ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli believes the Packers are looking hard at Vince Young

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli believes the Packers are looking hard at Vince Young.

Most observers believe the Packers won't draft a quarterback because of the presence of Aaron Rodgers. It would be early to admit that pick was a mistake.

Apr. 7 - 2:31 pm et
Source: ESPN.com Insider

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That's not a good look for him.. Too much yellow/gold.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:
ewwww, vince young in a packer uniform? gross!

Add to the fact he doesnt seem like a cold weather QB, Now if they traded down and got Cutler, I wouldnt be suprised. If VY went to a team like Oakland or Arizona, I would think that is a great fit.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Wouldn't really surprise me at all. Packers have a history of taking QB in the draft if they think there's value. Goes back to the Wolf/Holmgren Days. They subscribe to the theory that you can always get your money out of them. I agree with that approach, BTW.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Good for the Packers! Get VY as far away from Dallas as possible! :eek:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
5Stars said:
He's still in our conference, and could come back to bite the entire NFC in the ACE. Regardless of what anyone thinks of VY, the guy just gets it done.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Len is smoking crack if he thinks the packers are looking at Vince Young. What in the world for? They got maybe the greatest value at quarterback last year since Tom Brady. That kid was rated higher than Alex Smith on alot of teams boards.
Plus if they have a hope of keeping Favre, they can't draft a QB. He'd retire. They could pick just about anything cause they need alot of help, but QB is not one of them.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
5Stars said:
yeah i mean getting a player that has a chance to be the next Michael Jordan of this sport is someone you would want to get away from:rolleyes: . I hope he goes to the Titans instead of anyone from the NFC because he will be special

calico

Reaction score
:laugh2:

WAAAAAAaaaa!! Arron "I am better than everyone...Texas sucks, Mack Brown sucks....waaaaa!!" Rodgers is out the door. It would be just classic that he would take over the pack and take them back to the SB.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
He's still in our conference, and could come back to bite the entire NFC in the ACE. Regardless of what anyone thinks of VY, the guy just gets it done.

I always fine this funny about Vince supporters

Well last I looked Matt and Bush got it done twice to Vince's 1

In fact Matt and Bush beat OK just as many times as Vince has and did it when they where ranked in the top 5 Vince did not

Am I missing something here about winning last I looked USC made 3 apperances in bowls with the Title on the line to Texas's 1 so we should ignore the other two because Vince got it done this year. I am a little :confused: on this can someone tell me how 1 is better than two

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
yeah i mean getting a player that has a chance to be the next Michael Jordan of this sport is someone you would want to get away from:rolleyes: . I hope he goes to the Titans instead of anyone from the NFC because he will be special

Are you serious, or are you drinking? I really doubt that VY WILL EVER be a Michael Jordan of anything! He's going to be lucky if he ever learns how to run a pro offense...

Man, where do you guys come up with this stuff, from a comic book? :eek:

calico

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
I always fine this funny about Vince supporters

Well last I looked Matt and Bush got it done twice to Vince's 1

In fact Matt and Bush beat OK just as many times as Vince has and did it when they where ranked in the top 5 Vince did not

Am I missing something here about winning last I looked USC made 3 apperances in bowls with the Title on the line to Texas's 1 so we should ignore the other two because Vince got it done this year. I am a little :confused: on this can someone tell me how 1 is better than two

Those really have nothing to do with anything at all. If VY would have stayed another year, he would have matched Bush and Co, and beaten OU again.

All that matters is that Vince is a winner and Texas BEAT that USC team for the National ****ing Championship.

****ing haters kill me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
calico said:
Those really have nothing to do with anything at all. If VY would have stayed another year, he would have matched Bush and Co, and beaten OU again.

All that matters is that Vince is a winner and Texas BEAT that USC team for the National ****ing Championship.

****ing haters kill me.

I like Young but I think this is a mistake coming to the NFL this year, he looked good last year for Texas but the year before he looked very bad throwing the ball in many games including a very poor outing aginst OU. I think another year at Texas would have been a big help to him and another thing don't expect Pro teams to run the same style of shotgun option offense as Young did at Texas.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
He could trade in that skullcap thingy for a cheesehead!

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v321/Schenk/VinceYoung.jpg

Kangaroo

Reaction score
calico said:

****ing haters kill me.

Yet USC still has 2 of them; yet we are suppose to forget about all that because Vince did it this year. So everything else Bush or Leinhart did should be forgotten like 2 titles and a shot at a 3rd you still have not answered the question yes Vince go it done this year so have the others.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I think another year at Texas would have been a big help to him and another thing don't expect Pro teams to run the same style of shotgun option offense as Young did at Texas.

Yeah, another year at Texas would have done him a world of good...if he would attend a few classes while he's at it! :eek: