"Elimination Games" Phil Simms Whats That?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Chuckle away , Roy, but it's the truth.
What kind of record to you think we would sport w/o Tony ?

It would depend on who we got to play QB instead of him, wouldn't it?

Kinda silly to act like if we didn't have Romo, we wouldn't spend that money or have spent a high draft pick on another QB.. and to act like we know who that would be or how good they would be is nothing but fan speculation.. which amounts to nothing.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It would depend on who we got to play QB instead of him, wouldn't it?

Kinda silly to act like if we didn't have Romo, we wouldn't spend that money or have spent a high draft pick on another QB.. and to act like we know who that would be or how good they would be is nothing but fan speculation.. which amounts to nothing.

Well back in the day after Troy Aikman and before Tony Romo, we had former baseball players at qb and went 5 and 11, 3 years in a row. I know that because I was a fan then, we were celler dwellers.
Don't have a lot of confidence in the current regime to find another franchise QB, would like to appreciate the one we have.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Well back in the day after Troy Aikman and before Tony Romo, we had former baseball players at qb and went 5 and 11, 3 years in a row. I know that because I was a fan then, we were celler dwellers.
Don't have a lot of confidence in the current regime to find another franchise QB, would like to appreciate the one we have.

Which is one of the main reasons i don't think that would happen again if we had chosen not to resign Romo.

100 million buys alot more than crappy baseball rejects.

That being said, there's no reason not to appreciate the QB we do have. Tony is very good.. but i'm still realistic about other possibilities if we didn't have Tony. Its not like we'd just turn it over to Kyle long term.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Which is one of the main reasons i don't think that would happen again if we had chosen not to resign Romo.

That being said, there's no reason not to appreciate the QB we do have. Tony is very good.. but i'm still realistic about other possibilities if we didn't have Tony. Its not like we'd just turn it over to Kyle long term.

Good point Roy, hopefully Jerry would find us another decent QB.
It's just hard to get them and hard to win without one.

Ring Leader

Reaction score

Wasn't it the tuna that said "you can't just go to the quarterback store"? Or something of the sort.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Props to KJJ for making up an amazing term, and now the media has a hold of it. But since the word idiot is being thrown around, what type of ***** doesn't understand what an elimination game is? You know, the type of game that , if you lose, you go home. Sometimes people forget that they are actually smart when they become homers.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Wasn't it the tuna that said "you can't just go to the quarterback store"? Or something of the sort.

Big fan of the Tuna.. but again, 100 million can buy you alot at the QB store, i would imagine.

But aside from the money we'd have available, its just literally impossible to say who we'd have because we don't know what the organization would have done had they been of the opinion that they didn't want to resign Romo. Who knows who we would have drafted or who we may have signed in FA, etc..

DFWJC

Reaction score
Did you catch what Phil Simms said? He said this "elimination game" junk is just some new stat made up to slant things a certain way. It doesnt mean anything. A meaningless embellishment is what he said. :D

100% correct.
I was proud of him for calling that garbage term out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Props to KJJ for making up an amazing term, and now the media has a hold of it. But since the word idiot is being thrown around, what type of ***** doesn't understand what an elimination game is? You know, the type of game that , if you lose, you go home. Sometimes people forget that they are actually smart when they become homers.
KJJ did not make up the term elimination game, but he may have coined the ultra-silly term "spotlight game"

He's entitled, of course. I'm on the same page with him on many topics, but not the spotlight stuff.
Jmo

dstovall5

Reaction score
Big fan of the Tuna.. but again, 100 million can buy you alot at the QB store, i would imagine.

But aside from the money we'd have available, its just literally impossible to say who we'd have because we don't know what the organization would have done had they been of the opinion that they didn't want to resign Romo. Who knows who we would have drafted or who we may have signed in FA, etc..

Romo got market value, he got paid what great QBs make in today's NFL. If he left Dallas I'm pretty sure he would've gotten his 100M, after all that is market value for a QB of his caliber. He has performed individually like a top 5-8 QB in the NFL, so he's being paid like one with the 6th highest APY.

http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=QB

If you look at what other teams are paying their QBs APY, it makes our deal look that much better. Flacco/Ryan both making 20M, Eli/Schaub/Cutler all are at 15M, and Sanchez/Bradford are both making 13M. Yah ... I think I'm happy with Romo at 18M, especially how he has been playing this year.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
This thread got really personal really quickly between KJJ, Hostile and another poster. I'm reading some of those posts there on page 2 and 3 and I don't know what their talking about but it sounds like a personal feud there.

I think Matt Ryan is beginning to develop the same sort of reputation as Romo has, that choker label. We'll see if he's scrutinized as much as Romo has been (he probably won't be). Romo does make some costly mistakes, but I don't see a Brees Brady Manning or Rodgers walking into VR so he's our best shot. It is valid to point out his big miscues, but then you have to also bring up his big heroics that he has pulled off as well. They're a package deal, you can't cherry pick just the bad stuff. Until we draft another QB and he's developed enough to go, Romo is our guy so may as well support him.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
This thread got really personal really quickly between KJJ, Hostile and another poster.

Generally when someone gets called out or kicked to the curb they react to it. In this case the reaction was to deny and deflect rather than man up and accept responsibility. So what resulted was another calling out to set the record straight. Eventually trolls always get called out, they are always exposed. Here the light exposed the darkness.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I've always felt similar though. Its only a "big game" when Romo leases. "Elimination games" means what exactly? That you can't win with pressure on you? But aren't all games big in November/December? I just never got that.

Exactly.

Before the last tilt in the Meadowlands, all the "experts" were picking the NYG and calling the game "an important divisional showdown." When Dallas won, it became a game against a bad team that Dallas only won by three points.

EvilJerry88

Reaction score
Exactly.

Before the last tilt in the Meadowlands, all the "experts" were picking the NYG and calling the game "an important divisional showdown." When Dallas won, it became a game against a bad team that Dallas only won by three points.

Well if we're being honest, it was a game against a bad team that Dallas only won by three points, coming off a bye.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well if we're being honest, it was a game against a bad team that Dallas only won by three points, coming off a bye.

That's what it became after the fact. But prior the game everyone was picking the Giants who were on a 4 game winning streak.....

burmafrd

Reaction score

OK Roy then you tell us. IF we had let Tony walk just who is out there? Josh Freeman? So who are you going to spend that $100 million on? You are so sure we can do better than Tony so you tell us who to pay the money to.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
OK Roy then you tell us. IF we had let Tony walk just who is out there? Josh Freeman? So who are you going to spend that $100 million on? You are so sure we can do better than Tony so you tell us who to pay the money to.

~crickets~