Elliot Admits to Drug Use

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
Yeah, but coke? To me, not as easily dismissed as weed. Changes my perception of him a bit.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Zeke at present is a douchebag. And sounds like while in college- an entitled, drug using douchebag. That has nothing to do with his DV accusation, or the railroading he is currently enduring.

Also, it is entirely plausible that in time he will mature and put his douchebag era behind him. It's happened with several athletes to date.

scottsp

Reaction score
This cannot come as a revelation to anyone. I seriously doubt it stopped in college. Still, this doesn't change the core elements of this case for me.

As far as the kid's pastime, it doesn't interest me in the least, so long as he's lined up in the backfield on Sundays.

jlust22

Reaction score
There are definitely some warning signs with Zeke when it comes to partying, drinking and drug use. I don't believe those issues stopped the minute he left Ohio St. He's still rumored to go after it pretty hard in Dallas. That has nothing to do with this specific case but they are red flags that he needs to do a lot of maturing. He's only 22 and may grow out of it as many other players have but he definitely has some issues and needs a lot of oversight. The partying clearly hasn't affected him yet on the football field but he's been playing with fire for a while.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
My parents didn't do drugs or alcohol, my generation of kids didn't do drugs or alcohol, and the next generation of kids hasn't done drugs or alcohol. Its called instilling values in your kids when they're young, living your life consistent with those values and being involved with your kids on more than a cursory level while they grow up. So laugh it up, funny boy. As I said before, you're over your skis.

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
My parents didn't do drugs or alcohol, my generation of kids didn't do drugs or alcohol, and the next generation of kids hasn't done drugs or alcohol. Its called instilling values in your kids when they're young, living your life consistent with those values and being involved with your kids on more than a cursory level while they grow up. So laugh it up, funny boy. As I said before, you're over your skis.

So ZeKe - or others here, no values.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Yeah, but coke? To me, not as easily dismissed as weed. Changes my perception of him a bit.

Perhaps.

At my alma mater, Coastal Carolina University, I was one of maybe 10 people that I knew never tried cocaine.

And I only knew about 3 people that never smoked pot. Drugs are extremely prevalent in the Myrtle Beach area.

And considering the massive size of Ohio State, I would assume the same there as well.

I grew up a baseball fan in the 80's and saw cocaine wreck so many of heroes' careers. I also could never put something up my nose because I hated it when water got up my nose when swimming, so putting a drug up there just wasn't going to happen. I also knew that you could overdose on cocaine or get bad cocaine which isn't going to happen with pot. And nobody was more obnoxious to deal with at a party than cokeheads. They think they are better than everybody else because they are doing coke and you're not and they just have this obnoxious and unpredictable behavior that ruins a good time.

However, I had been to many parties where cocaine use was extremely prevalent. One time I was at a party with a girl I was dating and there was a mountain of coke on the kitchen table that people were taking liberties with. My gf saw it and wanted to leave, but I wanted to stay because I was having a good time and it wasn't any of my business who was doing coke or not. But looking back I see how stupid I was because with coke, everything gets taken up a notch and in that situation where there was an extreme amount being used it could have led to numerous awful things (i.e. police raid, somebody robbing the party for the coke, somebody OD'ing on the coke, etc).

So I try to not judge too harshly on any kid that tries coke in college. They don't fully understand the reprecussions and there's always that idea of trying it once because it won't kill you to try it. And I've had plenty of friends tell me that they tried it once or twice and just didn't like it and never tried it again.

It still has nothing to do with the case at hand. And if we were to bring up Thompson doing coke in the past, people would claim it is 'victim shaming' that has nothing to do with the case.

YR