"Elimination Games" Phil Simms Whats That?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Now it's a term that's making national broadcasts. Thank you very much! :D

Quoting idiots with game classifications isnt something to be proud of. Phil Simms on a national broadcast clearly showed the folly of it. Just like I do here. Just like others do here. I'll gladly go along with Phil Simms rather than some guy driving a Chevette around his hometown of Iowa City and living in his mom's basement, but claiming to do otherwise.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Quoting idiots with game classifications isnt something to be proud of. Phil Simms on a national broadcast clearly showed the folly of it. Just like I do here. Just like others do here. I'll gladly go along with Phil Simms rather than some guy driving a Chevette around his hometown of Iowa City and living in his mom's basement, but claiming to do otherwise.

It's Thanksgiving he should be giving thanks during the boardcast not complaining about some term a fan came up with on a message board…LOL!

lukin1966

Reaction score
Romo takes a lot of heat ... But does anyone seriously think that this team would be 7-5 with any other QB. I think he's played well this year, in years past with that O - line he's showed a lot of toughness and has given them a chance. Just so everyone knows I'm not the biggest Romo fan, just feel he's not the biggest concern.

rags747

Reaction score
Simms has always been a Romo fan. Yes it seems the worm has turned, but I can only imagine what will be said about Romo after this years playoffs. Lets face it, if this team had a Championship defense Romo would have a very good chance at the ring...all the pieces are in place for a run but this defense does not stand a chance vs playoff teams imo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dude, you've got numerous posters here laughing at your arse for those silly game classifications you use to bash Romo. .

I got you starting threads about my classifications which has me laughing my butt off. LOL One of the terms you're attempting to attribute to me is something you made up. Let it go and enjoy the Cowboys win.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Phil Simms spoke of how foolish the "elimination" game junk was. And instead of hiding like you did on Sunday nite after Romo swept Eli (even tho you were here reading and replying to pms but just not posting) you act as if that nonsense is something to be proud of. When most sensible people in your place would have climbed back under their rock to hide, you act as if that crap is some kind of badge of honor to be lauded.

Who cares what Phil Simms says most everyone else who covers NFL games use the term. Thank you very much! :D I was on the board Sunday night enjoying the Cowboys win while you were sending me and others PM's to pull us into your 2 E-LIE threads you started. LOL

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Did you catch what Phil Simms said? He said this "elimination game" junk is just some new stat made up to slant things a certain way. It doesnt mean anything. A meaningless embellishment is what he said. :D

Simms has become one of the more say it for what it is commentators.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Simms has always been a Romo fan. Yes it seems the worm has turned, but I can only imagine what will be said about Romo after this years playoffs. Lets face it, if this team had a Championship defense Romo would have a very good chance at the ring...all the pieces are in place for a run but this defense does not stand a chance vs playoff teams imo.

And that has been the sad reality of his career recently.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not surprised Simms doesn't understand what an elimination game is. Whether they track it for anyone but Romo is irrelevant, Romo has generally stunk in his elimination games. I love Romo, but the truth is the truth and his record is his record.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Romo takes a lot of heat ... But does anyone seriously think that this team would be 7-5 with any other QB. I think he's played well this year, in years past with that O - line he's showed a lot of toughness and has given them a chance. Just so everyone knows I'm not the biggest Romo fan, just feel he's not the biggest concern.

Romo is the reason we have even been in "elimination games" and have a chance to make the playoffs this year.
Without him it's hello 5 and 11 Dave Campo years.
Enjoy this QB while we have him boys and girls !

mldardy

Reaction score
Not surprised Simms doesn't understand what an elimination game is. Whether they track it for anyone but Romo is irrelevant, Romo has generally stunk in his elimination games. I love Romo, but the truth is the truth and his record is his record.

Simms didn't say he didn't understand. He said that he had never heard of this stat for QB's until Romo. Something created just for Romo. Do you hear about any other QB's 'elimination game' record besides Romo or even before Romo? NO you didn't. It's a stupid stat made up for Romo.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
This is a FAN board which means there's not many rational people here.

Coming from numero uno on the irrational list that's pretty funny

Now it's a term that's making national broadcasts. Thank you very much! :D

I really feel like everyone else here on the board needs to invest in some waders. It keeps getting deeper in here as every day goes by.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
This is a FAN board which means there's not many rational people here.

That's such a bs, there are lot of rational posters on this site and I find you very irrational, one of the worst on this site.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha.....Kjj getting schooled by wpbcowboy!!! Hahaha.....

Man, 7-5 leading the East while controlling our own destiny, gentlemen we've been here before. You'll have to pardon some of us that want to see this thing play out before we start figuring out where we want to stand on the parade route.

Slashar00

Reaction score
Weird how many NFL QBs are Romo fans, huh?

Anyone ever read or hear Malcom Gladwell's studies? In one of them, he explains the disparity between public opinion and expert opinion. When something confuses the public, they almost always hate it because it's beyond their explanation. But experts aren't so easily confused.