Emmitt Smith never tapped out

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This is what championship players and teams are all about. Week 17 of the 93 season with the NFC East title on the line. Heart and desire personified Emmitt Smith and our 90s team. Certainly didn’t see any of that this past Sunday.

Aikman and Buck actually talked about why Elliot wasnt in the game. But of course im sure some just put the tc on mute. Elliot took a big hit by 2 guys on his play before coming it which a player landing on him and the back of his head hitting the ground hard from the result of the 2nd player involved with the hit too. They even panned over to the sideline before the pollard fumble play and Elliot was ready to go back in. Aikman actually commented to this too.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I have said it so many times....all the tap outs. What the hell? Game is on the line...best players should be in there.

Cooper was on the sidelines on the 4th down play against the Eagles. On several third down plays Lawrence was on the bench. Zeke out when we are trying to catch up and Pollard fumbles. Witten in on 3rd and long passing plays. Honestly, it's disgusting. From a player heart standpoint and a coaching intelligence standpoint.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aikman and Buck actually talked about why Elliot wasnt in the game. But of course im sure some just put the tc on mute. Elliot took a big hit by 2 guys on his play before coming it which a player landing on him and the back of his head hitting the ground hard from the result of the 2nd player involved with the hit too. They even panned over to the sideline before the pollard fumble play and Elliot was ready to go back in. Aikman actually commented to this too.

Every time Zeke makes a decent run he always signals to the sidelines to come out. He only missed two plays so he couldn’t have been that hurt. One of the most critical plays of the game 3rd and 1 and he’s on the sidelines. Just another player who hasn’t lived up to their contract this season.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Emmitt got paid in 93 after holding out the first two games and still rushed for almost 1500 yards that season. Everyone we paid this offseason hasn’t lived up to their contract except for Collins. DLaw our $100M man has the same number of sacks this season as a player we cut.

Look at the DEs who got the big contracts this offseason

Frank Clark 35 tackles 7 sacks 1int 3 ff 1fr 11 TFL 11QB hits
Demarcus Lawrence 45 tackles 5 sacks 2ff 2fr 10TFL 16 QB hits
Jadaveon Clowney 30 tackles 3 sacks 4ff 2fr 6TFL 13 QB hits

Is the problem the players getting paid what the market is dictating? Or the the market itself? There more money to be made now then there ever has. And its only going up.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Every time Zeke makes a decent run he always signals to the sidelines to come out. He only missed two plays so he couldn’t have been that hurt. One of the most critical plays of the game 3rd and 1 and he’s on the sidelines. Just another player who hasn’t lived up to their contract this season.

Has elliot been given a chance to live up to it? Or were the coaches too busy trying to force the pass? Jimmy Johnson said something last yr that makes sense that some fans will never understand. He said coordinators are always trying to prove they can be HCs. The good ones will win playing within the system, then there are others who will stubbornly try to win their own way.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Look at the DEs who got the big contracts this offseason

Frank Clark 35 tackles 7 sacks 1int 3 ff 1fr 11 TFL 11QB hits
Demarcus Lawrence 45 tackles 5 sacks 2ff 2fr 10TFL 16 QB hits
Jadaveon Clowney 30 tackles 3 sacks 4ff 2fr 6TFL 13 QB hits

Is the problem the players getting paid what the market is dictating? Or the the market itself? There more money to be made now then there ever has. And its only going up.

DLaw got the biggest contract of all of them and he’s getting paid to get sacks. His position is based on getting the QB on the ground. He’s done virtually nothing the last few games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Has elliot been given a chance to live up to it? Or were the coaches too busy trying to force the pass? Jimmy Johnson said something last yr that makes sense that some fans will never understand. He said coordinators are always trying to prove they can be HCs. The good ones will win playing within the system, then there are others who will stubbornly try to win their own way.

We’ve tried forcing the run at times this season and it was like running into a brick wall. Zeke has little burst and can’t seem to make anyone miss in space. He simply lowers his head and tries to run over people. There’s a reason he doesn’t get any long runs anymore.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ertz came back in with a broken rib on Sunday. Despite a depleted team Philly continued to fight. I’ve been following the Cowboys for a very long time and have never seen a Cowboys team play so uninspired with the division title on the line. They looked like a completely different team than the one we saw just a week earlier against the Rams.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
DLaw got the biggest contract of all of them and he’s getting paid to get sacks. His position is based on getting the QB on the ground. He’s done virtually nothing the last few games.

lol lawrence literally only got 300k more than frank clark.

Do you know the structure of Lawrence contract? Or are you basing all this BS thinking Lawrence deal is 104mil?

Do you know that he will probably be on the team maybe 2 more yrs if he doesnt restructure that lowers his cap by almost half? Every deal this team made this season was a great deal for the team.

Elliot is still on his rookie deal this yr and next making money he would've made anyways but the team converted it to guaranteed money to make him happy. So what this means is Dallas is still getting 2 more discounted yrs of Elliot with an extension. But will probably be cut or forced to restructure in 3 yrs. Which again either clears him off the books with very little dead money or lowers the cap dramatically. Jaylon is already making 2mil per yr under the market value that Shaq Thompson established for Lbers.

This team is smarter then you so dont think otherwise. Theyre managing the cap just fine. Theyre gonna have a new coach come into a perfect situation. talented core starters in place, young starters at that and a ton of cap room.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
We’ve tried forcing the run at times this season and it was like running into a brick wall. Zeke has little burst and can’t seem to make anyone miss in space. He simply lowers his head and tries to run over people. There’s a reason he doesn’t get any long runs anymore.
Do you even bother to watch plays? Do you think forcing the run from shotgun with no Fb and a OL blocking in a zone scheme is going to be successful? Do you even know what that means?

This imaginary vision fans have that Elliot has been this home run hitting RB is laughable. The guy had 4 big runs his rookie yr. What he's had his entire career is what he does now. Alot of 6-10 yrd runs. The most in the nfl since he entered the league. You guys need to stop listening to skip. It kills any point youre trying to make.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I have to admit, that bothered me more than this flap about Amari Cooper not being on the field.

They said Elliott was out because he was "tired".

CWR

Reaction score
Physically, Cooper is better than Irvin ever was. But I'd go to Irvin every time when I needed a big play.

Yeah and I dont want to pile it on Coop too much. Hes a fantastic player and I think hes a good presence on any team. Irvin was special though. Just like with Emmitt you cant measure heart. There are no analytics that accurately reflect the fight in the fighter. Those guys were animals and the type that could will their teams to victory.

CWR

Reaction score
Zeke needs a blow every few carries. He’s always looking at the sidelines. Gives the surrender signal and comes out. Cooper didn’t even look tired just didn’t want to play anymore.

Its kind of a direct contradiction to the whole feed me schtick. I know he gets a ton of work. I just hate the times we/he chooses to be on the sidelines. It seems we never get Pollard involved when Zeke is struggling, instead we wait until Zeke has momentum and then sit him. We have no feel for the game.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Players today are multi-million dollar "investments" so teams baby them - notice how many NBA players get games off to "rest" or innings limits on pitchers in MLB.

I remember when your 4 d-linemen never came off the field but now we have rotations - same with the WRs. Not saying I like it, just how it is now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lol lawrence literally only got 300k more than frank clark.

Do you know the structure of Lawrence contract? Or are you basing all this BS thinking Lawrence deal is 104mil?

Who cares that he only got 300K more than Frank Clark his contract made in the highest paid player in franchise history. Do you think 5 sacks is living up to that contract? If all we get from DLaw the rest of his career is what we got this season will you be satisfied with that?