Eric Berry visits Tuesday

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He tore his Achilles. I know that.

We seem to be looking for those types this year. Somebody tell Kevin Smith to make a comeback.

Smith tore his achilles in 1995 but came back okay from that. It was back issues that ended his career.

Of course, the fact we're discussing the Cowboys secondary of the late 1990's pretty much sums up the current safety situation, doesn't it?

JBond

Reaction score
Absolute waste of time and resources. He requires surgery and refuses to get it. He refused to play last year and bone spurs rubbing against the achilles do not heal themselves. I live in KC and listened to the day-to-day drama all season. He played less than 5 games the last two years combined.

Regarding KC, and this deserves a separate thread, but would you take two firsts for Dlaw? I sure would. In a heartbeat. It is being floated in the media here by "insiders".

Reactions: CWR

JBS

Reaction score
Yes, but his doctor claims he can play through it. It's actually on the upper end in back above the heel. (not the bottom of the heel) Other players have played through it as well.

He probably just needs an afo brace

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It's So hard to draft when you don't have any holes to fill..I typically watch the entite draft, I think I'll LARP this year instead
Lol... LARP.
Now that's something I haven't heard about in a long, long time.

JBS

Reaction score
8 games from Berry and 8 games from Geathers beats 16 games of Heath. Heath needs to be a sub-package guy and special teamer.

I think this is a bit extreme..do you know how many starting safeties in the entire nfl can make that play on Goff that heath made in the playoff game? The bootleg play where Goff kept it

JBond

Reaction score
Why bother? The Cowboys aren't going to sign this guy. Some other team will offer him 3-4 years between 30-45 million.
Nope. Why would they sign an injured player that refuses to play?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Berry at least is a SS. Woods didn't like bringing in Earl to play FS.

I could be wrong, but I think I've read that the safeties in this scheme are basically interchangeable parts. Woods and Thomas could have started together.

Regardless, like you said, if the Cowboys get Berry he's the SS and Woods' spot is safe.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think I've read that the safeties in this scheme are basically interchangeable parts. Woods and Thomas could have started together.

Regardless, like you said, if the Cowboys get Berry he's the SS and Woods' spot is safe.
I think he would have, but he was intimating that they had plans to replace him with Earl.