Eli Manning ...not ready for prime time!

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
It would probably be more accurate that Quincy had to be taught to stop being such a spazz. :D
Like you said, he could take a snap in college, but not his rookie year. The guy just couldn't handle the pressure. That is a descripiton of Quincy in a nut shell. Can not handle pressure.
My thoughts exactly .

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
Does it make you feel good to label me a quincy apologist? as I stated before I hold no special feelings toward him. You keep harping on his taking a snap properly ok so what evidently he corrected that problem or he would not have started 16 games in 03.
The point is both Manning and Quincy were starting QB's on playoff teams that lost in the first round and both have some of the same ? questions about there games but you are ready to say one is much better than the other I do not see much of a difference.

Also if you think its not just as much pressure to be annointed the next starting QB of the cowboys after aikman you are trippin.

So you are comparing, Second Year QB to 3rd year QB? Its really not a question of Manning Machinics, its question of his understanding of the game. Which can be compared with Quincy. Manning issue has not been machanics, but rather not knowing when and where if anything. But really, its one thing comparing maybe Chris Simms to Manning in 2nd year of their comparitive careers. But comparing Quincy to Mannning?

And there is not much more pressure in being a New York Giants QB and on top of that a Manning with all the hoopla surrounding ( not to mention being No.1 Overall pick), anything more than Quincy ever experienced? Ok :rolleyes:

joseephuss

Reaction score
silver said:
he actually won 2 AFC title games. people forget brady was injured in their first super bowl run and bledsoe stepped in and won.

Yep, Bledsoe came in and completed a drive with a TD pass. The Pats already had the early lead thanks to a Troy Brown punt return for a TD, so Bledsoe's pass to Patten made it 14-0.. The Pats then blocked a FG attempt in the 3rd quarter and returned it for a TD to take a 21-3 lead. Pittsburgh really had no chance to come back because they had Kordell Stewart at QB and he threw 3 INTs. Final score 24-17.

I give credit for Bledsoe coming in and throwing a TD on his first series. He was part of the victory. I don't see it as him coming in and leading the team to the victory. It really was a team effort and the defense and special teams really made the difference.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Yep, Bledsoe came in and completed a drive with a TD pass. The Pats already had the early lead thanks to a Troy Brown punt return for a TD, so Bledsoe's pass to Patten made it 14-0.. The Pats then blocked a FG attempt in the 3rd quarter and returned it for a TD to take a 21-3 lead. Pittsburgh really had no chance to come back because they had Kordell Stewart at QB and he threw 3 INTs. Final score 24-17.

I give credit for Bledsoe coming in and throwing a TD on his first series. He was part of the victory. I don't see it as him coming in and leading the team to the victory. It really was a team effort and the defense and special teams really made the difference.

Good point there. I don't remember the game that well, I do know he did get TD pass or some kind of score on his first drive. But I do remember it being mostly a defensive battle.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
So you are comparing, Second Year QB to 3rd year QB? Its really not a question of Manning Machinics, its question of his understanding of the game. Which can be compared with Quincy. Manning issue has not been machanics, but rather not knowing when and where if anything. But really, its one thing comparing maybe Chris Simms to Manning in 2nd year of their comparitive careers. But comparing Quincy to Mannning?

And there is not much more pressure in being a New York Giants QB and on top of that a Manning with all the hoopla surrounding ( not to mention being No.1 Overall pick), anything more than Quincy ever experienced? Ok :rolleyes:
I,m Comparing a third year QB who missed a considerable amount of time due to injuries and a benching in his first 2 years and also only played 2 years of college ball against a 2nd year QB who started 4 years in college and was groomed to be QB most of his life and yes the pressure is comparable especially since Mannings is self inflicted.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
I,m Comparing a third year QB who missed a considerable amount of time due to injuries and a benching in his first 2 years and also only played 2 years of college ball against a 2nd year QB who started 4 years in college and was groomed to be QB most of his life and yes the pressure is comparable especially since Mannings is self inflicted.

Now that sums it up for me. Okey Dokie then .... Poor Quincy...

