Emmitt Smith never tapped out

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve been following the Cowboys for decades, ever since the early 70s and witnessed all 5 of their championships and the 2019 team is without question the most heartless, uninspired, least motivated Cowboys team I’ve ever seen. Everything bad about this team was on full display last Sunday in Philly against a depleted Eagles team. The Cowboys showed absolutely no desire to win despite the fact they could have clinched the division title. There was no sense of urgency or intensity.

It was almost like they were just mailing in the game looking forward to the offseason. I feel sorry for you younger fans who weren’t around for the 70s and 90s. Emmitt Smith was a warrior who wanted to be great as did the Cowboys teams he played for. The money has gotten so big these days that some players just play for huge contract extensions. Once they get paid they just shut it down. They’re motivated by second contracts not championships.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Uh oh, here comes the guys masking their hate if Zeke’s character in light of football play, from their pulpit of self-righteousness as if the rest of the NFL is a bunch of choirboys and Instagram chicks are not always trying to get in the pants of NFL players and plenty of players have multiple kids out of wedlock.

At least stop pretending that it’s football related..
Lol yup. That whole investigation of Zeke was comedy so people trying to act like hes guilty because if there's smoke theres fire is full of it

Brooksey

Reaction score
Funny thing is Zeke's go to celebration is "feed me", then he always needs a blow in the red zone, lmao

What a clown..he doesn't have half the heart of E. Smith

GINeric

Reaction score
Where there’s smoke there’s fire. Are you going to justify and/or ignore the 2 nightclub incidents and the security guard? Get real dude. The loser is an entitled punk and I would love for him to mess with the wrong person which he may be stupid enough to do but he typically picks on women and people half his size.

If I were religious I would pray for the day he tries to bully me and it’s not too far fetched.
its ironic how that "where there's smoke, there's fire" bullcrap is conveniently dished out UNEQUALLY....

For instance.... Zeke got suspended 6 games for accusations made by a gold digging extorting ***** in which it was proven he NEVER beat according to the law...

But Giants kicker Josh Brown beat his wife multiple times and the cops were called to their home multiple times and he ACTUALLY GOT ARRESTED by the LAW..... but was only suspended 1 game.... yeah we both know why the league was lenient on the kicker. That's an age old reasoning in this country.

But what other nightclub incidents do you speak of??? Another accusation situation without physical or video proof??? Thats dead... then you mention the security guard thing where he walked up on the guy and the guy tripped over the gate???? Please....

Im anxious for you to explain how a guy who gets cleared by the law of not beating a woman gets a stiffer suspension worse than a guy who beat his woman multiple times...

I know why that happened but im anxious to hear YOUR spin job on this mystery.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire. Are you going to justify and/or ignore the 2 nightclub incidents and the security guard? Get real dude. The loser is an entitled punk and I would love for him to mess with the wrong person which he may be stupid enough to do but he typically picks on women and people half his size.

If I were religious I would pray for the day he tries to bully me and it’s not too far fetched.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’ve been following the Cowboys for decades, ever since the early 70s and witnessed all 5 of their championships and the 2019 team is without question the most heartless, uninspired, least motivated Cowboys team I’ve ever seen. Everything bad about this team was on full display last Sunday in Philly against a depleted Eagles team. The Cowboys showed absolutely no desire to win despite the fact they could have clinched the division title. There was no sense of urgency or intensity.

It was almost like they were just mailing in the game looking forward to the offseason. I feel sorry for you younger fans who weren’t around for the 70s and 90s. Emmitt Smith was a warrior who wanted to be great as did the Cowboys teams he played for. The money has gotten so big these days that some players just play for huge contract extensions. Once they get paid they just shut it down. They’re motivated by second contracts not championships.
Emmitt was special
Very durable and tough

glimmerman

Reaction score
Back then training camps were much different. The new CBA limits the amount of practices and the players aren’t in the same shape they used to be. The older days if you made it through camps then your tough as nails and had stamina.

Cmac

Reaction score
…...love me some #22.....but he held out and MISSED 2 games that the 'Boys lost. Again....Zeke the 2019 Fall Guy. The voting is closed.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Thank you! Zeke taps out every other run.. get off the field and don’t come back then. These players we have are entitled snobs..

There’s no dogs on our team... its hard to root for this team.

Got to agree they are talented and work a little to get paid then they use there best efforts to preserve and extend there careers . Very few care about a championship anymore . For most preserving there body and extending there careers an extra few yrs is far more beneficial than sacrificing your body to win a championship .

The Eagles right now are a perfect example of a bunch of less talented guys with a willingness to sacrifice there body in an attempt to get noticed and paid . The Pats employ this philosophy better than anyone thats why the can finish 1st draft low but still stay competitive . We scour the planet for all the entitled , self centered drug addicted ,injured , head case ,business decision makers . And wonder why after they get paid their performance falls off .

blueblood70

Reaction score
Somehow lazy and weak Elliott (even with the suspension) is only 416 yards behind Smith over the course of 4 seasons, subtract whatever he does on Sunday.

Also, note that he has 382 more receiving yards than Smith had (with more games).

He has averaged 20.9 carries per game to Smith's 20.4 and averages 4.2 more yards per game.
the OPs dont realize instead of being pulled for subs which all teams do , they allow EE to simply Tap out and its far from every few plays..

hes leader in carries since 2016 in the NFL, this year he was like 3rd , hes a 3 down back that blocks and goes out in routes almost all game.. the layer is allowed to tap out.. its so FN laughable that they act like hes hardly on the filed, every two plays he taps out OMFG.. the crybaby overreactors have zero ides.. there are teams out there that use THREE RBs in all kinds of sub packages and they dont have to tap out, they are pulled reguialrly..

