News: ESPN: Claiborne demoted, skips walk-through

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
If Mo wouldn't have been such a high draft pick he would already be gone or riding the bench. I feel for him but he's not a starting NFL cornerback. He just looks sluggish out there to me. Jerry probably shouldn't have called him out but I think its time this team started making players accountable and stop paying and playing them for where they were drafted or what they have done in the past like Ware and safety Roy Williams. When they're done, they should move on. Mo never had it to begin with...........

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Did you miss the previous 50 plays before that? Did you miss him giving up touchdown after touchdown?

He was rated the 131st corner BEFORE the rams game.

Guy is probably one of the three the worst players on the team

Trying to think of which starters are worse than him. I think even Hayden has him beat.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I guess anything's possible and this could motivate him... But do you really think Jerry called him out? I thought Jerry was exceedingly delicate with the way he phrased it. "It's been a unique three years?" Or "He hasn't been the player we hoped but he still can be a good player." I don't see how Jerry could have been much more charitable about it.

If he was going to get upset, I'd think he'd get upset at Steve questioning his manhood for missing so much camp time his first two years.

I heard what Jerry said and he phrased it about as correctly as you could without being a jerk.
Clai stinks. He knows he stinks.
You could see it in his eyes AFTER his INT that he hoped to GAWD that that play saved his job because he knew he stunk.

Then he gets cruddy because what he half-expected to happen happened.
Like that INT where he (to me) was too far on top of the route and a crappy throw got him his job saver.

I almost expected this.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess anything's possible and this could motivate him... But do you really think Jerry called him out? I thought Jerry was exceedingly delicate with the way he phrased it. "It's been a unique three years?" Or "He hasn't been the player we hoped but he still can be a good player." I don't see how Jerry could have been much more charitable about it.

If he was going to get upset, I'd think he'd get upset at Steve questioning his manhood for missing so much camp time his first two years.

I'm not one to psychoanalyze these guys too much, but he prolly feels like he's being kicked while he's already down. He'd already admitted he sucked in the Rams game. But as soon as Jerry made his comments, twitter blew up w/reports that Jerry said, Claiborne hadn't lived up to his draft status. Forget all the other stuff Jerry said, every report led with variations of Claiborne is a disappointment. Add that to him being benched supposedly in favor of Scandrick (I think Moore), well his nads should feel pretty sore.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
lol. You're guessing wrong, but is this where we insert all the team sports we played, and how many awards we won doing it, and how long ago it all was? Now, let me send it back your way, did YOU play team sports? I mean the real ones, not little league.

He was runner up in the hooked on phonics league.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think it was all about Sterling Moore anyway. Scandrick started over him in the Rams game. It was about the sub-packages than anything else.

That's my thinking as well . . . it might not "get his goat" nearly as bad if he were still covering the slot but I've got a feeling it might be more about Moore covering the slot and Mo being demoted to the #4 option at CB.

Aven8

Reaction score
Great way to go into playing the new greatest show on turf.

Oscan was itching and moaning about not playing, yet he forgot he took X in Mexico obviously.

We need Mo because he will play the outside while Oscan mans the slot. Yes he was horrific, but much like Newman he needs confidence to play. I think the pick was huge for that, but that's obviously been kiboshed now.

rcaldw

Reaction score
I'm not one to psychoanalyze these guys too much, but he prolly feels like he's being kicked while he's already down. He'd already admitted he sucked in the Rams game. But as soon as Jerry made his comments, twitter blew up w/reports that Jerry said, Claiborne hadn't lived up to his draft status. Forget all the other stuff Jerry said, every report led with variations of Claiborne is a disappointment. Add that to him being benched supposedly in favor of Scandrick (I think Moore), well his nads should feel pretty sore.

Someone understands. Thank you.

yentl911

Reaction score
With all due respect, just go listen to some NFL head coaches talk about managing players. Some you chew on, some you build up. I didn't say it, they say it, if you will just listen. People are people in sports, from 7th grade to your Dallas Cowboys, and as far as that goes, to the place where you will go in to work tomorrow.

When the team spends a top ten pick on a guy and he turns out to be a total dud do not be surprised when the guy is called out. He is a joke of a player and was a contributing factor to the game even being as close as it was. He is deserving of the 4th CB spot tops. He is a liability on the field and now appears he might turn into a liability as a team player as well.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if Nick Hayden had a "moment" and stormed out after being demoted, would the same patience be stressed with him?

I can only speak for me...and if you've followed any of my posts regarding players, you should know my answer.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
"IRVING, Texas -- Cornerback Morris Claiborne skipped the Dallas Cowboys' walk-through practice and angrily left the club's Valley Ranch training facility Tuesday after being informed that Orlando Scandrick was replacing him in the starting lineup, multiple sources said.

Claiborne's demotion came a few hours after Jerry Jones said on his weekly radio show that the third-year cornerback had not been worth the sixth pick of the 2012 draft, which Dallas moved up to acquire."

This is a moronic story because Claiborne was already demoted. Scandrick started the Rams game over Claiborne, he didn't just get demoted yesterday or today.

Now if they said that Moore was going to be the #3, then it would be news.

So now is he even dumber for finally figuring it out?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I said earlier, Jerry has every right to call out any player on the team, especially one that they traded a 2nd round pick for that hasn't lived up to expectations.

For all of his faults Jerry has almost always gone overboard to "protect" players. The very few times he's busted balls... I think it's been warranted.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

BRAVO JERRY

For the record, he wasn't "just" benched in favor of Scandrick.... He's delusional. The only reason he saw the regular season corner position was because OSCAN got caught sipping the funny stuff. Otherwise, the bust is holding up the sidelines.

rcaldw

Reaction score
When the team spends a top ten pick on a guy and he turns out to be a total dud do not be surprised when the guy is called out. He is a joke of a player and was a contributing factor to the game even being as close as it was. He is deserving of the 4th CB spot tops. He is a liability on the field and now appears he might turn into a liability as a team player as well.

I am not disagreeing with you that he has played poorly at times. Nor am I disagreeing that he might end up being a bust. Nor am I disagreeing that if Mo doesn't come back and make this right, that he isn't a team player. I'm saying, I don't think the owner should have called him out today, and I'm saying lets give it a day and see where it stands.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So if Nick Hayden had a "moment" and stormed out after being demoted, would the same patience be stressed with him?

To be fair- Beasley had a "moment" and he hadn't done anything and there was patience.

So... Maybe.