Emmitt Smith taking a shot at Dak now

Kwyn

Reaction score
It really is something to watch fans of a certain player dismiss one of this franchises greatest players, a HOFer, NFL’s All time leading rusher who helped bring 3 SB to this franchis. He was a one tough sob who put on one of the greatest performances in the playoffs when he put this team on his back with a bum arm to win that game. Man, that’s sad.

You haters should go find a new team to root for maybe one that doesn’t have a rich history.
See post 59

Kwyn

Reaction score
Anyone who wants to put down one of our legends over a single player needs their head examined. You think my statement only applies to fanboys? Come for the legends who made this franchise relevant get ridiculed.
i was trying to point out the hypocrisy and double standards of some folks.

The posters who were applauding and supporting Emmitt for taking Dak to task are the same posters who are calling Woody a sellout and Jones buttkisser.

It’s ok for them to turn on a Cowboy legend on a dime because he doesn’t think like they do.

We’ve seen it with Troy also. They love him but then dog him out for being a Jerry shill if he compliments Dak.

Roger? Yep, even he’s not safe but they are very cautious on that one. I’ve seen that cadre of negative posters imply that Roger is just old and out of touch (god bless him) when he supports Dak.

But then everyone wants to talk about the good old days when players were different.

They talk out of both sides of their mouth.

It’s the fashion here at the zone to despise the everything about the team. It’s sad.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So "ignorant" or "hate" are bad words now? Y'all know English better than the Merriam-Webster dictionary? Sounds more like looking for anything to stretch in order to silence Dak or Jerry supporters. This place is turning out like the old official Cowboys Fan site.
Dak and Jerry are doing a superb job at silencing themselves with their inept performances.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
I watched an interview with moose Johnston today where he was talking about having aspirations of being a GM someday so they asked him about extending Dak and he said he wouldn't because of the contract and because of Dak history up to this point. The interviewers were quick to make excuses for Dak and blamed the defense but Daryl Johnston told them about last year and the year before we're our defense held up and gave Dak a chance in both games. His quote "Dak had the ball down 8 points in the last 2 minutes of the ball game and he couldn't drive the team down the field when it mattered most, maybe he's just not good enough"

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
BS.

The 90s SB Cowboys were loaded at every position with the best players in the NFL. Even their backups were good enough to be starters on any other team.
Larry Brown and Alvin Harper were role players at best and both were starters.

Besides Charles Haley, who on that defensive line belongs on the Hall of fame or even pro bowl?

Can't even name the linebackers.

Troy, Emmitt and Michael Irvin were the team.

plymkr

Reaction score
Keep it going old guard...keep it going
Exactly. The more the GOATs point it out the more real it is. Dak can’t handle the big moments, whether it’s preparation or whatever, he just can’t handle it.

This also is a shot at McCarthy as well. They both are chokers and can’t handle the big moments.

Zman5

Reaction score
It doesn't mean anything. He also did this with Romo after a disappointing loss. He also wanted to stick with Dak over Romo in 2016.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
It really is something to watch fans of a certain player dismiss one of this franchises greatest players, a HOFer, NFL’s All time leading rusher who helped bring 3 SB to this franchis. He was a one tough sob who put on one of the greatest performances in the playoffs when he put this team on his back with a bum arm to win that game. Man, that’s sad.

You haters should go find a new team to root for maybe one that doesn’t have a rich history.
Yeah. I think regardless of how you feel about Dak, Emmitt is untouchable. Last game of ‘93, winner take all in the division and home field advantage at stake. Emmitt played with a separated shoulder and practically willed us to a victory. Emmitt showed more heart, competitiveness, toughness than all the Cowboys teams in the last 20 years combined. He simply would not let us lose that game. In the Super Bowl of ‘93 he put the team on his back and we rode him to a repeat.

Attacking Emmitt is attacking the Cowboys’ legacy. Taking shots at Emmitt to validate any Cowboys coach or player since 2000 is heresy. If anyone believes Dak is a good player that’s cool, I respect your opinion, but don’t attack Emmitt or what he did for this franchise.

plymkr

Reaction score
i was trying to point out the hypocrisy and double standards of some folks.

The posters who were applauding and supporting Emmitt for taking Dak to task are the same posters who are calling Woody a sellout and Jones buttkisser.

It’s ok for them to turn on a Cowboy legend on a dime because he doesn’t think like they do.

We’ve seen it with Troy also. They love him but then dog him out for being a Jerry shill if he compliments Dak.

Roger? Yep, even he’s not safe but they are very cautious on that one. I’ve seen that cadre of negative posters imply that Roger is just old and out of touch (god bless him) when he supports Dak.

But then everyone wants to talk about the good old days when players were different.

They talk out of both sides of their mouth.

It’s the fashion here at the zone to despise the everything about the team. It’s sad.
This kind of feeds into my point. I do not agree with Woodson’s take on Dak but in no way shape or form should Woodson be attacked for his take. I don’t agree with it but in my mind Woodson is another untouchable. What Woodson did for this franchise makes him immune to attacks because he has a different opinion than some fans. I feel the guys that gave us 3 Super Bowls in 4 years get to say their opinions with immunity from fan backlash. JMO.