"Elimination Games" Phil Simms Whats That?

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
I don't think elimination game is made up.

Elimination games are the playoff games and win and you're in games that were been in the past couple of seasons.

Romo hasn't been great in those games but I don't put it all on him. The team as a whole has under-performed in those games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He didn't make that claim. You did. He has a verbatim quote by you from a PM, and you made that same claim with me, though I didn't save it. You told me if people knew who you really were they would be impressed. Your words.

You have the same agenda he does. You even tampered with my avatar putting "You Have an Axe to Grind" underneath it to try and mess with me. You and him don't even like it here which is why you two flock together somewhere else.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't think elimination game is made up.

Elimination games are the playoff games and win and you're in games that were been in the past couple of seasons.

Romo hasn't been great in those games but I don't put it all on him. The team as a whole has under-performed in those games.

i like romo and consider myself a romo fan but this is correct

hopefully he will change this perception this year

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Simms didn't say he didn't understand. He said that he had never heard of this stat for QB's until Romo. Something created just for Romo. Do you hear about any other QB's 'elimination game' record besides Romo or even before Romo? NO you didn't. It's a stupid stat made up for Romo.

I have to agree. I have been a Romo critic, but I never heard this "elimination game" stat until Romo.
But on the flip side, every category has to have a start. The advent of the forward pass started with someone. Sid Luckman?
The sack stat started with someone. Yes, Deacon Jones coined the sack. But someone other than Deacon Jones was used to record the first sack stat.

As long as the "elimination game" stat continues and doesn't just apply to Romo, then I'm okay with it. Just be fair.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only thing twisted or funny in all of that is that you would ever compare Eli to Joe Montana.

What's funny is you claimed I said Eli was the second coming of Joe Montana. You went on for several pages claiming I said Eli was Joe Montana which is complete BS. Last year I said Tebow had leadership and some intangibles which helped Denver win some games and you claimed I said Tebow was a great QB. LOL

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Romo is the reason we have even been in "elimination games" and have a chance to make the playoffs this year.
Without him it's hello 5 and 11 Dave Campo years.
Enjoy this QB while we have him boys and girls !

People say this every year.. and i still get a chuckle out of it every time.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You have the same agenda he does. You even tampered with my avatar putting "You Have an Axe to Grind" underneath it to try and mess with me. You and him don't even like it here which is why you two flock together somewhere else.

Are you saying that you did not request that and that it was done against your wishes? I do remember "you have an axe to grind" being one of your favorite declarations a couple years ago.

That has always cracked me up because it seems that YOU are grinding your axe as much as anyone.

Reaction score
Phil Simms
Troy Aikman
Trent Dilfer
Steve Young

These guys have all forgotten more about quarterbacking than anybody around here knows, including me. And they are all fans of Romo. I'll take their view of Romo over the detracters that are here and other places.

As for elimination games, if Romo wasn't around the Cowboys would be eliminated by mid-November.

Reaction score
Some moron made up that "Elimination Game" BS just to make Romo look bad, but the worst part is that some of our own fans runs with it and lives by it, pathetic.

Institutions that control information can influence the less-informed and those who want to believe what they're being sold, it's just a fact of life. The real tragedy is that more people don't recognize this manipulation is going on in much more important areas than 'sports'.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Okay, I will probably regret this, but here goes.

Your av title was done as a joke. You never asked me to change it. I would have. You never asked any of the other staff to. They would have. The current software allows you to change it yourself, but you don't. Either you actually like it, or you want the reminder of being some kind of victim. Either way, you can move past the joke, or continue to ache from it. Has nothing to do with me any longer.

I don't think you should bring up that I post on another forum. It is completely disrespectful to this forum. That is why I do not bring it up. I respect this forum. I do still post here on occasion and I read here every day. There are many posters here that I do admire their football acumen, even some who disagree with me. You are not among that group. Sorry. You probably feel the same about me as a football guy. That's fine. I am comfortable in my football intelligence and would not seek approbation from you.

I only commented here because you are trying to say that he is lying, and that he made that up about you and 8 million followers. No, he did not. You claimed exactly that. He has a saved PM as proof. You also claimed it to me in an e-mail that I did not save, though I suspect if I went through my sent e-mails I could find it attached. I have no intentions of doing this because I do not care.

You have theorized to me that I am jealous of you for your incredibly well thought out football takes, because you live in Malibu, because you drive a Ferrari, because you have 8 million followers away from here and only come here to amuse yourself, and that if I really knew who you were I would be impressed. Let me set the record straight for you. Your football takes are amusing at best. I don't like California, wouldn't live there, don't particularly like visiting there, and if I was paid enough money to take up residence there I would choose San Diego, not Mailbu. If I was filthy rich I wouldn't drive a Ferrari. I'm a pickup truck and classic cars kind of person. I've never been jealous of anyone for a car that they drive. If you truly have one, good for you. It clearly is a status symbol that you care about. I don't. I do not care who you really are, nor that you have 8 million followers on the Internet. I was amused by that and I remain amused by it.

Back to the topic of the thread. Who is actually right about the elimination games stat? Phil Simms. It's a complete joke of a stat.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Phil Simms
Troy Aikman
Trent Dilfer
Steve Young

These guys have all forgotten more about quarterbacking than anybody around here knows, including me. And they are all fans of Romo. I'll take their view of Romo over the detracters that are here and other places.

As for elimination games, if Romo wasn't around the Cowboys would be eliminated by mid-November.

You forgot Roger Staubach.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yeah, I almost spit out some mashed potatoes when I hear Phil Simms talk about this "elimination game" stuff! And when he said that it is just another made up category to make Romo look worse, I thought? Does he read this forum? lmao

I don't know, because I am a novice, but, to me every game from game one to the last can keep a team from the playoffs with a loss. In my small mind, an actually elimination game comes from actually being in the playoffs.

But, that is not all. We have "spotlight games", "do or die games", "large audience games" (that one cracks me up)...

But, what category can be made up for a game where none of those exist in the mind of someone? Just a game? lol

However, what it really boils down to, is any game is not a one man show, it is a total team game...that is unless you just hate either Romo or the team itself!

One more thing, I know all about the 8 million followers thing because I read the PM. But, just how in the world can anyone actually quantify how many people follow someone in the internet, twitter, email, carrier pigeon, smoke signals, batman signal...how? Amazing....

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I don't think it's unfair to talk about elimination games. The reason for that is Romo is a good QB that's only played in 4 playoff games, so people will dig for something else for a larger sample size (albeit in order to prove an agenda driven point).

I just think it's unfair to hold Romo to that standard and virtually nobody else.

Well... it's unfair for the media and other outsiders to do so. Fans of this team need only be concerned about their QB so fire away if you'd like.

Personally, I think the criteria is a little vague to hold any weight.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I don't think it's unfair to talk about elimination games. The reason for that is Romo is a good QB that's only played in 4 playoff games, so people will dig for something else for a larger sample size (albeit in order to prove an agenda driven point).

I just think it's unfair to hold Romo to that standard and virtually nobody else.

Well... it's unfair for the media and other outsiders to do so. Fans of this team need only be concerned about their QB so fire away if you'd like.

Personally, I think the criteria is a little vague to hold any weight.

Bro...the only thing I can say for myself is...every game counts! I don't need to make up any criteria for how a game is won or lost. I know it's a team game. Look at Eli's team. Look at Rodger's team. Look at RG3's team? Look at Romo's team. Look at Wilson's team. Look at the eagles team.

Which QB out of those four has a winning team?