News: ESPN: Archer: Why Dak Prescott has become the Cowboys' new Tony Romo

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Yep. Dak turned into Romo.

Then there will be a fresh or Soph QB who is a fan of the Cowboys that will tweet that he is done with Dak.

Three years later, the Cowboys will select that QB in draft and Dak will get injured in a preseason game and you know the rest.

This is the circle of life.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As you should. We just disagree on it. Maybe both of us are wrong…
Most certainly could be. :)

But...I do say I've got the analysis on my side. Here is just one of many:

"
Yes, that star behind Andrew Luck indicates that Romo and the Colts rookie both exceeded their expected WPA more than any other quarterback in the league. This allows us to validate those much-ballyhooed fourth-quarter comebacks, as it illustrates how Romo excelled in late game situations throughout the season.

That is not a one-year fluke either. In fact, Romo has consistently met or exceeded his expected WPA, reflecting a career of solid performance in tight situations"

"in the fourth quarter of one-possession games since 2006, Romo's 99.3 quarterback rating is third-highest among quarterbacks with at least 100 passes in those situations, trailing only Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers."

https://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/2013/10/the-truth-about-tony-romo.html

CCBoy

Reaction score
He’s a loser. Took some of you guys this long to figure it out when it was obvious in 2019. Your faith RUINS you.
Faith is fully needed to retain a team...the Conquistadors went all over South Americas and team was lost. The Church was then lost and Cartels filled the loyalty void.

Not just a stupid comment...more is involved than numbers and opportunity. I respect effort and was on some pretty winning college teams as well. They were teams, not medal toters

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yep. If you look at their performances you see overall Romo's performances helped the team and Dak's let the team down. Dak primarliy has had better teams and much much better defenses. Romo did play on some good teams, but he elevated his teams. All you have to look at is the teams records with Romo out (4-12 and 3-13) vs with Dak out (5-1).
His point of focus is still off...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Fair or not, they're all Dallas Cowboys to the national media. (Even if Todd Archer started out local) And all they see is 2 guys who played 8-10 years, came in with home or bye week opportunities and always pooped an egg before even making it past second round.

And going by results above, you can see that it's very rare to have long-term starting QBs like these who haven't made it past second round. Very rare. Both are outliers and on the same team. Only constant is they're both on teams run by Jerry Jones.
That isn't the reason. When he purchased the team, he promised to always try to remain competitive each and every season. That is why he doesn't believe in tanking to win. That is for his team's fans benefit. But not an excuse....understanding why sometimes through salary cap and player changes have been rough in the road gone.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Some people did not watch Ken Anderson play for Cincinnati.

Ken Anderson has made the Pro Football Hall of Fame final list twice without getting in.

I doubt Tony Romo and Dak Prescott's names will ever make it past the second preliminary round of discussions as a player.

Anderson's name should never be mentioned with either Romo or Prescott in my opinion.
Agreed, being good alone is a tough road. He has to lead his team to success. Lower levels are simply less in setting apart in competition. They can still play some good football.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
419837865_7233206356737377_4682892071866683546_n.jpg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Most certainly could be. :)

But...I do say I've got the analysis on my side. Here is just one of many:

"
Yes, that star behind Andrew Luck indicates that Romo and the Colts rookie both exceeded their expected WPA more than any other quarterback in the league. This allows us to validate those much-ballyhooed fourth-quarter comebacks, as it illustrates how Romo excelled in late game situations throughout the season.

That is not a one-year fluke either. In fact, Romo has consistently met or exceeded his expected WPA, reflecting a career of solid performance in tight situations"

"in the fourth quarter of one-possession games since 2006, Romo's 99.3 quarterback rating is third-highest among quarterbacks with at least 100 passes in those situations, trailing only Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers."

https://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/2013/10/the-truth-about-tony-romo.html
But do these factor in his playoff appearances? Because he has a lot of regular season games. Only 6 playoff games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
my eyes tell me its disrespectful to Romo to have his name mentioned next to Dak's. At the very least you have to admit Tony had fight to him unlike Dak who looks completely lost in a big game and puts up no fight.
Only thing I remember Romo fighting is that football when he bobbled the snap. I would not put fight in the sentence as Romo. Eli fought. Romo? Naw. Maybe he fights in golf?

tomokawan

Reaction score
my eyes tell me its disrespectful to Romo to have his name mentioned next to Dak's. At the very least you have to admit Tony had fight to him unlike Dak who looks completely lost in a big game and puts up no fight.
You must be blind. Another case in point of just plain Dak hatred. How hell do you have the nerve say it is disrespectful to mention Romo's name next to Dak.
Are you for real??

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only thing I remember Romo fighting is that football when he bobbled the snap. I would not put fight in the sentence as Romo. Eli fought. Romo? Naw. Maybe he fights in golf?
Ah...the fg snap?

THAT is your line in th sand. Lotta websites warned me of people like you...that use that ONE play to crucify Romo. I never though they existed.

You do exist.

You actually love Eli more than Romo.

What the entire ****** f is going on here.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you love Eli Manning more than Tony Romo you are NOT a Dallas Cowboys fan.

This is unbelievable.