Eli Manning ...not ready for prime time!

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
That was one of the most embarrassing displays of "professional" playoff football ever- way to represent the NFC East- reminded me of Cowboy efforts against Carolina in the playoffs, only we haven't messed the bed at home when we played them. Oh, and before any of you Commanders fans say anything about anything just shut up.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd said:
Manning would be on the bench by now if not for his name. Simple as that. He is getting a LOT of room because of that. If his name was Smith it would be a whole different story. the guy is NOT accurate and that will be his downfall.

He has played a year and a half in the NFL and gets his team to the playoffs in his first year as the full time starter.

He may not be his brother talentwise, but who is?

Did you watch Peyton his first couple of years?

He's going to be a very good QB IMO.

At least the Giants know they have a future at the position.

To say that he would be on the bench right now were it not for his name is ri-damn-diculous.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Manning is not accurate- if you cannot see that then you are blind.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
I put this on the Giants vs Panthers thread

so much for Eli being their Franchise QB. I know he's young but he has a long way to go and if it weren't for his last name being Manning, no one would be even talking about him. Barber is the reason they are there, not Manning
you are wise.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Sarge said:
He has played a year and a half in the NFL and gets his team to the playoffs in his first year as the full time starter.

He may not be his brother talentwise, but who is?

Did you watch Peyton his first couple of years?

He's going to be a very good QB IMO.

At least the Giants know they have a future at the position.

To say that he would be on the bench right now were it not for his name is ri-damn-diculous.

didnt quincy carter do the same thing?

Dallas31

Reaction score
YoMick said:
This was the easiest game to call. Manning has become very INT-prone.

Because of this fact he has recently applied for official name change...

Being a Dallas Cowboy fan living in NY. I could not be any happier. Dont have to listen to "atleast we made it" THEY actually didnt make it today... LMAO

Go Cowboys 2006!

man I knew I should have bet the game today....

Carolina plus 3 would have been easy money.....

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd said:
Manning is not accurate- if you cannot see that then you are blind.

Did you watch Manning play in college?

Do you even know who played for in college?

Do you realize how young he is?

What exactly do you expect from, essentially, a rookie?

Troy Aikman said today, Manning is exactly where he should be as a QB at this point in his career.

Here's a quarter, by yourself a clue.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
That was one of the most embarrassing displays of "professional" playoff football ever- way to represent the NFC East- reminded me of Cowboy efforts against Carolina in the playoffs, only we haven't messed the bed at home when we played them. Oh, and before any of you Commanders fans say anything about anything just shut up.

And to add to that... LOL

When they Giants fan say things like "when was the last time you went, we went in 2000?" - my reply, uh, last times we went we won 3 since your last one.... the gift from Booofallo! always steems them when they REALLY think about LOL

my reply, "you went and lost and scored 0 points" defense scored.... "atleast we went, atleast we went" wahhhhh....

laying a goose egg is becoming a pattern for the Giants? hmmm.....

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Future 585 said:
didnt quincy carter do the same thing?

Yes, we really blew it getting rid of Quincy Carter.

Agenda?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Sarge said:
Did you watch Manning play in college?

Do you even know who played for in college?

Do you realize how young he is?

What exactly do you expect from, essentially, a rookie?

Troy Aikman said today, Manning is exactly where he should be as a QB at this point in his career.

Here's a quarter, by yourself a clue.

Exactly. Having watched Eli in college, I thought he was more talented then Peyton, but maybe not the same in mental department.

But both Eli and Peyton manning are overrated in their arm strength though. They have I think about above average NFL arm strength at best, but good enough to make it NFL obviously.

Anyway, from what I read and noticed, they put too much pressure on Eli, by only making mostly long throws when he throws. Not too many short drop offs, other than to Tiki seems like. Which leads to lower completion percentage, especially considering his experience.

Bottom line, you can't say for sure about Eli till his 3rd year of full time starting, i.e. probably 2007 season, whether he is indeed a good or bust.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan said:
Exactly. Having watched Eli in college, I thought he was more talented then Peyton, but maybe not the same in mental department.

