Twitter: Elliott Not On Charter Flight To Camp

lkelly

Reaction score
You need details of things that are common knowledge to cowboys fans? Check google my friend
Ok, I was just checking to see if you had better sources. See, all the Googles clearly point out that Emmitt’s rookie deal had expired and he wasn’t satisfied with the next contract that Dallas was offering. He opted to sit out in hopes of the team deciding he was worth more. Two losses later (one of which I attended) and Jerry caved.

At no point was he under contract during those two games he missed. That’s common knowledge to most of the Cowboys fans that were around during the early 90s.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yawn. This was predictable. The new village idiot. Plenty of talent on the team. They should plan as if he will not be on the team.

GMO415

Reaction score
crash and burn huh Jerry
crash-and-burn-top-gun.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
As a fan I hate it.

As a player I have to do it.

Yes you can talk about honoring your contract and you would be right but this is the only leverage he has. The Cowboys could tie him up for years with tags at a position with a limited life span.

Melvin Gordon, Michael Thomas and Zeke are sending an NBA like shot over the Owners bow, trying to get some control over their careers.

I’m amused by the “yawns” and “meh’s“ who don’t think this is a big deal. He might just hold out preseason or dig in but this isn’t a one off. This is a concerted power play by players and Leveon Bell proved you can force the team’s hand.

Like it or not this could be the beginning of a new way of doing business as players.

What hand did Bell force?

The Steelers didn’t budge, Bell lost out on like 14MM for a year that he’ll never get back and the Steelers found a competent TB that costs them squat.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Isn’t it pretty commonplace for bigger name guys to arrive on their own there? I know that used to be the case but haven’t paid attention in recent years.

Sydla

Reaction score
But wait. I am hearing that anyone can run behind this OL. Where have I heard that before? History repeats itself when the forum speaks.

You need more than three TBs in camp. Injuries, one or two just suck, etc.

If Elliott holds out, the Cowboys will have to get some vets in here.

Sydla

Reaction score
No you say some of the most silliest stuff. A hold out doesn’t necessarily mean during the regular season. And I also said, but I guess you didn’t or can’t read, that I fully expect a deal to be made. But I expect posters like yourself who always are negative Nancy’s to attack me because I out your types.

But a hold out could mean missing some regular season games. Bell just did it or did you miss that little fact?

If Elliott is a no show, the team would be stupid to assume he’ll come back at some point to start the season. Simple risk management points to them bringing in a vet or two as insurance in case Elliott digs in.

The fact this basic concept escapes you isn’t surprising.

Swanny

Reaction score
Better pay him or be prepared to Le'veon Bell his butt and he can sit for the year. It will really hurt us. I hope it isn't so.
It hurts the players more. Bell lost out on millions. The cowboys will still be printing money regardless of what Zeke does

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Some people just don't have a sense of humor anymore. Sucks to be you. :(

Here...have a meme..

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSqbd8gkDZz1B0YxiL6vlWdZGjnhQ3yFxgAF6mYKhd3X7BZVev
I've got an amazing sense of humor... You have a weird obsession with any player from Boise State...