Video: Eisen on Titans game

ESisback

Reaction score
Valid. I would love to see them heading into the playoffs red hot but two things to consider. The Cowboys know they didn't need that game. They are locked into the 5th seed and it would take a miracle for them to win the division or improve their seeding. The second thing to remember is they are dealing with a boatload of injuries. I think LVE and Pollard both would have played if the Cowboys needed the game. At the same time, I think they want to try to avoid further injuries to their starters.

I just think the mental part of the game is harder than the physical part, especially when there is nothing to play for. If Dallas wanted that game badly, I have no doubt they would have played better and blown out the Titans.

Having said that, some of the same things we saw the last two weeks continue to plague them, like the pass coverage for instance. The injuries to Brown and Lewis have really set this defense back in a big way.

These are viable REASONS for most teams, but for Dallas it’s called excuses.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
People underestimate the loss of Brown in particular. For those that remember the Cowboys of the 1990s, the loss of pro bowler CB Kevin Smith in 1995, after he tore his Achilles in the season opener (35-0 win @NYG), was probably not as big of a blow as the loss of Brown. Admittedly, a lot of that had to do with Deon Sanders being signed after Smith went down.

Creeper

Reaction score
People underestimate the loss of Brown in particular. For those that remember the Cowboys of the 1990s, the loss of pro bowler CB Kevin Smith in 1995, after he tore his Achilles in the season opener (35-0 win @NYG), was probably not as big of a blow as the loss of Brown. Admittedly, a lot of that had to do with Deon Sanders being signed after Smith went down.

Lots of teams have injuries in their secondary. Losing 2 starters is a big deal but it doesn't mean the defense has to fall apart. The Giants got rid of Bradberry and lost Adoree Jackson, as well as Xavier McKinney to injury but they are still playing decent pass defense. The thing is the Giants did not change the way they play defense because of the injuries. They still play aggressive. I feel like the Cowboys lost Brown, after losing Lewis, and they got a little softer than usual.

I understand with Wright they have to be cautious because he is not a fluid CB and is slow on breaks, but he gives up too much ground.

stinkface

Reaction score
I think most of us have figured it out by now, that Dak is going to throw a few bad balls every game that have the potential for interceptions to occur. It just goes with the territory. The question is always whether the other team will indeed catch them. No different then Kirk Cousins in Minn. He had two easy pics that should have happened last week and both were dropped. Of course he is also capable of dropping some great throws in there. Those interceptions and/or bad throws that make Dak a top 10 QB and not a top 5 QB.

I will say, Joey B. in Cinn is I believe the most accurate thrower and reader of defenses out there, but even he is helped by having 3 exceptional Wide Outs that are all big imposing targets with great catch radius and with a lot of speed.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think because it’s the cowboys and they have a 27 year drought history this is a story
Go through the other top teams in the league and see that KC, Buffalo, minny all should have curb stomped teams and didn’t . It’s just newsworthy to discuss the star

I also think rich is giving this defense more love than it deserves plus they are hurt and tired
3 games in 11 days is putting in work

travel to Jax back to Dallas then tennesee may not have been across the country but travel nonetheless

EGTuna

Reaction score
What a long-winderd, meandering, inefficient way to communicate a single point. My mother-in-law can land the plane faster. Someone loves the sound of their own voice.

visionary

Reaction score
I think the media just under estimates football. This isn’t madden.

- 3 games in 12 days. Add in two road games to boot. An emotional road loss in OT, followed by beating your rival last week.

- A lot of guys getting experience. They want to prove they belong in the league. These are all professionals.

- Short week. Thursdays are difficult for every team.

- Team is already locked into the 5. They want to keep the play along vanilla.

- No Tony Pollard and at least 6 defensive starters out.

If this was on a Sunday, I feel it would’ve been different.

yeah I agree
That was a tough stretch

visionary

Reaction score
Rich Eisen’s “take” just dropped like a stone, IMHO, because he fell into the same lazy, speculative sensationalism as all the other commonplace pundit ramblings. Kansas City, the ultimate contender is not undefeated. They beat the Titans by 3, and Houston took them to overtime. Cincy, who Dallas already beat, topped Tennessee by 4. Minnesota, who Dallas DESTROYED, is held in higher regard.

Dallas has flaws, yes, and I worry about Dak’s INTs and injuries and officiating and KM’s playcalling, but holy crap, this ENDLESS doom is beyond old. What’s worse, since any team winning the SB is on the low side percentage wise, the ABDs, Trolls and perpetually miserable “fans” will be predictably smug and feel validated by any such nonsense. So let’s just say in advance…you’re wrong, and deep down, you know it.

LOL as usual in your blind homerism you conveniently ignore the FACT that none of those games were played by a QB who joins the team the weak before and who was 10/17 in his illustrious 5 year NFL career before going off on our defense

:facepalm:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I work out with two times Super Bowl running back. He has a total different take on this team. Most of it positive. The only thing he would change is consistency. We don’t play to the other teams weakness. And that’s totally on coaching and nothing else. so how’s that for a take?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL as usual in your blind homerism you conveniently ignore the FACT that none of those games were played by a QB who joins the team the weak before and who was 10/17 in his illustrious 5 year NFL career before going off on our defense

You just don’t wanna look at the whole picture do you?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

To be fair, that QB played very well, throwing some darts, and getting rid of the ball quickly...but scored 1 TD.