Eric Stokes Ran a 4.25 at his Pro Day

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Bbbbut you said Surtain didn't give up a single pass for over 25 yards???

Liar...as usual. Shutup already.

:facepalm:

You dumb donkey.

I said he gave up just one (1) pass of 25+ yards his senior season.

Show me where I said different. Go ahead, quote me.

Let’s see who’s lying now.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:facepalm:

You dumb donkey.

I said he gave up just one (1) pass of 25+ yards his senior season.

Show me where I said different. Go ahead, quote me.

Let’s see who’s lying now.
Just because Surtain had only 1 pass over 25 yards completed against him doesn't mean he is not susceptible to getting beat deep often. Many times in various videos, Surtain was seen trailing his receiver deep downfield. What saved him was those passes were off target. In the NFL, most passes deep will be much better thrown and completed, especially if a CB lacks deep speed. It's not that hard to understand. Yet, here you are trying so hard to defend him. Foolish.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Just because Surtain had only 1 pass over 25 yards completed against him doesn't mean he is not susceptible to getting beat deep often. Many times in various videos, Surtain was seen trailing his receiver deep downfield. What saved him was those passes were off target. In the NFL, most passes deep will be much better thrown and completed, especially if a CB lacks deep speed. It's not that hard to understand. Yet, here you are trying so hard to defend him. Foolish.

Nah, nah, nah, no you don’t you dunce.

You flat-out called me a liar and claimed I said Surtain “didn’t give up a single pass of 25+ yards.”

Where did I say that?

Fetch me the quote boy.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yup. People trust Kiper/Mcshay and Brugler more than NFL gms lol.
Of course, because GMs aren't sharing their boards with everyone. But Kiper and McShay still are pretty much in the ball park. There aren't really that many surprises on who the top players are, as well as who are the first rounders.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Watch how fast their mock drafts change in April after they hear a rumor.
That's the psychology behind mock drafts. They make fans think they're getting some "new" information with Kiper and McShay, et al., rearranging the draft order.
Who wants to see their same mock draft week after week. They switch it up to give readers a sense that something different and new is being disseminated, which peaks interest.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow QB LSU
2. New York Giants - Chase Young DE Ohio St.*
3. Washington Commanders - Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama*
4. Miami Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama*
5. Detroit Lions - Jeff Okudah CB Ohio St.*
6. Arizona Cardinals - CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma*
7. New York Jets - Andrew Thomas T Georgia*
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Isaiah Simmons OLB Clemson*
9. Carolina Panthers - Derrick Brown DT Auburn
10. Los Angeles Chargers - Justin Herbert QB Oregon
11. Las Vegas Raiders - Paulson Adebo CB Stanford*
12. Denver Broncos - Grant Delpit S LSU*
13. Atlanta Falcons - CJ Henderson CB Florida*
14. Cleveland Browns - Tee Higgins WR Clemson*
15. Indianapolis Colts - Justin Jefferson WR LSU*
16. Las Vegas Raiders (Chicago) - Laviska Shenault Jr. WR Colorado*
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina
18. Philadelphia Eagles - Henry Ruggs III WR Alabama*
19. Jacksonville Jaguars (L.A. Rams) - Raekwon Davis DT Alabama
20. Miami Dolphins (Pittsburgh) - Curtis Weaver DE Boise St.*
21. Tennessee Titans - D'Andre Swift RB Georgia*

22. Dallas Cowboys - Xavier McKinney S Alabama*
Dallas has needed a safety for years. And now with the possibility of cornerback Byron Jones leaving in the offseason, the Cowboys can't keep waiting to address the secondary. McKinney has range and fills holes in the run game.

23. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona St.
24. Miami Dolphins (Houston) - Alex Leatherwood T Alabama*
25. Minnesota Vikings - Bryce Hall CB Virginia
26. Green Bay Packers - DeVonta Smith WR Alabama*
27. Seattle Seahawks - Marvin Wilson DT Florida St.*
28. Kansas City Chiefs - Kristian Fulton CB LSU
29. New Orleans Saints - A.J. Epenesa DE Iowa*
30. New England Patriots - Tristan Wirfs T Iowa*
31. San Francisco 49ers - J.K. Dobbins RB Ohio St.*
32. Baltimore Ravens - Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn St.*

I wouldnt call that innthe ballpark. I could've picked a fan who couldve done the same or better. But were not changing each others opinion. Good day sir
Of course, because GMs aren't sharing their boards with everyone. But Kiper and McShay still are pretty much in the ball park. There aren't really that many surprises on who the top players are, as well as who are the first rounders.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow QB LSU
2. New York Giants - Chase Young DE Ohio St.*
3. Washington Commanders - Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama*
4. Miami Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama*
5. Detroit Lions - Jeff Okudah CB Ohio St.*
6. Arizona Cardinals - CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma*
7. New York Jets - Andrew Thomas T Georgia*
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Isaiah Simmons OLB Clemson*
9. Carolina Panthers - Derrick Brown DT Auburn
10. Los Angeles Chargers - Justin Herbert QB Oregon
11. Las Vegas Raiders - Paulson Adebo CB Stanford*
12. Denver Broncos - Grant Delpit S LSU*
13. Atlanta Falcons - CJ Henderson CB Florida*
14. Cleveland Browns - Tee Higgins WR Clemson*
15. Indianapolis Colts - Justin Jefferson WR LSU*
16. Las Vegas Raiders (Chicago) - Laviska Shenault Jr. WR Colorado*
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina
18. Philadelphia Eagles - Henry Ruggs III WR Alabama*
19. Jacksonville Jaguars (L.A. Rams) - Raekwon Davis DT Alabama
20. Miami Dolphins (Pittsburgh) - Curtis Weaver DE Boise St.*
21. Tennessee Titans - D'Andre Swift RB Georgia*

22. Dallas Cowboys - Xavier McKinney S Alabama*
Dallas has needed a safety for years. And now with the possibility of cornerback Byron Jones leaving in the offseason, the Cowboys can't keep waiting to address the secondary. McKinney has range and fills holes in the run game.

23. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona St.
24. Miami Dolphins (Houston) - Alex Leatherwood T Alabama*
25. Minnesota Vikings - Bryce Hall CB Virginia
26. Green Bay Packers - DeVonta Smith WR Alabama*
27. Seattle Seahawks - Marvin Wilson DT Florida St.*
28. Kansas City Chiefs - Kristian Fulton CB LSU
29. New Orleans Saints - A.J. Epenesa DE Iowa*
30. New England Patriots - Tristan Wirfs T Iowa*
31. San Francisco 49ers - J.K. Dobbins RB Ohio St.*
32. Baltimore Ravens - Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn St.*

I wouldnt call that innthe ballpark. I could've picked a fan who couldve done the same or better. But were not changing each others opinion. Good day sir

Apparently, this was an early mock draft because it has DeVonta Smith and Marvin Wilson in the draft and they returned to college.

Aside from that, at my count (and I haven't actually gone back to compare) 13 players they have going in the first round actually were picked in the first round.

So let's see, an early mock draft that has players who weren't available and 13 players going in the first round, also understanding that mock drafts are purposely manipulated so fans can get excited or disgusted by who the mock drafters give their team?

Yeah, I'd say they accomplished their goals and also identified top players.

You have a good day, too. Hope it's sunny and warm where you are after all that cold and snow. :)

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Apparently, this was an early mock draft because it has DeVonta Smith and Marvin Wilson in the draft and they returned to college.

Aside from that, at my count (and I haven't actually gone back to compare) 13 players they have going in the first round actually were picked in the first round.

So let's see, an early mock draft that has players who weren't available and 13 players going in the first round, also understanding that mock drafts are purposely manipulated so fans can get excited or disgusted by who the mock drafters give their team?

Yeah, I'd say they accomplished their goals and also identified top players.

You have a good day, too. Hope it's sunny and warm where you are after all that cold and snow. :)
Its the earliest I could find. His 1.0 was an espn insider link. But im looking at grant delpits and Weavers of the world, etc.........no.

Now compare this to his 4.0 once he got the truth

stilltheguru

Reaction score
But lastly, hopefully kiper will have stokes in his top 20 so you wouldnt have a breakdown if we take him at 10 lol

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So you like Surtain best even though he gets beat deep and at the line of scrimmage if he doesn't get his hands on the opposing WR early? These are things that both Caleb Farley and Eric Stokes perform much better. But you still want the lesser guy? :facepalm:

Talk about hard-headed.
For someone who keeps talking about how stupid people are, you sure don't seem to realize that this is exactly how CBs get beat deep no matter how fast they are.

"He's a fast corner so he can cover deep easily" is an atrocious take.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Absolutely, Eric Stokes belongs in the conversation for Round 1, but maybe this works out in the Cowboys favor? With Stokes being left off of most conversations until today, maybe enough teams will pass up on him and give our Cowboys a chance to grab him just like they did last year with Trevon Diggs?
don't care how fast he is, i need to see it on the field. i believe most reviews of Stokes that I have seen has him more as a third rounder. admittedly i haven't watched his tape but i get really nervous when a player isn't in any conversation of the top 5 at his position during the season tests well and suddenly he is a round 1 candidate. not saying it can't happen but it generally doesn't end up very well.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
don't care how fast he is, i need to see it on the field. i believe most reviews of Stokes that I have seen has him more as a third rounder. admittedly i haven't watched his tape but i get really nervous when a player isn't in any conversation of the top 5 at his position during the season tests well and suddenly he is a round 1 candidate. not saying it can't happen but it generally doesn't end up very well.
I think a lot of people have had him as a fringe first, he just hasn't gotten the media attention maybe. After that top 3 - there's like 6 or 7 guys who are all basically the same in terms of going anywhere from 25-60.

Samuel, Stokes, Cambpell, Melifonwu, Newsome, Joseph, Molden...they could all go anywhere from the late first into the third, and are in basically the same position as Stokes.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Watch the tape then lol

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
This draft is pretty deep at CB IMO. I like taking one in the 1st round and again in say the 3rd.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I gotcha
Well, that is a fair request. :)
However, over the past couple of years, I have tried to limit the time\effort I put into the evaluation process. Was spending too much time going down all the rabbit holes.