Eating crow on Jaylon & Lawrence today

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dont agree.

They stepped it up after Dak went down for sure.

DL was getting some pressure early and had the one sack.

They each hardly vindicated themselves on this game alone.
Vindicated themselves? Not a chance haha. I’m, by no measure, a believer in either one of them lol. I’m just saying that, for this one Sunday, I was wrong and that I feel they deserve credit

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Yeah you watch him in the first half... he had no clue he was even in a football game.

He must have taken NZT-48 at half time.
Has any one in this organization suggested that Smith get his eyes checked. I'm serious, he not seeing the field the way other linebackers see it!

aria

Reaction score
I give those guys a hard time more than nearly anyone here, but they both showed up in big ways today!
Is this a joke?! They played against the 31st worst O line in the league, and more specifically, two of the worst rated tackles in the league (a rookie and a back up we let walk who is now their starter). Oh yeah, it was also against the league leading turnover QB.

I’ll be waiting to hear how you had a second helping of crow when we face a decent O line again. I hate to say “I said” but just a few days ago I said this defense would look like the ‘85 Bears for the next few games and they would pad their stats. I just hope the “Hot Boyz” don’t believe their own hype as much as you do.

JayFord

Reaction score
Im not giving credit Not until they do it consistently

they took a step forward though today

stiletto

Reaction score
I give those guys a hard time more than nearly anyone here, but they both showed up in big ways today!

Yeah....but why did it take them 5 games to act like the football players they are? Hopefully they don't continue to be the guys that come "out of their caves" when people say they suck... They need to show it each and EVERY game. Otherwise they deserve "part paychecks"....

Swagger

Reaction score
Did anyone see Jaylon Smith fall over his own player on his way to celebrate a tackle and decided against it and kind of clapped himself on the way back!? Given that he's known for style and jazzing up his play that did bring a smile to my face but I thought he played very well tonight and agree with the original poster that Lawrence came to the party as well.

akcowboy22

Reaction score
ill eat some crow. i was pretty bad on them. keep it up boys, build off this game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we gave up 34 to the giants. Thats equal to giving up 45 to a real team.
The Giants defense scored 1 TD.

The Cowboys defense scored 1 TD.

That alone puts the defense points allowed at:
Cowboys 27
Giants 30

Each defense should have the points they scored deducted from how many they gave up:
Cowboys 20
Giants 23

Then the offense gave the Giants the ball with 17 yards need to score. That's a guaranteed 3 points meaning at most the defense it to blame for 4 points.

Effective Points allowed by Defense:
Cowboys 17
Giants 23