Emmitt Smith never tapped out

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Ronnie Lott once cut off the end of his little finger and had the staff tape it up to finish a game. Different times now.

Darren Woodson once played a game with one arm and the other in a full case hanging by his right side... its true, I seen it. times have changed. Or? This team has just checked out....:)

Meh, i'm "old School"...Millennial kids are entitled..

superonyx

Reaction score
Zeke needs a blow every few carries. He’s always looking at the sidelines. Gives the surrender signal and comes out. Cooper didn’t even look tired just didn’t want to play anymore.
Do you not know that the coaches took Cooper out? Or do people just want this to be the narrative even after being proven wrong?
I think I already know the answer.

superonyx

Reaction score
Aikman and Buck actually talked about why Elliot wasnt in the game. But of course im sure some just put the tc on mute. Elliot took a big hit by 2 guys on his play before coming it which a player landing on him and the back of his head hitting the ground hard from the result of the 2nd player involved with the hit too. They even panned over to the sideline before the pollard fumble play and Elliot was ready to go back in. Aikman actually commented to this too.
These D bags don't care. To them Elliott is just a piece of meat put on earth for their entertainment.
These D bags already know he was injured. If he didnt take himself out and he would have fumbled the next carry then the D bags would be saying he is a selfish player that only cares about stats.

Then you have the angry old men who want to pretend their were so tough and anyone born after them are somehow weak and lazy.

Unfortunately Cowboys fans and most fans don't know how to handle their emotions and need as many people to spit their venom on because we lost.

Swanny

Reaction score
Aikman said it himself: It’s all about stats and contracts now. No player cares about championships or pushing their limits nowadays. This is a league wide problem, but it’s a VERY huge problem with the Cowboys.
It's only a problem in a fans eyes. It's not a problem to players or the owners. They are making more money than ever the NFL will continue to be like this forever.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke was apparently so hurt after getting tackled he went to the sideline and received no medical attention. Nothing but an excuse for a $15 million man sitting on the bench.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He didn't play for Garrett! That's why.
3kegjx.gif

aria

Reaction score
Congrats to everyone that supported the 90 million dollar contract for a mouth breathing tap out purse carrying diva. Don’t worry, only a few more off seasons, mediocre games and we should be good.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
This is what championship players and teams are all about. Week 17 of the 93 season with the NFC East title on the line. Heart and desire personified Emmitt Smith and our 90s team. Certainly didn’t see any of that this past Sunday.

Why he is the best.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Thank you! Zeke taps out every other run.. get off the field and don’t come back then. These players we have are entitled snobs..

There’s no dogs on our team... its hard to root for this team.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Who cares that he only got 300K more than Frank Clark his contract made in the highest paid player in franchise history. Do you think 5 sacks is living up to that contract? If all we get from DLaw the rest of his career is what we got this season will you be satisfied with that?

Its what the market value is. Why do you worry about the money? Are you paying it? It doesnt matter if hes making 20 bucks or 100mil. it shouldnt matter to you. Is it keeping them from signing anybody? are they paying 100mil in 2020?

Demarcus Lawrence is a SDE his first priority is to support the run then attack the QB. Which is why you see Quinn picking up them sacks because he's beating single blocking, Lawrence gets the double team from either a G, TE, or a RB.

If Lawrence comes back next yr with a competent scheme what will you complaint be? Still his money?

Lawrence is one of the best run defending DEs in the NFL. He is is near the top in QB pressures. If you knew what you were talking about you would realize teams play the Cowboys a specific way, and thats to get the ball out fast on quick slants and screens. This reducing the impact of a passrush. This is why Quinn gives up so many screens because he's pinning his ears back and going after the QB. As much as ou like to post about people being wrong you dont seem to know much about how the team is COACHED to play.

khiladi

Reaction score
Emmitt is literally one of the greatest RBs of ALL time. An actual legend and this performance was one of his all time great performances...

This type of comparison to Zeke is just asinine.

Hell Earl Campbell said if he knew then when he knows now, he would have ran like he did. You are not caring for these guys when the careers are done and the lights are off.

fredp22

Reaction score
There was a player that tried tapping out when Parcells was coach (Julius Jones?) and Parcells refused to let him come out. When asked said something like "he has to learn how to be a football player"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Do you not know that the coaches took Cooper out? Or do people just want this to be the narrative even after being proven wrong?
I think I already know the answer.

Did you see Cooper complaining about being taken out? Had Michael Irvin been taken out of a game with the game on the line he would’ve been ranting and raving but Jimmy wouldn’t have been stupid enough to take him out. Cooper wasn’t taken out of the Jets game he took himself out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Its what the market value is. Why do you worry about the money? Are you paying it? It doesnt matter if hes making 20 bucks or 100mil. it shouldnt matter to you. Is it keeping them from signing anybody? are they paying 100mil in 2020?

It matters to me because I’m a fan who supports the team and he’s not living up to the contract he signed. If he had the year he’s having last season he wouldn’t have gotten paid. He would’ve been forced to play under the franchise tag or sit out the season.

Reactions: CWR

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I was one of the biggest supporters of Zeke during the holdout but c'mon. He does take himself out of games and it bothers me. You want to be paid like the best then you should act like the best. Emmitt was the best.

Reactions: CWR

JonesBoys

Reaction score
This is what championship players and teams are all about. Week 17 of the 93 season with the NFC East title on the line. Heart and desire personified Emmitt Smith and our 90s team. Certainly didn’t see any of that this past Sunday.

This was the time of Jimmy Johnson’s culture. We have been living through the Jerry Jones culture for a long time now. Jerry is all about “brand” and money and if wins happen then great but that isn’t the priority. Because if it was Jerry would have hired real football people to run the football operations. We are just simply screwed until the old man drops unfortunately.