Eric Stokes Ran a 4.25 at his Pro Day

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I ask the best question and the most important: can he cover and tackle well?
Alexander Wright WR in 1990, frst pick in 2nd round, selected by Jimmy Johnson, reportely ran a 4.19 40, but he was not a good receiver. He could not do much at the position.

there was an urban legend at the time that he went once ran a 4.07. Never confirmed

Gaede

Reaction score
Stokes was 1 of the reasons I was/still advocate for passing on CB at 10. As we saw last year with Diggs, the position is always deep and good players fall to the 2nd. Horn, Stokes, Greg Newsome, Aaron Robinson...I would be happy to get any of them in the 2nd + Asante Samuel and Elijah Molden both have huge potential as nickels (FS for Molden as well)

It is true. And this defense doesn't necessarily require a top-fight CB. I find myself drawn to Newsome at pick 44.

I still like Surtain, Farley, or Horn in round one, but I definitely won't lose any sleep if go a different direction (Pitts, Slater, Parsons, Ojulari, Barmore even).

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Oh, I see. Those are all his projected times. Those guys don’t know what he’s going to run.

The way you were stating it as fact, I thought you actually knew what he timed in the 40 somehow.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
@baltcowboy
@CalPolyTechnique

Here you go. Get properly informed.

I have seen his video. Voch is a offensive lineman guy and he likes Horne as his number 1 cornerback. He currently has a cornerback from Kentucky that could not hack it at LSU ahead of Farley. To each his own. We will see were the Cowboys go on draft day. I am starting to like Stokes. His film reminds me of Alexander. I still like Surtain the best.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not even just the 40. A 40 inch vert and 11 broad jump at 6'1? If his measurements and broad jump/vert are accurate hes not dropping out of the top 12. I knew he was fast but I didnt know he was jumping like that
Yeah he has my attention with this pro day plus he played 3 years in the SEC. The question with him is ball skills. I bet NFL scouts have him rated very high.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Oh, I see. Those are all his projected times. Those guys don’t know what he’s going to run.

The way you were stating it as fact, I thought you actually knew what he timed in the 40 somehow.
He does not like Surtain there is nothing we can do about that. It’s like the Dak haters. No matter what he sees in the game tape, he will focus on the negative. Surtain got burnt in the championship but the quarterback did not throw the ball to the receiver. :eek::rolleyes:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There is more. Much more. Read what every sports analyst who does this for a living is saying about Surtain's negatives. If you can't see the red flags, it's because you don't want to. So LOOOOL @ yourself.

This is the lame part of every draft season. You get folks that just parrot other’s opinions as gospel. If you don’t know what you’re looking at then why bother. Formulate your own takes instead regurgitating others.