Eric Stokes Ran a 4.25 at his Pro Day

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Rayman70, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

20,896 Messages
    18,895 Likes Received
    man, this sheds some light on the cb sitch. This guy belongs in the conversation in round 1.

2. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

14,322 Messages
    21,164 Likes Received
    Absolutely, Eric Stokes belongs in the conversation for Round 1, but maybe this works out in the Cowboys favor? With Stokes being left off of most conversations until today, maybe enough teams will pass up on him and give our Cowboys a chance to grab him just like they did last year with Trevon Diggs?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Rayman70 likes this.
  3. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

23,864 Messages
    21,955 Likes Received
    That’s impressive but can he cover? I don’t know. Maybe he can and maybe he can’t.

4. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

8,053 Messages
    8,660 Likes Received
    That just put him in the top 20

Rayman70 likes this.
  5. Rayman70

20,896 Messages
    18,895 Likes Received
    I think so.Just watched a bunch of tape..he is sticky in coverage and makes ints. Great instincts.

Rockport likes this.
  6. Rayman70

20,896 Messages
    18,895 Likes Received
    Watch him sneak ahead of Farley or Surtain..

7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

50,752 Messages
    38,321 Likes Received
    That's blazing
    Fwiw.....
    Since pretty much all Pro Days exaggerate 40 times by .1 to .15 seconds we'll assume he runs a 4.35 - 4.4 in real 40 time..

Rayman70 likes this.
  8. Rayman70

20,896 Messages
    18,895 Likes Received
    yep, the kid def helped himself. Made himself more money...alot more.He has even better instincts than he does speed.

America's Cowboy and DFWJC like this.
  9. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

7,991 Messages
    5,007 Likes Received
    @WillieBeamen
    You see this now? Lol.......now they wanna wake up.

And imagine it being 2021 and people still dont have access to their own stopwatches to compare to other 40 yard dashes lmao

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    WillieBeamen likes this.
  10. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

9,985 Messages
    27,415 Likes Received
    Lol when I heard he ran a 4.2, I thought of you :dame :laugh::laugh::laugh:

stilltheguru likes this.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

61,996 Messages
    114,959 Likes Received
    Winicki Wood.

12. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

5,254 Messages
    5,439 Likes Received
    Not impossible. At least ahead of Horne and Farley. Stokes played in the SEC against the all world receivers from Alabama and LSU while Farley sat out the season. I would not be surprised if he is a top rated pick by the NFL scouts. Remember how Mackenzie Alexander came out of nowhere in the draft and now is considered the top cornerback in the league. Alexander ran a real fast 40. If Stokes is over 6 feet tall he might be the top rated cornerback on the Cowboys board. We all know how much some of us want a speed cornerback. This guy might be the surprise top 10 pick in the draft.

Rayman70 likes this.
  13. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

20,452 Messages
    33,482 Likes Received
    Not surprised. Kid can fly

He still holds the Eastside High School 100 meter record at 10.39 seconds. Stokes was also a state champion in both the 100 and 200 meters.

dogberry and America's Cowboy like this.
  14. stilltheguru

7,991 Messages
    5,007 Likes Received
    I've never seen a fast, 6 foot SEC corner with good game film get disrespected as much as Stokes. I haven't heard anybody explain what they dont like about him. Strange but whatever. If only his name was Champ Bailey Jr lol

15. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

15,751 Messages
    21,036 Likes Received
    Yet, no mention of my boy....

But regarding Stokes, if you follow college football and/or the draft, you should have known this kid had jets.

He ran a 10.39 100 and a 21.46 200, in Georgia, a notoriously fast state (see also Florida, Texas, California).

Tyreek Hill, also in Georgia, ran a wind-aided 10.19 100 and a wind-aided 20.14 200.

Those were high school times.

The WR is 9.58 in the 100 by a 23-year old Usain Bolt. He also holds the WR for the 200, a 19.19, which is insane.

16. stilltheguru

7,991 Messages
    5,007 Likes Received
    Stokes measured in at 6-foot-1, 196 pounds and ran a 4.25 40-yard dash. He also added an 11-0 broad jump along with a 41-inch vertical at the virtual combine.

I didnt know he would perform like that. Sheesh

America's Cowboy likes this.
  17. America's Cowboy

14,322 Messages
    21,164 Likes Received
    What do y'all see in Surtain that you are putting him as the #1 CB prospect for this year's draft?

Surtain lacks speed and does get beat if he's forced to play off the line of scrimmage where he can't get his hands on and grab you at the line of scrimmage. It shows on various tapes. How have y'all not noticed?

Surtain is good but definitely not the very best CB in this year's draft.

18. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

5,254 Messages
    5,439 Likes Received
    Surtain has the best tape, experience, size, technique, and competition of any of the corners in this draft. He is also 21 years of age and was a three year starter at the best program in college football. I notice people nitpick him for getting beat on a play when the ball is not even thrown at him. For as good as Alabama is their defensive line, linebackers safeties ect were average at best. He has stood out since his freshman season as a top rated prospect. I will say out of the prospects this Stokes guy has me intrigued. He is given me a Alexander vibe.

texbumthelife likes this.
  19. cristglo

cristglo Well-Known Member

870 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    I like Stokes and he hasnt played against any no name WR He just may have moved himself up to the 1st round.

20. America's Cowboy

14,322 Messages
    21,164 Likes Received
    I wouldn't touch Surtain. Surtain runs in the 4.5s in the 40. Trevon Diggs ran a 4.43 40 yard dash, yet we saw how he got beat various times by faster WRs.

We need absolute speed and quickness at CB this year. Both Caleb Farley and Eric Stokes have that. Plus, both can play man-to-man and zone coverage very well...and both are playmakers. I would rather take my chance on either Farley or Stokes, instead of Surtain.