Twitter: Ed Werder reports Norv Turner and Dave Wannstedt as OC and DC possibilities

khiladi

Reaction score
I think Norv and Dave reflect that Jason's contacts are really not that big... It's almost humiliating for these guys if they do return for the "chosen one".

khiladi

Reaction score
I like Norv.

But isn't his offense outdated?

Anyone notice the huge improvement in Phillip Rivers this year?
Just saying...

Norv as HC versus OC... I think rivers was injured as well.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I hope everyone realizes that Werder's subtitle is basically ESPN's official Cowboys troll reporter.

He only ever has Cowboys "news" when it sucks.

chicago JK

Reaction score
As I said in another post this franchise's not being able to turn the page of the 90's glory days are depressing.

Interestingly the only think they are not reminiscent about from the early 90's is the one thing that could change this organization. That is a sane, smart football Gm. That is a no go. But bringing back every assistant, line coach, strength trainer, etc will bring back the good days.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Garrett starts using copious amounts of hairspray, goes fishing in the Keys and starts trying to trade Herschel Walker then we are finally back to where it started.

The universe has never witnessed such a great post before.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I think Norv and Dave reflect that Jason's contacts are really not that big... It's almost humiliating for these guys if they do return for the "chosen one".

How is it humiliating? If Norv comes here, there's an extremely good chance he'll be HC the following season. It's a great career decision.

silver

Reaction score
too bad we cant bring back Charles Haley, Tony Tolbert, Tony Casillas, Russell Maryland, Jimmie Jones, Leon Lett, Jim Jeffcoat and Chad Hennings to play on the defensive line.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I'd take Norv as OC but not if it means him being HC down the road. As far as defense I've no knowledge about the other guy so can't really say much.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Wannsdedt has been reduced to a Special Teams coach. He has never proven he is exceptional anywhere as a head coach or defensive coordinator and I will never forgive him for the his defensive strategy against Detroit in '92 where he kept the corners ten yards off and the Lions slowly ate us alive. It was disgraceful because he never let those guys compete.

KDM256

Reaction score
Just when I thought nothing else could shock me when in regards to the Cowboys... Ed Werder pulls out this zinger.

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
Wannsdedt has been reduced to a Special Teams coach. He has never proven he is exceptional anywhere as a head coach or defensive coordinator and I will never forgive him for the his defensive strategy against Detroit in '92 where he kept the corners ten yards off and the Lions slowly ate us alive. It was disgraceful because he never let those guys compete.

His strategy was to let Erik Kramer beat them, and not give Barry an inch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but our corners were Issiac Holt who was burned a lot in that 91 season (led to the drafting of Kevin Smith the next year) and 12th round rookie Larry Brown.

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
If Wannstedt indeed returns, I can see them bringing back Butch Davis to be the DLine Coach and replace Marinelli once he leaves for Tampa Bay to be the DC for Lovie Smith.