ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli believes the Packers are looking hard at Vince Young

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
joshjwc9 said:
Add to the fact he doesnt seem like a cold weather QB

And Bret "Mississipi, Southern Missisippi, Atlanta, spend my offseasons in Missisippi" Favre does (or did)?

calico

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I like Young but I think this is a mistake coming to the NFL this year, he looked good last year for Texas but the year before he looked very bad throwing the ball in many games including a very poor outing aginst OU. I think another year at Texas would have been a big help to him and another thing don't expect Pro teams to run the same style of shotgun option offense as Young did at Texas.

I agree. But I also don't blame hin. He was holding a lottery ticket and he had to cash it.

The Texas offense was a variation of the Colts offense. The passing schemes were right out of the Colts playbook. This was not the same old Texas offense that Stoops used to watch one play of on tape and them laugh.

Vince is dedicated to what he does and he has ALWAYS proven his critics wrong. He could not throw. Ohio State was going to stop him running and force him to throw. They did, and he tore them apart.

Texas and VY could not beat the "Greatest TEAM EVAAARRRR!!!" in USC. VY would not be able to beat Carrol's "sophistcated" pass defense...oh, and Pete had "a MONTH to prepare...Texas is DOOMMMED!!!"

Vince made them look like a bunch of mongoloid girlscouts.

If Dallas had a player like VY, who will come and work his *** off to get better and not create problems on or off the field...and who maybe had half the heart he does...then Dallas would not have won more than 0 playoff games in the last 10 ****ing years.

Instead, we get TO...

calico

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Yet USC still has 2 of them; yet we are suppose to forget about all that because Vince did it this year. So everything else Bush or Leinhart did should be forgotten like 2 titles and a shot at a 3rd you still have not answered the question yes Vince go it done this year so have the others.

No, I never said that. They have 2 APs and one BCS...good for them. They deserved it. But don't forget to mention that VY did beat them while you are taking away his accomplishments.

DallasKen

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I like Young but I think this is a mistake coming to the NFL this year, he looked good last year for Texas but the year before he looked very bad throwing the ball in many games including a very poor outing aginst OU. I think another year at Texas would have been a big help to him and another thing don't expect Pro teams to run the same style of shotgun option offense as Young did at Texas.

Why would it be a mistake to come out this year? His value will never be higher than what it is now...It would be a mistake to be an idiot and play another year. You can argue till the cows come home that a guy needs another year of learning...but the fact is, money talks. When are you people going to get it through your heads...this isn't the '60s and '70s anymore. Hell, it's not even the early nineties. The league is fueled by money.

billyrags

Reaction score
Wake up! This is a smokescreen delivered via the media. They want teams that might try to trade up ahead of them to think that they don't want Hawk, Super Mario or D'Brick. I don't believe it and neither do the teams. The funny thing to me is that Lenny probably thinks he has the scoop of the draft!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
I always fine this funny about Vince supporters

Well last I looked Matt and Bush got it done twice to Vince's 1

In fact Matt and Bush beat OK just as many times as Vince has and did it when they where ranked in the top 5 Vince did not

Am I missing something here about winning last I looked USC made 3 apperances in bowls with the Title on the line to Texas's 1 so we should ignore the other two because Vince got it done this year. I am a little :confused: on this can someone tell me how 1 is better than two

Yeah, I think you are missing something. You can throw all the 3 to 1 stuff in the mix you want but at the end of the day, Young beat Matt and Bush in the only contest that mattered. You don't have to like Young but you can not deny his success in the time he spent at Texas. It's a matter of record.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Are you serious, or are you drinking? I really doubt that VY WILL EVER be a Michael Jordan of anything! He's going to be lucky if he ever learns how to run a pro offense...

Man, where do you guys come up with this stuff, from a comic book? :eek:

The guy is only stating his opinion, which carry the exact amount of weight as yours does, ZERO. Vince Young, has dominated at the collegant level, so that very well could translate to the pros, does it guarentee it will no but he has had great success. There is no way you or I nor any NFL scout can measure the spirit in any individual period, that is why there are so many lottery flops and late round gems because it is a crap shoot. so please don't attack someone else's opinion like yours is the absolute, cause quite to contrary it is just your opinon.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
calico said:
I agree. But I also don't blame them. He was holding a lottery ticket and he had to cash it.

The Texas offense was a variation of the Colts offense. The passing schemes were right out of the Colts playbook. This was not the same old Texas offense that Stoops used to watch one play of on tape and them laugh.

Vince is dedicated to what he does and he has ALWAYS proven his critics wrong. He could not throw. Ohio State was going to stop him running and force him to throw. They did, and he tore them apart.

Texas and VY could not beat the "Greatest TEAM EVAAARRRR!!!" in USC. VY would not be able to beat Carrol's "sophistcated" pass defense...oh, and Pete had "a MONTH to prepare...Texas is DOOMMMED!!!"

Vince made them look like a bunch of mongoloid girlscouts.

