Ed Werner good scoop on Hill

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This just tells me Heupel and Co had a way of doing things and Hill didn't fall in line.

I don't know about you, but I have an issue with that. It was not like Hill was a great talent at a big school.

But it sounds like he believed he was.
I can understand a player not respecting the coaches being a warning sign.
I'm not saying that it isn't.
But I also know that player/coach relationships aren't always simple as they seem. There are a lot of dynamics involved in that relationship.
We as fans tend to view them in terms of power dynamics, i.e., coach is always right and player should always respect them. And when that narrative isn't followed, we tend to play the player.
That's not always the case, though. There are some awful coaches with bad management and relationship skills. Just note Tom Coughlin.
He had to lighten up, or he was going to lose his team. Fortunately, he listened, and his team won a Super Bowl.
There are some crappie coaches and coaching staff out there. We don't see it because we're not inside.
Maybe this is the case in Hill's situation. I truly don't know.
But we're about to find out. If he's really an attitude problem, he's not going to be able to hide that for long.
T.O. couldn't. Greg Hardy couldn't. Ro McClain couldn't. David Irving couldn't. And neither will Hill if he has authority and attitude issues.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Maybe this is the case in Hill's situation. I truly don't know.
The sad part is that you have to ask yourself this question.

Usually if that is the case, you are overthinking it.

Hmmm. Was this all made up about this guy?

Just a bad situation for the poor kid?

That is the question.

I would prefer not having that doubt.

dfense

Reaction score
heard the same about Marinelli/randy Gregory relationship. it didn't work out. hope he doesn't turn out to be another david irving.
I think Maryjane played a prominant roll in those two relationships. Hopefully this kid doesn't have the same vise.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The sad part is that you have to ask yourself this question.

Usually if that is the case, you are overthinking it.

Hmmm. Was this all made up about this guy?

Just a bad situation for the poor kid?

That is the question.

I would prefer not having that doubt.
Fair enough.

dfense

Reaction score
It's not the same situation because the player is totally different. Jerry and Stephen need to be smacked for not only still paying marinelli but actually taking his advice on who to draft. He would.have been there at 90. Or trade up and get khalen Saunders
He could have been gone with the next pick. You don't know that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well, just don't give up like that.

I thought we were getting into a nice discussion.
:laugh:
I can understand your point. It is valid. And I agree. You'd prefer a player who doesn't have such negatives attached to him.
True.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why do you guys keep comparing him to Gregory and Irving? What’s his issue with drugs?
Apparently Broaddus said something about him being fond of the drink.

I never saw it or heard. Then again, I don't make it a habit of listening or paying attention to what the team pumps out.

dfense

Reaction score
Do you know hes gonna be good? Yes if hes the next Warren sapp this defense will be great. But marinelli didn't draft Warren sapp
Marinelli doesn't draft anyone. Especially a rookie mid round safety who would have to line up the defense so probably wouldnt start as a rookie and would esentially be a wasted pick. Thank God arm chair GMs don't run the show.

cowboyec

Reaction score
from what I saw...I liked.
big.
athletic.
Ive wanted them to take a DT and FINALLY they did.
I would have rather had a S but this guy is a good player.
Im gonna give him a chance.
his potential is sky high...I hope he is that MONSTER we've been clamoring for.
I hope he eats people.
GO GET'M BIG MAN.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I wonder what will happen if Garett and the rest of his coaching staff contracts are not renewed after the season. This is a cut throat business and coaches come a go.
I agree. Another coaching staff coming in could hinder his growth and he goes back to his issues with coaching staff. But that’s football. A lot of variables always come into play.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
So if Hill and Rod have a father son type relationship the negative reason to not draft him doesn’t exist. I wonder what round he would be taken if he never had that label in the first place?

CWR

Reaction score
If hes so good why didnt he start for UCF? And why he only get 3 sacks

What are you talking about? You wanted to know about his effort so I volunteered to help educate you.

Btw, I just got done reading your LVE reviews post draft. Lol, boy if thats a measuring stick for your scouting ability we will be just fine.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I felt it was way too early with too much bust potential versus other players available. Jerry Jones admitted it came down to Trysten Hill versus Juan Thornhill, and they really liked the safety, but went with their guy.
You mean the Cowboys FO went with Marinelli... yet again. It did not turn out well the last time.