Ellis Trade Destination?

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
If we were going to trade Ellis and it wasn't for picks, what about Anthony Weaver from the Ravens? 6'3", 290, 3-4 experience at tackle and end and they're going to a 4-3 so they could use Ellis. I think Weaver's due to be an UFA soon though.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
DLK150 said:
If we were going to trade Ellis and it wasn't for picks, what about Anthony Weaver from the Ravens? 6'3", 290, 3-4 experience at tackle and end and they're going to a 4-3 so they could use Ellis. I think Weaver's due to be an UFA soon though.

He has the same size as Ratliff. I think we trade for a position that can start. ROT, FS, WR, FB, ILB. I wouldn't trade a starter for someone who is going to come in and be 2nd string.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
So this explains why Alge Crumpler didn't make the pro bowl. I'm not a Vick fan, but Price is garbage...
Vick with all his running around has trouble following Receivers down field the TE with the shorter routes will always be his best target no matter what WR he has. Giving Mexico a great WR is like putting headlights on the tail end of a car. Its useless.

Vick has a cannon for a arm but like I said he doesn't have the ability to follow his receivers why I don't have a clue. If he could he would be a great QB but right now I'd say he's in the lower half of qb's because his legs can only carry him so far so long.

Skeptic

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
and Ty Law, Pioli are on their way here too right Nors? How long have those moves been in "the works?"

:rolleyes:

David

I'm right there with ya Nors.

I'm calling Pioli in the next 2-3 years, particularly if Jerry checks out sooner than we expect.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ellis wants out.

You don't know squat about Price's ability. He had a monster season with Bledsoe and has great YAC and big play ability.

I never was pushing Pioli here much atall if ever. No way JJ gives up that power. But keep breaking the forum rules to attack me with off topic BS.

Ellis is on the outs with Parcells and is not being a team player here - CLEARLY. This 3-4 move is under some people's skins.....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Ellis isn't going anywhere this year.

Miki - I'd have agreed with you a week ago on Ellis. Glover is the consumate Pro and will be an asset in both schemes. Ellis has wanted out for awhile and has been on block for months. His tantrum was to call Cowboys and force the trade.

Ellis would have had a role here - but he's being a dumb ***. Good bye Ellis!
Spears/Canty are better day 1 anyway - maybe Ellis fears competition! lol

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Skeptic said:

I'm calling Pioli in the next 2-3 years, particularly if Jerry checks out sooner than we expect.
Pioli would be a great move, but he resigned extension with Pats. Nothing to do with this thread but thats the pattern of David. Avoid the real discussion.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
HUH?

Price wouldnt play ahead of either Key or Glenn here...so you basically are trading a starting calibar DE for a guy who MIGHT at best be the 3rd WR here...

yeah, thats the way you build a winner...trade solid starters for losers

:rolleyes:

David

Your solid starter wants out. Said "what is my role" and is putting himself ahead of the team. He doesn't fit our Defense long term. I'll take what I can get. #3 receivers see a lot of reps..... And Key/Glenn are getting old and injuries happen.

Spears, Canty, Ratliff, Coleman, Ellis and our 3-4 DE options are PLENTIFULL!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Nors said:
Atlanta for Peerless Price!
If that happens I am banning you for a really crappy idea that took hold:)

Peerless has proven he isn't a number 1 WR and may not even be a decent #2. Greg Ellis will be fine when the pads come on like he always is.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:

A guy that hasn't played it, a guy with a bum knee and eye, a 7th round draft pick, a bum named "Strong Dog" and Ellis. There are plenty of options....are they good options?

I want these rooks to show me something before I declare them as better than any of the vets. We could have the next Carver or Ekuban on our hands.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
What Ever. If he had a Decent QB who could throw the ball he would be having good seasons. I'd take this trade I a heart beat.

I hate Vick as much as anyone, but Price drops a ton of balls and is a major cancer...that has nothing to do with who plays QB

the guys been a monumental bust

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Skeptic said:

uh memo to you guys...Pioli just signed a long term contract extension to stay in New England

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:
Your solid starter wants out. Said "what is my role" and is putting himself ahead of the team. He doesn't fit our Defense long term. I'll take what I can get. #3 receivers see a lot of reps..... And Key/Glenn are getting old and injuries happen.

you dont know that he wants out, nor do you know what he said to Parcells

if the 3-4 looks like garbage in preseason, you can bet it wont be the base defense

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
junk said:
A guy that hasn't played it, a guy with a bum knee and eye, a 7th round draft pick, a bum named "Strong Dog" and Ellis. There are plenty of options....are they good options?

I want these rooks to show me something before I declare them as better than any of the vets. We could have the next Carver or Ekuban on our hands.

bravo...bravo

someone with somse sense

David

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Price has little to no value. Not productive and very overpaid.
Ellis has good value as a very good 4-3 end with a very reasonable salary.
Here a couple of scenarios I wouldn't mind seeing
Greg Ellis to Kansas City for Greg Wesley would be a good deal and makes sense for both teams

Greg Ellis to Cincinnati for Kelly Washington

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
Greg Ellis to Kansas City for Greg Wesley would be a good deal and makes sense for both teams

Greg Ellis to Cincinnati for Kelly Washington

for either of those to pan out, the other team better be sending us a 1st day draft draft pick as well...Ellis is way better than either of those two guys

David

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Nors said:
Ellis wants out.

Actually ellis is quoted as saying, "Do I want to be? Yes. I want to be in Dallas, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did something with me at the end of the season because I don't think Bill liked the way I came to him."

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
Actually ellis is quoted as saying, "Do I want to be? Yes. I want to be in Dallas, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did something with me at the end of the season because I don't think Bill liked the way I came to him."

It doesnt do any good to point out facts to Nors...

David

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
junk said:

Amen. We're pencilling in these guys as good starters, better than established vets we have, before they've even had one practice in pads yet.

I'm as high as anyone on guys like Ratliff, but it's just not realistic to believe that every late round pick will become a frontline starter.