Twitter: Ed Werder reports Norv Turner and Dave Wannstedt as OC and DC possibilities

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If this were true, then think about what this means.

Jerry is now getting frustrated and perhaps scared to death that his franchise quarterback's days are numbered.

So much so that Jerry is calling in the OC and DC from the Jimmy era in hopes of re-catching lightning in a bottle.

This is a man who is now scrambling before this mess he created starts to stink like a dead carcass.

I might consider this a crack in the wall.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
This reminds me of when Dave Campo came back. How did that all work out?

Randy White

Reaction score
Norv and Wanny ?

What-Would-Picard-Do.gif

Make it so...!!!!!!

DBOY3141

Reaction score

Jerry is now getting frustrated and perhaps scared to death that his franchise quarterback's days are numbered.

So much so that Jerry is calling in the OC and DC from the Jimmy era in hopes of re-catching lightning in a bottle.

This is a man who is now scrambling before this mess he created starts to stink like a dead carcass.

I won't disagree that JJ is frustrated, above all else he wants to win so he can say "i told you I could do it without Jimmy". But Wannstadt is through, his last gig in Buffalo was a complete failure. Norv would be a good addition though.

links18

Reaction score
Wannsdedt has been reduced to a Special Teams coach. He has never proven he is exceptional anywhere as a head coach or defensive coordinator and I will never forgive him for the his defensive strategy against Detroit in '92 where he kept the corners ten yards off and the Lions slowly ate us alive. It was disgraceful because he never let those guys compete.

You won't forgive him for a game that preceded the glory years? Tough crowd around here, I guess.

links18

Reaction score
I'm going to go start watching tape of the '92 season.

burmafrd

Reaction score
lol. and now he is posting it like it was yesterday ?

man how easy it is to earn money in this business. just post some crap lean back and count your money.

you look at the media anywhere today and if you are old enough compare it to 30 years ago. It is horrendous.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
lol. and now he is posting it like it was yesterday ?

man how easy it is to earn money in this business. just post some crap lean back and count your money.

Not exactly sure what you're saying, but the talk on the radio show was that Jerry did the hires last year, and might give Garrett more say this time. So the implication is that Jason is the one who wants these two and couldn't get them last year, but it could happen now if he does get his way.

(Although I repeat that Galloway claimed last year that Norv said he wasn't interested in coming here because he wanted to avoid the circus.)

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Lets compare Cowboys Offensive Stats Vs Norv Turner Offensive Stats

http://***BLOCKED***/user/rat2k14/media/DallasStats_zps88dd939f.png.html?sort=3&o=0

perrykemp

Reaction score
Lets compare Cowboys Offensive Stats Vs Norv Turner Offensive Stats

http://***BLOCKED***/user/rat2k14/media/DallasStats_zps88dd939f.png.html?sort=3&o=0

I have no interest in Norv, however, he found lots of ways to get Josh Gordon the ball. He ended up leading the league in yards.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
To be honest I don't want either of them. What have they done? Norv has had success as an OC but when replaced the alternative has done better. Wannstedt has never done anything unless you go back a quarter century. I would rather have new blood. IF this is true, and I would bet it isn't, this is ALL JERRY and no one else. This would be nothing more than jumping out of the skillet and into the fire........

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
You know the Cowboys are in dark times when Norv Turner becomes a sexy hire compared to all the crap that has been here recently.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I have no interest in Norv, however, he found lots of ways to get Josh Gordon the ball. He ended up leading the league in yards.

Does he use screen passes? For the love of god I don't even know if we ran that once this year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

I might have never agreed with a post more than this.

Norv has coordinated the 20th and 27th best scoring offenses the past two seasons. --considerable run of success before that.
He is 61 years old.
He runs an offense that was in its hey day 20 years ago.

Wanny was a ST coach last year. He is another 61 year old.
The last time he was a DC was for the Bills in 2012 and his defense was 27th in points allowed.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
you look at the media anywhere today and if you are old enough compare it to 30 years ago. It is horrendous.

It's a joke. It's like madness........someone says something sensational or whatever, it gets reported!!! Most of this stuff is just people "guessing"

The entire country goes mad because a young mother in Florida is pyscho and kills her child, Yet, the same thing happens somehwere else everyday.............and not a word. Not a care.

The most important , historic event happens almost every other day.........but wait, first lets tell you this story about Kim kardashain and what beiber tweeted about it.......

I dont seek this stuff out, It finds me.!!!!!!

It's ......madness.......

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
More like a crack in his sanity.

At least Turner has had success since leaving Dallas.

Wannstedt has been horrible at his most recent defensive coordinator spot in Buffalo and had to take a job as a special teams coach on Schiano's staff to maintain employment.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I might have never agreed with a post more than this.

Norv has coordinated the 20th and 27th best scoring offenses the past two seasons. --considerable run of success before that.
He is 61 years old.
He runs an offense that was in its hey day 20 years ago.

Wanny was a ST coach last year. He is another 61 year old.
The last time he was a DC was for the Bills in 2012 and his defense was 27th in points allowed.

Both younger than Kiffin. Count your blessings.