Video: Eisen on Titans game

ESisback

Reaction score
LOL as usual in your blind homerism you conveniently ignore the FACT that none of those games were played by a QB who joins the team the weak before and who was 10/17 in his illustrious 5 year NFL career before going off on our defense

:facepalm:

Acting like a normal fan is “blind homerism”?!? Lol. Doesn’t “blind” mean ignoring details in favor of “rah rah”? And, as usual, you doom-n-gloomers fail to recognize the many reasons tugging in the other direction:
1)3 games in 12 days, lotsa travel, against a tough, well coached team at home with nothing to lose.
2)This is professional football, which means ‘any given Sunday’.
3)We won by a wider margin than the more respected contenders.
4)We played without Pollard, the 4th quarter without our starting center, and five starters on defense.

Blind homerism. Couldn’t it ALSO be said that anyone that consistently derides our team is NOT a real fan? I wonder if we’ll EVER follow a game we won without seven days of crying.

Last edited:

DripTooHard

Reaction score
OK, so he knows engineering. How does that qualify him with the football?

No correlation from a physical standpoint, but it does mean that he is very intelligent and can probably pick up offensive schemes and read defenses very quickly. Getting a 4.0 in any engineering major is supremely difficult. The fact that he got that tells me the mental aspect of the game won’t be his hurdle. The guy had a week with the Titans before starting against Dallas. It didn’t seem like he had any trouble with the play book.

ESisback

Reaction score
A smart man who is an unknown quantity can accomplish much. For awhile.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Acting like a normal fan is “blind homerism”?!? Lol. Doesn’t “blind” mean ignoring details in favor of “rah rah”? And, as usual, you doom-n-gloomers fail to recognize the many reasons tugging in the other direction:
1)3 games in 12 days, lotsa travel, against a tough, well coached team at home with nothing to lose.
2)This is professional football, which means ‘any given Sunday’.
3)We won by a wider margin than the more respected contenders.
4)We played without Pollard, the 4th quarter without our starting center, and five starters on defense.

Blind homerism. Couldn’t it ALSO be said that anyone that consistently derides our team is NOT a real fan? I wonder if we’ll EVER follow a game we won without seven days of crying.
Facts.... not blind woke real easy to see why we "only won by 14" with 3 TOS and all those factors LOL

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think you have to make some allowance for how spooked our guys were by Josh Dobbs and his parents. Those guys could give the Addams family a run.
Mom was pretty stoic!

Who was the bald guy on the Adams Family = Dad

Seriously, though Dobbs has a good head on his shoulders, and his parents, I’m sure had a lot to do with it.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That was creepy. His parents looked like weirdos... a couple that clearly can't stand each other, like most married couples.

They didn't say a single word to each other, or even crack a smile, during the 800 times they were shown on TV.

You'd never guess in a million years that their son was the home team's starting QB.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I saw 2 parents that have extremely high expectations( their son is an Aeronautical Engineer with a 4 point gpa ) for their son. Dad and mom were probably really excited on the inside for their son, but stressed out and anxious for him on the outside. Mom seemed superior focused on the game. The parents not talking to each other, when on camera, to me, just means they were superior focused on the game.

They definitely were not your typical fans( fanatics ).

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I saw 2 parents that have extremely high expectations( their son is an Aeronautical Engineer with a 4 point gpa ) for their son. Dad and mom were probably really excited on the inside for their son, but stressed out and anxious for him on the outside. Mom seemed superior focused on the game. The parents not talking to each other, when on camera, to me, just means they were superior focused on the game.

They definitely were not your typical fans( fanatics ).

His mom has a medical condition

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No correlation from a physical standpoint, but it does mean that he is very intelligent and can probably pick up offensive schemes and read defenses very quickly. Getting a 4.0 in any engineering major is supremely difficult. The fact that he got that tells me the mental aspect of the game won’t be his hurdle. The guy had a week with the Titans before starting against Dallas. It didn’t seem like he had any trouble with the play book.
I think those are 2 very different types of intelligence. You have time to think when learning and applying engineering. A QB needs to be able to read different looks he's never seen and evaluate in seconds. He's undeniably intelligent, but that doesn't necessarily translate to the field.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
His mom has a medical condition
I've seen pictures of her on a medical scooter. She looked taller than her husband based on video from the Thursday night game. It's possible she was sitting on a scooter and his dad on a regular seat. That may explain the height difference, not that anything is wrong with a wife being taller than her husband. But that seems to be the exception rather than the rule, and the exceptions are what freaks people out.

Loso86

Reaction score
I think the media just under estimates football. This isn’t madden.

- 3 games in 12 days. Add in two road games to boot. An emotional road loss in OT, followed by beating your rival last week.

- A lot of guys getting experience. They want to prove they belong in the league. These are all professionals.

- Short week. Thursdays are difficult for every team.

- Team is already locked into the 5. They want to keep the play along vanilla.

- No Tony Pollard and at least 6 defensive starters out.

If this was on a Sunday, I feel it would’ve been different.
Yea problem is we killed the Vikings and everyone thinks that's how it should always be. But 31 other teams and its players are getting paid to play too. These guys just put 40 on the "best team" in the league and in a short turnaround game had to fly up to Tennessee. Didn't played great but still won by double digits. That's football. And without 4 starters on D and the Center going out no Pollard etc

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think those are 2 very different types of intelligence. You have time to think when learning and applying engineering. A QB needs to be able to read different looks he's never seen and evaluate in seconds. He's undeniably intelligent, but that doesn't necessarily translate to the field.
Yep. My brother-in-law is really smart, and if you give him time to analyze a problem, he’ll come up with a solution. However, make that guy think on his feet and make split second decisions, and he will freeze up. He just can’t make fast decisions. His reactions are slow and there is no instant decisiveness for him like he would need as a football player, let alone as a QB. He needs time to formulate a solution.

QB’s have to see things and decide exactly where to go with the ball in just a couple of seconds. Many smart dude’s have no shot at getting that done. Not saying Dobbs can’t because I haven’t even watched him very much… but that is the problem for 99% of the people at the NFL QB position. Shrinking the time where you have to make a decision eliminates a lot of smart guys from doing it.

That is why debating online like here is way different from doing it in person. Online you have plenty of time to think of a comeback and formulate what you want to say. In person, you have to think of a response and get it out before the other person has moved on to another point. A lot of people don’t do well with very little time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep. My brother-in-law is really smart, and if you give him time to analyze a problem, he’ll come up with a solution. However, make that guy think on his feet and make split second decisions, and he will freeze up. He just can’t make fast decisions. His reactions are slow and there is no instant decisiveness for him like he would need as a football player, let alone as a QB. He needs time to formulate a solution.

QB’s have to see things and decide exactly where to go with the ball in just a couple of seconds. Many smart dude’s have no shot at getting that done. Not saying Dobbs can’t because I haven’t even watched him very much… but that is the problem for 99% of the people at the NFL QB position. Shrinking the time where you have to make a decision eliminates a lot of smart guys from doing it.

That is why debating online like here is way different from doing it in person. Online you have plenty of time to think of a comeback and formulate what you want to say. In person, you have to think of a response and get it out before the other person has moved on to another point. A lot of people don’t do well with very little time.
Hold on, I'll get back to you in a few. :muttley:

MarcusRock

Reaction score

... and time makes lovers feel
like they got something real ...