anoint him, but he looked a lot better.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah and the offense they faced sucked but this defense is worse than their offense.

rocy--- i am terrified how bad our defense is....Dak could sling it and run it to keep us in games...so glad we got Dalton...he was vet tough to win it for us...but dont think we got personnel to hold up for season

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dont agree.

They stepped it up after Dak went down for sure.

DL was getting some pressure early and had the one sack.

They each hardly vindicated themselves on this game alone.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I read that Jaylon had a career high of 1.5 tackles in this game.

THAT IS PATHETIC . AWFUL !!! JUST AWFUL !!!!