Zeke carries the ball as much as any other back this year and still top 4 in yards and hes on the filed for more then when he carries..

hes not fat or out of shape, he plays every game and nearly every offensive snap even when banged up..he taps out knowing Pollard can handle the load and if you ask this site Pollard is allegedly better then zeke on the edge and in pass situations, some of those , ie the one he fumbled on was supposed to be his bread and butter, zekes being a team player coming out at time sand giving pollard a chance,... if he didnt the coaches would because all teams have sub packers and pull the RB1 a lot more then zeke pulls himself..

He got banged up pretty bad last game and limped back in to take the ball back pretty fast..huh must be soft..that game that pollard fumbled they showed him getting landed ion pretty hard and most likely lost his breath, came out one play its his fault pollard failed? the dudes not soft hes very tough hes never missed game due to injury and I promise hes been hurt but plays through it..

everyone wants more Pollard , hows that happen if zekes always on the field? Pollard was supposed to be the answer to replacing Zeke but Zeke cant come out a few times a game? lol

his new deal is making him a unnecessary target..ridiculous..

Flamma

Reaction score
People keep bringing up the cold shoulder day, go back and watch that championship game against the 49ers. The guy was used like a pack mule and came up huge late into the 3rd quarter. I don't remember him taking too many breaks. He touched the ball 31 times out of the 58 plays that were completed passes or run plays. I can say for sure if that is special or not. I just seem to remember him getting the ball all game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not a fan of Elliott's but I do not see his tapping out as a sign of weakness or not caring. He and Emmitt are entirely different RB's.

Elliott is all about the violence of the position and initiates contact consistently and in order to do that he has to go 100% full speed to attempt to drive through the tacklers. He tries to create holes with his body and is known for getting 2 yards out of nothing. I think he only plays one way and if he feels he's not as effective and needs a recharge, I do not see taking himself out as a selfish act. I trust him to know when he needs a recharge.

Emmitt was a smart runner, which is why he was able to last long enough to get that rushing record. He realized when he had all he was going to get to get down so he could play another down. The only time he used his body as a weapon was on the goal line and even then he preferred to go over instead of through.

Man, Elliott tapping out is way down my complaint list about this team, there are others ahead of him on that list of a question of commitment.

blueblood70

Reaction score
odd Derick henry was the leader in carries this season at 303 and guess who second at 301

the mad tapper someone ended only 3 short of being the leader as hes has been since 2016...

the haters hate but are clueless on Zekes value to the team which IMO hes still the best player on offense and close all around on the team..

aria

Reaction score
its ironic how that "where there's smoke, there's fire" bullcrap is conveniently dished out UNEQUALLY....

For instance.... Zeke got suspended 6 games for accusations made by a gold digging extorting ***** in which it was proven he NEVER beat according to the law...

But Giants kicker Josh Brown beat his wife multiple times and the cops were called to their home multiple times and he ACTUALLY GOT ARRESTED by the LAW..... but was only suspended 1 game.... yeah we both know why the league was lenient on the kicker. That's an age old reasoning in this country.

But what other nightclub incidents do you speak of??? Another accusation situation without physical or video proof??? Thats dead... then you mention the security guard thing where he walked up on the guy and the guy tripped over the gate???? Please....

Im anxious for you to explain how a guy who gets cleared by the law of not beating a woman gets a stiffer suspension worse than a guy who beat his woman multiple times...

I know why that happened but im anxious to hear YOUR spin job on this mystery.
I have said several times that I think Zeke got screwed on the suspension but I also wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if there was some truth behind it.

What proof do you have that Josh Brown beat his wife multiple times? She had marks on her wrists from him grabbing it when she tried to call the police. Are you aware that the NFL didn’t have access to the police files where the charges were filed because the chief of police denied them? So you’re against false accusations but at the time he was suspended for one game, that’s exactly what he was suspended for. He was later suspended for 6 games once the league had access to more information but clearly you know none of this.

Lol, you really think Zeke didn’t hit the DJ in Dallas? Other than myself and a few other people here that know people who work closely with that club or are employees there have told us Zeke hit him, or the fact there were no arrests made, or the fact that there was mysteriously no security footage or the fact that no one saw anything in a crowded night club, or the fact that the DJ who was knocked out said he didn’t know who did it but had the where with all to lie to the police and give them false contact information or the fact that the DJ “disappeared” for months afterwards...yeah, Zeke didn’t do it :rolleyes:

Look up the Vegas DJ yourself, he was kicked out of a club and had to be restrained yet again.

He confronted a security guard and initiated physical contact, too bad he didn’t try that with someone his own size, it could have ended up a lot different.

Zeke is nothing but an entitled purse carrying, punk diva bully and I can’t wait until he screws with the wrong person and gets what’s coming to him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
odd Derick henry was the leader in carries this season at 303 and guess who second at 301

the mad tapper someone ended only 3 short of being the leader as hes has been since 2016...

the haters hate but are clueless on Zekes value to the team which IMO hes still the best player on offense and close all around on the team..
Yeah I’m tired of the Zeke hate myself.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Emmitt was one of the greatest, and even as much heart as that guy had, I still remember Parcells taking over and him or someone else made comments about Emmitt and others happily playing cards in the locker room after losses.

That's what I feel has come back. That entitled laid back culture. We need anyone who can change that and get the players on edge again like Jimmy and Bill were famous for.