Twitter: Elliott Not On Charter Flight To Camp

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It hurts the players more. Bell lost out on millions. The cowboys will still be printing money regardless of what Zeke does
how was it that bell didnt sign the franchise tag, and yet was unrestricted free agen the following year? Lets say Zeke played his 5 year deal and Dallas franchised him and he sat the entire year. The next year, wouldnt he still be able to be franchised again? So again, how did Bell become a free agent?

Qcard

Reaction score
Oh, too, there is an NFL rule that states a player under contract (Zeke is) must report to training camp by Aug. 6 to receive that year’s accrued season?

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-common-sense-debunks-zeke-rumors

Folks this is a game of Chicken...Zeke doesn't have enough years under his belt to pull a LeVeon Bell. Zeke needs the accrued season.
We should panick if Elliot doesn't show up by August 6th.. I still wouldn't give him a long term contract

Swanny

Reaction score
how was it that bell didnt sign the franchise tag, and yet was unrestricted free agen the following year? Lets say Zeke played his 5 year deal and Dallas franchised him and he sat the entire year. The next year, wouldnt he still be able to be franchised again? So again, how did Bell become a free agent?
Bell played 1 year under the tag and sat out the 2nd time he was tagged, I think? The Steelers could have tagged him for the 3rd time but that would have costed them $25 million for 1 year. That's stupid.
Bell lost out on I think $15 million for that season. He could have played and then signed a new deal with any team in the off season. It was foolish. Especially considering the contract he got wasn't close to what he wanted.
So if Zeke sat out in his first franchise tag season he would either be tagged again by the Cowboys or enter free agency. Again that would be foolish. Zeke would miss out on millions and becomes 1 year older.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Bell was in his sixth NFL season. He has more than played out his four-year rookie contract. Once he wasn't under the restriction of a tag, he's open for business. And that was his goal. :rolleyes:

visionary

Reaction score

tenor.gif

Wait, I thought this was a “completely made up story by the big bad media because they hate us”?

No?

HungryLion

Reaction score
It sucks if Zeke decides to hold out to start camp.

That being said. I really don’t see him holding out past the August 6th deadline. He has to have this season count as an accrued season.

So regardless, he will be ready to play week 1.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It sucks if Zeke decides to hold out to start camp.

That being said. I really don’t see him holding out past the August 6th deadline. He has to have this season count as an accrued season.

So regardless, he will be ready to play week 1.
If he does, he does. But it would be incredibly silly on his part because the Cowboys still own his rights for another year. It might just be an attention-grabbing move.

I do know that our approach, propping him up as this indispensable straw that stirs the drink was probably not a very bright thing to say when you have RBs across the league realizing their mortality and seemingly trying to break standards set by the owners.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It still could be. Say he shows up tomorrow on his own, flying in from Mexico? Then they were completely wrong.

For better or worse the Cowboys front office definitely doesn’t like to use maximum leverage against their own players. It can cost them a little bit in negotiations.

Then again, rarely do we see an ugly divorce between the team and a player also. So I guess that could be viewed as a positive.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Drink some professional bull riders? Are we supposed to be vampires?
*:lmao: if we were vampires huntin' bull riders?,,, we'd eventually be dumber than a sack full of hammers,as them bull riders are about some of the most functionally brain dead folks currently walking around:lmao:

Sydla

Reaction score
If he’s not there by noon tomorrow, pick up the phone and grab Ajayi.

He’s no Zeke but you have to operate under the assumption you may have to play 2019, even for just a few games, without Zeke.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If he’s not there by noon tomorrow, pick up the phone and grab Ajayi.

He’s no Zeke but you have to operate under the assumption you may have to play 2019, even for just a few games, without Zeke.
AT least kick the tires and give Zeke somethin to think about. Its optics.