News: ESPN: Claiborne demoted, skips walk-through

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
This news is out everywhere. Not a rumor.

You do realize that at that time, there was no link in the thread. Now, thirty minutes (or whatever it is) later, you respond.

I'm guessing reading isn't your thing. Or you are new to message boards.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Cornerback Morris Claiborne skipped the Cowboys' walk-through practice and angrily left the club's Valley Ranch training facility Tuesday after being informed that Orlando Scandrick was replacing him in the starting lineup, multiple sources told ESPN.

The Cowboys could fine Claiborne for missing the practice or conduct detrimental to the team.

Claiborne's demotion came a few hours after Jerry Jones said on his weekly radio show that the third-year cornerback had not been worth the sixth pick of the 2012 in the draft, which Dallas moved up to acquire.

--------------------------------------------
Mods: I don't have the link but will provide it when it becomes available.

Added link: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...iborne-dallas-cowboys-hears-lineup-news-bolts

Like I said in the other thread....... I will give this garbage player credit when hell freezes over. Meanwhile back at the ranch.... He continues to steal money from the Cowboys organization.

Glad to see my boy OSCAN FREE and back in the saddle.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
He's still human. I don't care whether you're getting paid $5 or $5million. Nobody likes being called out by their boss in public, especially when you know you're sucking at your job.

Having a moment is one thing. Having a sustained tantrum is another. Story's yet to be told on what Mo will do.
I guess anything's possible and this could motivate him... But do you really think Jerry called him out? I thought Jerry was exceedingly delicate with the way he phrased it. "It's been a unique three years?" Or "He hasn't been the player we hoped but he still can be a good player." I don't see how Jerry could have been much more charitable about it.

If he was going to get upset, I'd think he'd get upset at Steve questioning his manhood for missing so much camp time his first two years.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Who's that five?
Never mind. I already know.

Can I start calling you guys the "Get-Along Gang?".
How about- "The Feel-Good Kids"?

I like that...
That might stick.

They could be called the Self Fives

tumblr_m16jm1BQ6O1r4xp0qo1_500.gif

And they could go around high fiving each other

5s.gif

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Having a moment is one thing. Having a sustained tantrum is another. Story's yet to be told on what Mo will do.

So if Nick Hayden had a "moment" and stormed out after being demoted, would the same patience be stressed with him?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Did you miss the previous 50 plays before that? Did you miss him giving up touchdown after touchdown?

He was rated the 131st corner BEFORE the rams game.

Guy is probably one of the three the worst players on the team

And yet he still starting ahead of others or at least first in. What does that tell you about what is behind him?

yentl911

Reaction score
Hmmm. I thought I saw him hit the QB pretty hard on a "perfectly timed blitz" on the last drive of the game last Sunday. Then I thought I saw him end the game with an interception. Then I thought I heard him say that he was terrible, and that just finishing strong isn't good enough (sounds like a team first attitude to me). Today, in my opinion, sounds like a young guy who is already feeling the pressure, and just snapped a bit. I agree with Woody's Girl, let's see where he is tomorrow. I remember a certain guy named Beasley almost retiring before he ever started.

Team guy all the way - loses his starting job and walks out on the team. Have you ever played team sports? I'm guessing no

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cornerback Morris Claiborne skipped the Cowboys' walk-through practice and angrily left the club's Valley Ranch training facility Tuesday after being informed that Orlando Scandrick was replacing him in the starting lineup, multiple sources told ESPN.

The Cowboys could fine Claiborne for missing the practice or conduct detrimental to the team.

Claiborne's demotion came a few hours after Jerry Jones said on his weekly radio show that the third-year cornerback had not been worth the sixth pick of the 2012 in the draft, which Dallas moved up to acquire.

--------------------------------------------
Mods: I don't have the link but will provide it when it becomes available.

Added link: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...iborne-dallas-cowboys-hears-lineup-news-bolts

"IRVING, Texas -- Cornerback Morris Claiborne skipped the Dallas Cowboys' walk-through practice and angrily left the club's Valley Ranch training facility Tuesday after being informed that Orlando Scandrick was replacing him in the starting lineup, multiple sources said.

Claiborne's demotion came a few hours after Jerry Jones said on his weekly radio show that the third-year cornerback had not been worth the sixth pick of the 2012 draft, which Dallas moved up to acquire."

This is a moronic story because Claiborne was already demoted. Scandrick started the Rams game over Claiborne, he didn't just get demoted yesterday or today.

Now if they said that Moore was going to be the #3, then it would be news.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess anything's possible and this could motivate him... But do you really think Jerry called him out? I thought Jerry was exceedingly delicate with the way he phrased it. "It's been a unique three years?" Or "He hasn't been the player we hoped but he still can be a good player." I don't see how Jerry could have been much more charitable about it.

If he was going to get upset, I'd think he'd get upset at Steve questioning his manhood for missing so much camp time his first two years.

I didn't think it was a bad call-out either.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Did you miss the previous 50 plays before that? Did you miss him giving up touchdown after touchdown?

Yeah he's pretty ******.. Getting a good laugh at people defending this bum.. He's Soft.. Tackles worse then Deion and is slow as a turtle. He blows

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Said garbage player is barely better than UDFA Heath.

RS12

Reaction score
I had the same response, though. His whole contract was guaranteed? What the what?

Of course he was the best prospect since Deion, so...

The only thing they have in common is business decisions

rcaldw

Reaction score
Team guy all the way - loses his starting job and walks out on the team. Have you ever played team sports? I'm guessing no

lol. You're guessing wrong, but is this where we insert all the team sports we played, and how many awards we won doing it, and how long ago it all was? Now, let me send it back your way, did YOU play team sports? I mean the real ones, not little league.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
"Claiborne's demotion came a few hours after Jerry Jones said on his weekly radio show that the third-year cornerback had not been worth the sixth pick of the 2012 draft, which Dallas moved up to acquire."

This is a moronic story because Claiborne was already demoted. Scandrick started the Rams game over Claiborne, he didn't just get demoted yesterday or today.

So what upset him? Hmmmmmm

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
This is part of the new rookie pay scale.

IIRC, the early 1st round picks usually have their entire contract guaranteed.

You're right, I wonder at what point the guarantee stopped.

Found this from the team website from back then:

There is no offset language in the contract, meaning if the Cowboys were to cut Claiborne before the fourth season, they would still be obligated to pay the rest of his guaranteed money, while the cornerback would also be able to collect additional money if he signed with another team. Offset language would only force the original team to pay the difference of the two contracts.

When Robert Griffin III signed his contract with the Commanders last week without the offset language, it set a domino-effect that trickled down to the rest of the top picks.

Still, the Cowboys are hoping that doesn’t matter. If Claiborne is truly the player they think he is, cutting him after two or three years will never be discussed.

The Cowboys will practice three days, beginning Wednesday for all rookies and selected veterans. And Claiborne will be cleared to practice for the first time since being drafted.

Claiborne has missed the entire summer of practices because of a wrist injury that required surgery prior to the NFL Draft. The Cowboys made a surprising move to jump from 14th to No. 6 to land Claiborne, the player they had ranked second overall on their draft board behind only Stanford’s Andrew Luck.
Holy frijole.