If Dallas had a player like VY, who will come and work his *** off to get better and not create problems on or off the field...and who maybe had half the heart he does...then Dallas would not have won more than 0 playoff games in the last 10 ****ing years.

Instead, we get TO...

Colts are not running pass run option with Manning, the formation may be similar but that is about it. I say this as a die hard Texas fan that has seen every game Young has played at UT and I still think staying another year would have been the best thing for him. As for holding the lottery ticket he is currently falling in the draft add an extra year at Texas and a sure bet to be the odds on for the Hesiman as well as another year to show his abilities throwing the ball I think would have served him a lot more.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
calico said:
No, I never said that. They have 2 APs and one BCS...good for them. They deserved it. But don't forget to mention that VY did beat them while you are taking away his accomplishments.

I am not but one of the reason's people throw out about taking young is he gets it done he is a winner etc etc like the other guys never won a big game.

That was my point the Pro Vince group use that as part of the crutch like Bush and Matt never won anything that Vince should be taken over them because he is a winner blah blah blah.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
calico said:
I agree. But I also don't blame hin. He was holding a lottery ticket and he had to cash it....

:rolleyes: And this, everyone, is exactely what is wrong with the pro athletes these day! It's all about the money, huh?

WHAT ABOUT A FREAKING EDUCATION, FIRST! Then football! That's what most successful pro players do! They stay for the whole 4 years, and TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING FIRST!

Yeah, VY is real smart, I tell ya! :rolleyes:

So are you, my man, calico!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
5Stars said:
:rolleyes: And this, everyone, is exactely what is wrong with the pro athletes these day! It's all about the money, huh?

WHAT ABOUT A FREAKING EDUCATION, FIRST! Then football! That's what most successful pro players do! They stay for the whole 4 years, and TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING FIRST!

Wow!??? What a bunch of crap. This is just so wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

calico

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Colts are not running pass run option with Manning, the formation may be similar but that is about it. I say this as a die hard Texas fan that has seen every game Young has played at UT and I still think staying another year would have been the best thing for him. As for holding the lottery ticket he is currently falling in the draft add an extra year at Texas and a sure bet to be the odds on for the Hesiman as well as another year to show his abilities throwing the ball I think would have served him a lot more.

I am a die hard Texas fan to. I meant the passing routes in general...not the offense overall. Texas brought in the Colts coaches several times and worked their passing system into the offense. This has been brought up several times by scouts but everyone seem to ignore it.

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli believes the Packers are looking hard at Vince Young.

Most observers believe the Packers won't draft a quarterback because of the presence of Aaron Rodgers. It would be early to admit that pick was a mistake.

Apr. 7 - 2:31 pm et
Source: ESPN.com Insider

pastabelly is either out of his mind, or there is more to come in packerland. no way favre, rodgers and young coexist on the same roster. you'd have 1/3 or more of your salary cap tied up on QBs. if the pack goes after young, either favre, or rodgers, or both are history

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Wow!??? What a bunch of crap. This is just so wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

Then don't...it's that easy!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
calico said:
I am a die hard Texas fan to. I meant the passing routes in general...not the offense overall. Texas brought in the Colts coaches several times and worked their passing system into the offense. This has been brought up several times by scouts but everyone seem to ignore it.

All in all I hope things work out for Young, I think he is a very good guy and I do love his leadership ability as well as the guy stays cool and does not get rattled but I still feel the extra year would have made a big differance for him in the long run. What is done is done I wish the best for him

calico

Reaction score
5Stars said:

Wow, you are just figuring this out?? Okay, so I guess if you grew up in a rough neighborhood with your whole family depending on you. Then you have a year like Vince did and win the NC with nothing left to accomplish in college football for you other than an individual award.

If you go to the draft, you are going to make millions upon millions. Do you stay, risking that money if you get injured...or do you cash it in. I hate that he left, but he did what he had to do. He said his mother was against it because of the education and he promised her that he would get it. I would do what he did even if I really did not want to.

It is just one of the many problems in pro sports, but at least it is not the NBA.

But what do I care what you think since you can't argue your points like an adult.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

Agreed ! Hummmm , sign with the NFL for 40 million or continue to work on my accounting degree ? That's a tough one .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
calico said:
Wow, you are just figuring this out?? Okay, so I guess if you grew up in a rough neighborhood with your whole family depending on you. Then you have a year like Vince did and win the NC. There is now nothing left to accomplish in college football for you other than an individual award.

If you go to the draft, you are going to make millions upon millions. Do you stay, risking that money if you get injured...or do you cash it in. I hate that he left, but he did what he had to do. He said his mother was against it because of the education and he promised her that he would get it. I would do what he did even if I really did not want to.

It is just one of the many problems in pro sports, but at least it is not the NBA.

But what do I care what you think since you can't argue your points like an adult.

Young's family is not that bad off, my mom knows them and they do their banking with her. As for money that he can make many of these guys get insurance on themselfs to protect them in case of injury this is not take it now or risk not getting any at all.