Eli Manning to retire

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If all you have to do is hit magic numbers like "2 super bowls" or "500 home runs" then why even bother to vote? Clearly there are plenty of voters who don't believe in these magic numbers because right now Eli has too many "no" votes from polled actual HoF voters.

First off I don't think anyone said he would be a first ballot winner. In 5 years there will be some media person that will start to make a case for ELI touting his 2 Super Bowl wins. It very well may not be enough for a first ballot, but I believe at some point he'll get in.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Eli was in NY for 16 years. The Giants had a winning record in 7 of those years. As a starter he was about 0.500. 1 winning record in his last 7 years. 5 times out of 16 years the team won 10 or more games. Guy is NOT a HOFer.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
It’s crazy to think Eli had a better career than Romo. Crazy......but he solidified his legacy. He’s going to the Hall.

What's crazy is that the undrafted free agent will have to witness an inferior player go to the HOF.

Nashville_Cowboy

Reaction score
Eli was in NY for 16 years. The Giants had a winning record in 7 of those years. As a starter he was about 0.500. 1 winning record in his last 7 years. 5 times out of 16 years the team won 10 or more games. Guy is NOT a HOFer.

I agree. Eli was exactly .500 in career starts (117-117). The pundits, however, will say 2 SB wins trumps his avg stats and will give him the gold jacket.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I agree. Eli was exactly .500 in career starts (117-117). The pundits, however, will say 2 SB wins trumps his avg stats and will give him the gold jacket.

In most cases I would agree but away from those 2 years he was pretty average. He just didn't win consistently enough.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Eli Manning career record vs the NFCE:

13-17 vs. Cowboys
10-21 vs. Eagles
19-10 vs. Commanders

Overall: 42-48 vs. NFCE

Playoffs vs. NFCE
1-0 vs. Cowboys
0-2 vs. Eagles
0-0 vs. Commanders

Damn, Eagles owned Eli. We beat him up as well. LOL at Commanders.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I have more respect for Eli than most. I can appreciate that when he got hot, he was ON FIRE. Yes, he was fortunate, but he made some amazing throws in pivotal situations at times, clutch throws....so I always give him some credit.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He is an above-average QB who had 2 great playoff runs led by a dominant defensive line. 4 probowl and 3 division titles in 16 years hardly screams greatness. Neither does .500 career win percentage.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

I don't consider him one either, but I do think he'll get in, for a couple of non-performance reasons. One, he played in New York, big media market. Two, he's a Manning, solid NFL family, the NFL is so image-conscious, to have a "good guy" like Eli to tout as a HOF'er, would be important so the league will let the voters know they want him in. I could very well be wrong, but at this time that's the way I see it...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don't consider him one either, but I do think he'll get in, for a couple of non-performance reasons. One, he played in New York, big media market. Two, he's a Manning, solid NFL family, the NFL is so image-conscious, to have a "good guy" like Eli to tout as a HOF'er, would be important so the league will let the voters know they want him in. I could very well be wrong, but at this time that's the way I see it...

I agree. He will probably get in but in my opinion should not. His win/loss record is average and they have been terrible for a long time.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Down the stretch, he was woeful and made me question whether he belongs in the Hall of Fame. But he's getting in. Two rings, two Super Bowl MVPs plus the Manning name will do it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I agree. He will probably get in but in my opinion should not. His win/loss record is average and they have been terrible for a long time.
Though his supporters for the HOF will immediately bring up the "it's a team game" statement, and essentially that would mean to some he's shouldn't get in because he's not "elite", which to those same folks means an "elite" quarterback is a quarterback who somehow just will his team to win regardless of how bad the talent is.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I agree but I bet his name gets him in.

Have to factor in his durability, as well, never missed a game due to injury, to me that's not really something he could control, but no doubt it'll factor in to the Hall voters considerations...