End the Mike White experiment *merged*

Rayman70

Reaction score
I learned we may well have the best Tightend corp and LB corp in Football. Just imagine what they can do. Now if the coaching can measure up, we will be going places.

Carson

Reaction score

“Things have not gone well for No. 3 quarterback Mike White. In three series, he has been sacked three times, lost a fumble and directed the offense to just 7 yards. The protection has broken down more but the only change on the offensive line from what Cooper Rush had is Mitch Hyatt at left tackle.”

For those claiming White played with an entirely different offensive line. One guy ... whom I admit was awful. But still

Ken

Reaction score
He’s just not a NFL QB.

The front office should go out and try to find a vet QB and a kicker to push Maher this week.
This is a qb evaluation that I can agree with you on...lol

I am amazed at how bad White is..

nobody

Reaction score

“Things have not gone well for No. 3 quarterback Mike White. In three series, he has been sacked three times, lost a fumble and directed the offense to just 7 yards. The protection has broken down more but the only change on the offensive line from what Cooper Rush had is Mitch Hyatt at left tackle.”

For those claiming White played with an entirely different offensive line. One guy ... whom I admit was awful. But still

One guy can make all of the difference. Ask Dak about that from the Falcons game in 2017. It's crazy, but one lineman change to a sub-par lineman can totally wreck protection.

Carson

Reaction score
One guy can make all of the difference. Ask Dak about that from the Falcons game in 2017. It's crazy, but one lineman change to a sub-par lineman can totally wreck protection.

That’s very true DeathMonkey.

Was more so, that people saying if he plays with the 2s he would be so much better. Just don’t see it.

But I’m also not a QB coach in the NFL lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no way, they can justify keeping him on the 53.

After an entire season in the nfl, that’s how you perform against 3rd and 4th stringers???
Of course he had 3rd and 4th stringers blocking for him, but he handled things very poorly. Slow to make decisions and panicked under pressure.

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
I can’t even justify a practice squad spot for him.

As I said in the game thread, when I did a prelim 53 man roster a few months ago, people actually argued White would be QB2 over Rush.

I have no clue what those people saw in White and tonight proved again just how inept a QB he is.
The incredible thing is there were people on this board that argued after he was drafted that he was a steal in the 5th round. Some even went as far as saying he should start over Dak because he had a gun for an arm. :facepalm:

_sturt_

Reaction score
So, just scanning some posts, it appears the Paranoia Mob is in full force.

I'm with those who subscribe to the mantra that the first game is your baseline. Don't take it to be all that meaningful. It's that second game that serves you well in making a legitimate assessment.

And. We don't need any other kickers in camp, but Maher does have to know 75% on FGs from 40 and under means we'll be looking for someone else after cut day.

JustChip

Reaction score
Of course he had 3rd and 4th stringers blocking for him, but he handled things very poorly. Slow to make decisions and panicked under pressure.
And that’s been the reports coming from practice, too.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He’s just not a NFL QB.

The front office should go out and try to find a vet QB and a kicker to push Maher this week.
Exactly what I said in the game thread last night. This is done for white. It’s a 3rd stringer so I wasn’t expecting much, but I was expecting improvement. Not there.

And Maher. Lol. If they don’t bring in someone then they are setting up for a heartbreaking loss or two this year. Our team will have a lot of tight games and could be decided by a fg.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
the only thing that's exciting about him is the name "White" If you can beat scrubs you need to find something else to put effort in. You only get one life and this is not where he belongs. Best of luck to you young man.:thumbup:Kinda like Jason's time is broadcasting. "Yeah, It's a nope from me.

garyv

Reaction score
He’s just not a NFL QB.

I'm in agreement in honesty i would get rid of Rush and White and sign a veteran QB to backup Dak. Even though Maher made 3 of 4 FG attempts, his kicks inside 40 yards are shakey and sometimes barely make it. I would look for a veteran kicker thats very accurate from within 45 yards now you maybe giving up the 60 yard leg but with our offense this year i truly expect many many many more kicking opportunities from within 45 yards those WE HAVE TO MAKE

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'm in agreement in honesty i would get rid of Rush and White and sign a veteran QB to backup Dak. Even though Maher made 3 of 4 FG attempts, his kicks inside 40 yards are shakey and sometimes barely make it. I would look for a veteran kicker thats very accurate from within 45 yards now you maybe giving up the 60 yard leg but with our offense this year i truly expect many many many more kicking opportunities from within 45 yards those WE HAVE TO MAKE

Agree.

Some of us argued for a vet QB back in March. Dallas command seemed unconcerned about the problem.

If Dak is lost for the season, the season will be too. Like 2015.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We will see a lot more of him. We will likely start him for a game and let him roll with it. But tonight had better be a off night for him because I saw no improvement.

blueblood70

Reaction score
agreed they are playing with fire anyway cut white, rush looks like a 3 not backup , we need any vet to actually have some skills enough to run the offense..

who is available? I guess sit best to wait until after game 2 correct bring in vets and find one that sticks that you dont have to guarantee any money too..

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think $$$ has to be the reason our backup QBs are a mess.

Dallas is cheap.

So they gamble on Dak NOT getting hurt.

And they save some cash.