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Now that sums it up for me. Okey Dokie then .... Poor Quincy...
Why is Manning in New York? because he did not want to play for San Diego so yeah most of the pressure is self inflicted But don't let your hate for everything that is Q carter stand in the way of logic. :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
Why is Manning in New York? because he did not want to play for San Diego so yeah most of the pressure is self inflicted But don't let your hate for everything that is Q carter stand in the way of logic. :rolleyes:

Funny Elway did the same thing as Eli did. Elway refused to go to the Colts and thus was traded yet few ever made that an issue when talking about John Elway.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:

And in San Diego he would have faced less Scrutiny? Only that would minus would be is NY media. Case in Point, Ryan Leaf. I guess Ryan Leaf had self induced Pressure :rolleyes:

Yeah don't let the love of Carter get in with facts. Yeah Poor Quincy indeed, its just my hatred for him doesn't let me accept facts, that he is as good as Manning or has had as good a career as Manning in their comparitive starts :rolleyes:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Funny Elway did the same thing as Eli did. Elway refused to go to the Colts and thus was traded yet few ever made that an issue when talking about John Elway.

I hold that against Elway. Of course there werern't the many message boards to say anything about it back then. Jim Everrett did the same thing when draft by the Oilers.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
kartr said:
And some here wanted us to trade all of our draft picks in 2004 and 2005 to get this guy. Their comment was, 'when you have a chance to get a franchise qb, you do whatever you have to do to get one'. LOL

Dallas did. Got burned. The kid named Quincy. Still costing us this very day. That young man took a lot of years from this football team via self-indulgance. Vinny was here because of that. Bledsoe is here because of that. If you knew then what you know now, you'd take Eli in a heartbeat. Careful burning your candle at both ends.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

Yup. Woulda played baseball rather than play for Baltimore. Nothing wrong with being able to have a say in your own future. Who the hell wanted to go to San Diego with Brees AND Rivers there? C'mon folks you know you woulda done the same thing in his shoes. Not a one of you would earn your degree in a profession of your choice and then be told to work for a lesser employer in your view. He didn't whine about it he simply made a business decision on his own behalf. It's kinda like the Heisman gig. In college you strive to be the best only to be rewarded with the worst team in the NFL. Gee....thanks.

I also don't see or hear of all this "hype" everyone is talking about. IMO...I think the kid did fairly well for a season and a half under his belt. The negative posts I see are most assuredly of the jealous nature. They have the very real possibility of a franchise QB and we are still in search of.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
thats7 said:
Yup. Woulda played baseball rather than play for Baltimore. Nothing wrong with being able to have a say in your own future. Who the hell wanted to go to San Diego with Brees AND Rivers there? C'mon folks you know you woulda done the same thing in his shoes. Not a one of you would earn your degree in a profession of your choice and then be told to work for a lesser employer in your view. He didn't whine about it he simply made a business decision on his own behalf. It's kinda like the Heisman gig. In college you strive to be the best only to be rewarded with the worst team in the NFL. Gee....thanks.

I also don't see or hear of all this "hype" everyone is talking about. IMO...I think the kid did fairly well for a season and a half under his belt. The negative posts I see are most assuredly of the jealous nature. They have the very real possibility of a franchise QB and we are still in search of.
They drafted Rivers because Manning did not want to go there. I have no problem with what he did but in the end you have to live with your choices thats why I told the other poster some of the pressure he is under is self inflicted.

joseephuss

Reaction score
thats7 said:

Football isn't the real world. There are certain things the players give up, such as choosing where they are going to play, in order for the system to work. If they didn't do that, then there would be two or three teams with all the talent. It is that system that Manning was bucking, not the system that you and I go by.

Rivers was in the same draft as Manning. San Diego picked Manning then traded him to N.Y., they used the pick they got from N.Y. to draft Rivers.

Reaction score
thats7 said:

I don't understand the Manning-bashing either. The Giants were 3rd in the league in points scored and 5th in the league in yards per game. They also had a nicely balanced offense (6th in rushing and 11th in passing) so it's not like Manning wasn't throwing the ball and timidly relying on the running game to help him out. Plus, FA-pickup WR Plax Burress had his best season in 3 years and of course T. Barber went nuts. Manning didn't have a Rothlisberger-type start to his career, but man, he sure made a quantum leap from his rookie season. Meanwhile, we've been shopping in the bargain bin for our QB's...