Emmitt: Fat Meat Isn't Greasy?

JPostSam

Reaction score
dooomsday;1749064 said:
Smithisms:

"The pitcher still have to throw the curve ball. Tom Brady still have to make the catches."

"These are the two guys that's gonna take a lot of pressure off of Jason . . . Jay . . . off of the quarterback, Jason."

"It's Tank Williams, *****!"

"Reggie Bush should be touching the ball five to ten times per game." (Followed by:) "Reggie Bush is a significant threat."

"Wade Wilson is doing a great job as the coach of the Cowboys"

"It's four week now, we're in week four."

"Tedy Bruschi has anchored the middle for his 12 years in New England"

"...the Pats are a better all around golf club"

"The Dallas Cowboys are not far behind, they are a distant third, they're close but they're not quite there yet."

"They have a little bit more work to do -- a lot more work to do."

"If you want to stay perfect, you cannot go undefeated with a blemish on your record."

"It's gonna be a long fall -- a quick fall."

"The Patriots sent a strong message to both divisions."

"You will get blowed out. And if you get blowed out, it is your fault."

"Donald Driver needs to "rightsize" the ship tonight"

:lmao:

emmitt smith:

vision -- great

power -- great

heart -- great

hands -- great

mouth -- stoopid

you can't be great at everything!

dooomsday

Reaction score
vta;1749073 said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Are these for real?
Are they out of context?

Just reading them like this is killing me.

Yeah, here is some from an article in the Star Telegram. Couple new ones too. ----

And as an ESPN football analyst, Smith is conspicuously inept. No, to call him inept insults inept people: He's woefully incompetent. But here's the important question: What does his presence say about the network that put him there?

As one of the analysts on NFL Countdown, Smith babbles, bumbles and stutters while generally insulting the language. He sometimes fumbles his facts and frequently seems unprepared. He can't even get a cliché right.

About Green Bay's Donald Driver, Smith said: "Tonight he's looking to get back to paydirt so he can right size the ship right now."

About the Cowboys' quarterback, Smith said: "Tony Romo has the mentality to have the sense to make the play."

When asked to summarize his thoughts in two words, he once said, "Cowboys lose big-time."

And about this season's grand possibilities, Smith said, "If you want to stay perfect, you can not go undefeated with a blemish on your record."

-----

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So is this like a leopard changing its spots, or does this seemingly absurd saying really mean something?

Maybe we should ask jem88 what Holt meant.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1749009 said:
Eh, I've had enough of the Emmitt bashing, but that was one of the worst national anthems I've ever heard. I wish they'd just drop the whole "sing the anthem pregame" tradition.

Thank goodness ESPN gave us something else to listen to.
I think he's getting a lot better. But I had no idea what this meant, so I had to post it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt;1749086 said:
I think he's getting a lot better. But I had no idea what this meant, so I had to post it.

I'm waiting for sacase to explain it! He seems to "have all the brains" around here...

:rolleyes: :cool:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
5Stars;1749043 said:
OK! I have less than half a brain...you want to splain it to all of us imbiciles?

:confused:

I had to look it up, but apparently, someone who "don't believe fat meat is greasy" is someone who has to "learn something the hard way."

So basically, Emmitt is saying he's going to ignore the trend (home teams losing) and pick against it... and maybe he'll learn the hard way and be wrong, but he's going to do it anyway.

Urban Dicationary:
1. fat meat is greasy

This phrase is most commonly used when somebody has to find out the difference the hard way about something. Like saying, "You don't believe fat meat is greasy" as in "You gonna just have to find out the hard way."

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yogi%20Berra%20at%20Home.jpg

Well said, Emmitt. Youze and me are like two beans in a pod.

dooomsday

Reaction score
Danny White;1749089 said:
I had to look it up, but apparently, someone who "don't believe fat meat is greasy" is someone who has to "learn something the hard way."

So basically, Emmitt is saying he's going to ignore the trend (home teams losing) and pick against it... and maybe he'll learn the hard way and be wrong, but he's going to do it anyway.

LOL! Just makes it dumber. It takes a 1/2 brain alright. Cause anyone w. a full brain would know its a dumb comment.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
ESPN must not watch tape because we all knew Emmitt suked last year on NFLN.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Young took the words right out of most of our mouths. No one knows what the heck Emmitt is talking about half the time. When hes not killing or forgetting player's names he is rambling incoherently, ESPN needs to put an end to his tenure with the station.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Danny White;1749089 said:

Urban Dicationary:

Oh, OK...well, Steve Young is an Attorney and he did not know what the hell it meant! :laugh2: I guess he has less than half a brain too?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doomsday;1749103 said:
Young took the words right out of most of our mouths. No one knows what the heck Emmitt is talking about half the time. ESPN needs to put an end to his tenure with the station.

Actually, that whole crew sucks! But, Emmitt is embarassing to watch because he's a good guy, just sort of ignorant in some special way...

:laugh2:

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Doomsday;1749103 said:
Young took the words right out of most of our mouths. No one knows what the heck Emmitt is talking about half the time. ESPN needs to put an end to his tenure with the station.

Agree110%..I love Emmitt, but the guy has to go..

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
5Stars;1749105 said:
Oh, OK...well, Steve Young is an Attorney and he did not know what the hell it meant! :laugh2: I guess he has less than half a brain too?

Like I said, I had to look it up, and I'm a genius! :p:

malbis030347

Reaction score
you are right on..and to add insult to injury Emmitt botched 2 other names on the pre-game--Adrian Murrell when he meant Adrian Peterson and Byron Billick when he meant Brian Billick

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Danny White;1749158 said:
Like I said, I had to look it up, and I'm a genius! :p:

I've noticed that Danny White...you are a pretty fart smeller, I'll say!!

:D

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
dooomsday;1749095 said:
LOL! Just makes it dumber. It takes a 1/2 brain alright. Cause anyone w. a full brain would know its a dumb comment.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This post is hands down the funniest I've seen on this site.
From Emmitt's own words to the reply's.

I love Emmitt, a great Cowboy, but how can you not laugh at this?
I'm sitting at work laughing my *** off, reading these quotes. He's adding fodder to that list you see every year that quotes Theismann, Berra, etc.

Friggin priceless.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To hoom it mae cunsern,

I waunt to apply for the
job what I saw in the paper. I can Type real quik wit one finggar and do sum a counting.

I think I am good on the phone and no I am a pepole person, Pepole really seam to respond to me well. Certain men and all the ladies.

Im lookin for a Jobb as a reporter but it musent be to complicaited.

I no my spelling is not to good but find that I Offen can get a job thru my persinalety. My salerery is open so we can discus wat you want to pay me and wat you think that I am werth,

I can start imeditely. Thank you in advanse fore yore anser.

hopifuly Yore best aplicant so farr.

Sin seerly,

Emitt Smif

:eek:

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
5Stars;1749230 said:
To hoom it mae cunsern,

I waunt to apply for thejob what I saw in the paper. I can Type real quik wit one finggar and do sum a counting.

I think I am good on the phone and no I am a pepole person, Pepole really seam to respond to me well. Certain men and all the ladies.

Im lookin for a Jobb as a reporter but it musent be to complicaited.

I no my spelling is not to good but find that I Offen can get a job thru my persinalety. My salerery is open so we can discus wat you want to pay me and wat you think that I am werth,

I can start imeditely. Thank you in advanse fore yore anser.

hopifuly Yore best aplicant so farr.

Sin seerly,

Emitt Smif

:eek:

:bow: :lmao: :bow: