Eric Stokes Ran a 4.25 at his Pro Day

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You think that giving up just 1 pass of 25 yards or more justifies taking him? Look at the opposing passer rating accrued by QBs who play against Surtain and Farley that I submitted to you. While Surtain is very good (#1 in the nation in 2020: take not how Farley sat out 2020 due to covid), Farley blows away Surtain's opposing QB accrued passer rating out of the water by a lot! Then, take into account both players' scouting report negatives, Farley shows he's by far the better player and prospect.

Yet, once again, you've got that California smart-aleck stubborn attitude that you simply can't see the forest for the trees when it comes to which is the better player and best suited for the Cowboys needs.

Nah, nah, nah, no you don’t.

You said “Surtain is 1 dimensional and gets beat by fast and quick WRs, especially deep or when he can not get his hands on them at the line of scrimmage.”

You straight made that up.

He gave up one (1) pass of more than 25+ yards his senior season, so your claim is completely unsubstantiated nonsense.

You got that southern riviera dimwittedness that makes it up as you go.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No you don’t you dunce.

You claimed he get beat deep

He’s clearly clueless. When you’re debating a player and the first thing you do is a copy and paste job, lol.
Time and time again, you prove you don't know ish when it comes to football. It's expected from high school band players. lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nah, nah, nah, no you don’t.

You said “Surtain is 1 dimensional and gets beat by fast and quick WRs, especially deep or when he can not get his hands on them at the line of scrimmage.”

You straight made that up.

He gave up one (1) pass of more than 25+ yards his senior season, so your claim is completely unsubstantiated nonsense.

You got that southern riviera dimwittedness that makes it up as you go.
Ahem...son...go play some football and learn it well before you post.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Thank you.

So a corner who runs 4.25, plays for Georgia, is 6 feet 1 inches tall is ranked the 13th best corner. Someone with that speed, that height, that weight, that pedigree is 13th overall.

Say it with me ... Mike Mamula.*

*Of course, I'm exaggerating. But my point is with those measurables, if he were any good ball-wise, he'd be hands down the No. 1 corner in this draft.
Something's not right. Reminds me of Tony Brown from Alabama. He had all the measurables and was, based on measurables, better than Marlon Humphreys. Taller, bigger, faster. But something wasn't right. He had first round written all over him, but, I believe, he went undrafted and now is on his third team - the Cincinnati Bengals. He's not starting, but talent keeps him around. Meanwhile, Humphreys is an all-pro and signed his second contract for mega bucks.
Your problem is that you think Jeff Cavanaugh matters. He really doesn't. Until NFL teams start the rumor mill I dont know why you want to keep touting your Mike Mamula reference like it's actually true, but ok.

Last edited:

bodi

Reaction score
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-cb-rankings-harris-march

Caleb Farley
CB , Virginia Tech

Final Grade: 93.00/100

Patrick Surtain II
CB , Alabama

Final Grade: 84.00/100

Jaycee Horn
CB , South Carolina

Final Grade: 82.00/100

Paulson Adebo
CB , Stanford

Final Grade: 81.00/100

Greg Newsome II
CB , Northwestern

Final Grade: TBD/100

Elijah Molden
CB , Washington

Tyson Campbell
CB , Georgia

Final Grade: 75.00/100

Keith Taylor Jr.
CB , Washington

Final Grade: 74.00/100

Eric Stokes
CB , Georgia

Benjamin St-Juste
CB , Minnesota

stilltheguru

Reaction score
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-cb-rankings-harris-march

Caleb Farley
CB , Virginia Tech

Final Grade: 93.00/100

Patrick Surtain II
CB , Alabama

Final Grade: 84.00/100

Jaycee Horn
CB , South Carolina

Final Grade: 82.00/100

Paulson Adebo
CB , Stanford

Greg Newsome II
CB , Northwestern

Elijah Molden
CB , Washington

Tyson Campbell
CB , Georgia

Final Grade: 75.00/100

Keith Taylor Jr.
CB , Washington

Eric Stokes
CB , Georgia

Benjamin St-Juste
CB , Minnesota

https://thedraftnetwork.com/trackers/2020-prospect-rankings

Teams dont follow these people bro. They had Fulton as a top 20 player and he went damn near round 3. I think fans take these "experts" a bit too serious

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Ahem...son...go play some football and learn it well before you post.

Don’t think for one second everyone doesn’t realize you’re talking out your rear.

Lool, go read some more scouting reports and act like you came up with it by watching first hand.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Don’t think for one second everyone doesn’t realize you’re talking out your rear.

Lool, go read some more scouting reports and act like you came up with it by watching first hand.
Hey, high school band player, watch some video and get much better informed. Pay attention. You just might learn something.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Hey, high school band player, watch some video and get much better informed. Pay attention. You just might learn something.

Still dodging the question, smh.

Where are all the deep balls he supposedly gives up as you claimed?

Go tuck your tail and run-off.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Still dodging the question, smh.

Where are all the deep balls he supposedly gives up as you claimed?

Go tuck your tail and run-off.
Watch the video I just posted. You will see Surtain getting beat deep for a 50 yard bomb for a TD by a nobody WR from Florida.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Watch the video I just posted. You will see Surtain getting beat deep for a 50 yard bomb for a TD by a nobody WR from Florida.

Loool, oh no! A CB got beat.

Never happens.

Just one (1) play allowed over 25+ yards his senior season. And he wasn’t even beat, the WR caught the ball at the high point over him. He was in great position.

Smh, dunce.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He does not like Surtain there is nothing we can do about that. It’s like the Dak haters. No matter what he sees in the game tape, he will focus on the negative. Surtain got burnt in the championship but the quarterback did not throw the ball to the receiver. :eek::rolleyes:
And Surtain dropped an easy INT in the end zone. We’ll definitely take him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
BTW, here's the play in question that America's Cowboy referenced. Surtain is lined-up at the very top of the screen. Has great position, mirrors the receiver's stutter perfectly and carries his man up the field textbook. The ball is slightly underthrown and the WR makes a great play high-pointing the ball Great play. End of story.

Again, just one (1) play over 25+ yards his entire senior season, yet he wants to make it seem like Surtain's giving up the deep ball constantly, smh.

I still take Farley > Surtain, due to ceiling, but the bad player analysis is laughable.

k8zMWN.gif

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Your problem is that you think Jeff Cavanaugh matters. He really doesn't. Until NFL teams start the rumor mill I dont know why you want to keep touting your Mike Mamula reference like it's actually true, but ok.
My problem? :huh:
I didn't even know who he was until you brought up his name.

All I said is we haven't heard Stokes name as a top corner. I also said that if he runs a 4.25 40, plays for University of Georgia and is 6'0, 205 pounds and has any ball skills, he should be at the top of everyone's list. Yet, he's not.

And, yes, guys who evaluate draft prospects are credible. We rely on their evaluations to make even our mock draft boards. They might not be always right, but they offer us a guide.

As for my comparison to Mike Mamula, apparently, you didn't see my post to another poster. I was exaggerating. But within the exaggeration lies my point, which I AGAIN expressed above.

Chillax. It's all good. My ego isn't involved in this. I very well may be wrong. It won't be the first time .... or the last. :laugh:

Peace. V

stilltheguru

Reaction score
My problem? :huh:
I didn't even know who he was until you brought up his name.

All I said is we haven't heard Stokes name as a top corner. I also said that if he runs a 4.25 40, plays for University of Georgia and is 6'0, 205 pounds and has any ball skills, he should be at the top of everyone's list. Yet, he's not.

And, yes, guys who evaluate draft prospects are credible. We rely on their evaluations to make even our mock draft boards. They might not be always right, but they offer us a guide.

As for my comparison to Mike Mamula, apparently, you didn't see my post to another poster. I was exaggerating. But within the exaggeration lies my point, which I AGAIN expressed above.

Chillax. It's all good. My ego isn't involved in this. I very well may be wrong. It won't be the first time .... or the last. :laugh:

Peace. V
Im very relaxed. I just dont get your logic of listening to media guys draft boards. Aj Terrell wasnt at the top until the draft either and I was telling people about him when Kiper had him ranked 10th best corner.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Im very relaxed. I just dont get your logic of listening to media guys draft boards. Aj Terrell wasnt at the top until the draft either and I was telling people about him when Kiper had him ranked 10th best corner.
People are going to lose their minds when we get whispers about the Cowboys draft board and what teams think of the players in this draft. As much as I love Surtain I don’t think the Cowboys will draft him at 10. The Cowboys have a plan and none of us fans or YouTube draftnicks have a clue what the Cowboys will do. I am actually excited because the Joneses appear to actually have figured out how to control their leaks inside the Star.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Loool, oh no! A CB got beat.

Never happens.

Just one (1) play allowed over 25+ yards his senior season. And he wasn’t even beat, the WR caught the ball at the high point over him. He was in great position.

Smh, dunce.
Bbbbut you said Surtain didn't give up a single pass for over 25 yards???

Liar...as usual. Shutup already.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
People are going to lose their minds when we get whispers about the Cowboys draft board and what teams think of the players in this draft. As much as I love Surtain I don’t think the Cowboys will draft him at 10. The Cowboys have a plan and none of us fans or YouTube draftnicks have a clue what the Cowboys will do. I am actually excited because the Joneses appear to actually have figured out how to control their leaks inside the Star.
Yup. People trust Kiper/Mcshay and Brugler more than NFL gms lol.