But both Eli and Peyton manning are overrated in their arm strength though. They have I think about above average NFL arm strength at best, but good enough to make it NFL obviously.

Anyway, from what I read and noticed, they put too much pressure on Eli, by only making mostly long throws when he throws. Not too many short drop offs, other than to Tiki seems like. Which leads to lower completion percentage, especially considering his experience.

Bottom line, you can't say for sure about Eli till his 3rd year of full time starting, i.e. probably 2007 season, whether he is indeed a good or bust.

Not to mention the fact the Eli ranked 5th in passing yards this year.

:rolleyes:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Bledsoe will NEVER win a SB, period.

The guy is a statue and regardless of what we do on OL, it is simple to game plan against him because of his lack of ANY mobility whatsoever.

I'm glad you watched every game, so did I, most of them more than once.

I've seen all I need to of Bledsoe.
But you will see alot more if you watch all the cowboys games next year... lol.
All the bagging on the guy in the world isn't gonna change that the fortunes of the team next season are tied to Bledsoe.

I didnt see too many brave proclamations that we couldn't win a SB with Bledsoe when we were 7-3.

Route 66

Reaction score
Sarge said:
Bledsoe will NEVER win a SB, period.

The guy is a statue and regardless of what we do on OL, it is simple to game plan against him because of his lack of ANY mobility whatsoever.

I'm glad you watched every game, so did I, most of them more than once.

I've seen all I need to of Bledsoe.

Oh and Aikman was a Michael Vick?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It took Payton 4 tries to win a single playoff game.

I do know today Eli single-handedly lost that game which is why it hurts to break in rookies/kid QBs. Seldom do they actually help you win.

I believe the younger QB lost every playoff game this week except the Steelers game where Palmer got hurt.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Eli made dumb throws that actually made Testaverdi look smart. Running right off the back foot throwing left into double coverage. ROTFLMAO. It was fun to watch this game with a few (now deflated) gints fans. LOL.

If the guy's Jersey said anything other than "Manning" he'd have been benched mid-season, that is if he ever got a start to begin with.

ghst187

Reaction score
Eli was TOTALLY confused today. The Giants had been hiding Eli a little by running Tiki more, which was actually a pretty good plan. Eli has struggled mightily this year. Teams had one year of film on him this year and figured him out a little. I think he's very overrated simply because of his name. I think Eli is a putz compared to his brother. I don't think he has the mental toughness but I'm not saying he's going to be horrible his entire career either. He'll probably be okay, but I don't ever see him coming close to his brother's skill-level.
The great thing about Eli struggling and still slowly developing is that by the time he turns the corner the Giants' horses are going to be too old....Strahan, Tiki, Toomer....

BTW, how Strahan gets to the QB like he does is amazing to me. Ware should be watching tape of him everyday. Its also amazing that Strahan can get to the QB despite some weak Giant secondary play. Amazing what a real defensive coordinator can do with just a few key tools.

BTW II, Peppers looks like Einstein while playing his position on the field, but wow he didn't sound too bright in his post-game interview.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
YoMick said:
This was the easiest game to call. Manning has become very INT-prone.

Because of this fact he has recently applied for official name change...

Being a Dallas Cowboy fan living in NY. I could not be any happier. Dont have to listen to "atleast we made it" THEY actually didnt make it today... LMAO

Go Cowboys 2006!

I live in Jersey and that game was a thing of beauty. Wait....I think Eli just threw ANOTHER pick! The funny thing is that all I kept hearing about was how the Giants defense was so banged up blah blah blah....OK then explain the lack of offense at home against a team that the Cowboys ran for over 200 yards against on the road! The Giants have climbed to the top of my least favorite teams list and I couldn't be happier about today's outcome! Thanks again Eli! Keep up the poor work! :laugh2:

wxcpo

Reaction score
I will always root against Eli Manning. Just like I couldn;t stand Elway for the way he whined until he got his way, Manning did the same thing. Let these kids go pump gas for $6.50 an hour and then see if they appreciate going to the Colts or the Chargers for a huge signing bonus and millions in salary. Hopefully though Manning will never turn out to be the QB that Elway did.