News: ESPN: Cowboys make it too easy for opponents to take out Dez Bryant

Ender

Reaction score
How many of you guys were fortunate enough to watch Michael Irvin play? When teams knew we were going to him, they couldn't stop him. I agree that the coaches do not put Dez in favorable situations to succeed, but Dez does nothing to help himself either. Give me a Michael Irvin over this crybaby Dez any day.....

Lol that makes no sense, how does Dez manage to not throw himself the ball? Some of you just say random anecdotal stuff that makes 0 sense.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol that makes no sense, how does Dez manage to not throw himself the ball? Some of you just say random anecdotal stuff that makes 0 sense.

I am also guessing that if every week Jimmy had Irvin running half his routes as go routes, he'd have been less effective too. Irvin was a big strong physical WR. And Johnson used that well.......... slants, out routes, etc. They put Irvin in situations that they knew his strengths would help him dominate. They didn't have Irvin running 9 routes all game long.

ksadler1

Reaction score

What makes no sense? I'm not just talking about one game. Dez gets taken out of games regularly. Did Irvin? Dez has not been a game changer in how long? Irvin was always a game changer. Dez talks the talk, but drops passes when it comes time to walk the walk. Irvin always gave 110% and rarely dropped a pass. I like Dez, but he's nowhere worth the contract he was paid.

And yes, you're correct that Dez can't pass the ball to himself but a QB can only wait a couple secs for a WR to get open before going to his next read.....

Last edited:

Ender

Reaction score
What makes no sense? I'm not just talking about one game. Dez gets taken out of games regularly. Did Irvin? Dez has not been a game changer in how long? Irvin was always a game changer. Dez talks the talk, but drops passes when it comes time to walk the walk. Irvin always gave 110% and rarely dropped a pass. I like Dez, but he's nowhere worth the contract he was paid.

And yes, you're correct that Dez can't pass the ball to himself but a QB can only wait a couple secs for a WR to get open before going to his next read.....

What's system did Mike Irv play in? What system does Dez play in. Who is Dez coach? Who was Mike Irvs coach? Who were mike irv teammates, who are Dez teammates? Your comment makes 0 sense

ksadler1

Reaction score
What's system did Mike Irv play in? What system does Dez play in. Who is Dez coach? Who was Mike Irvs coach? Who were mike irv teammates, who are Dez teammates? Your comment makes 0 sense

Football is football. Garrett played on the same team as Irvin. Garrett has gone on record saying that he has called Jimmy Johnson for advice at times. It's been argued that this OL is better than the OL back then. I definitely doubt that. But for you to say Dez can't get open because of the system he plays in.....COME-ON MAN.....Is Dez a football player or not? Get open and you get the ball. Are you telling me that they design plays that don't allow Dez to get open???.....Talk about ZERO SENSE.....

Last edited:

Playmaker247

Reaction score

Idk where people are getting this dez drops so many passes idea. The first TD thrown to him was a very hard contested catch and knowing dez he usually makes that play but that's far from a drop. The other TD pass was a terrible pass by dak and dez had to jump over the guy just to avoid an interception. If dak had put that ball in the corner of the end zone that would've been an easy TD

Ender

Reaction score
Football is football. Garrett played on the same team as Irvin. Garrett has gone on record saying that he has called Jimmy Johnson for advice at times. It's been argued that this OL is better than the OL back then. I definitely doubt that. But for you to say Dez can't get open because of the system he plays in.....COME-ON MAN.....Is Dez a football player or not? Get open and you get the ball. Are you telling me that they design plays that don't allow Dez to get open???.....Talk about ZERO SENSE.....

Football is football? What does that even mean? That was just a bunch nonsense. Especially if you read the criticism of the article, where the author explains how easily the Cowboys allow Dez to be taken out the game. Or, read another thread posted breaking down the absurd play calling, having Dez run 21 go routes. Garrett used him as a decoy for almost half the plays he was in. This is way you aren't making sense. Because your rambling on with these empty statements and ignoring the facts when presented. Garret, in his own words, said he has no problem with how they're using Dez, and that the offense takes what the defense gives. So clearly, unlike other team who work to give their best players good looks, Garrett no problem with a team takin Dez out the game by doubling our leaving a single safety high.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Look, last season Dez has guys like Moore and Weeden throwing the football for 12 games.

The last time Dez had a full season of Romo throwing him the ball he put up over 1300 yards and 16 TD's.

Can we all stop pretending the problem here is Dez?

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
because hes the white slot guy, NE has one. Just like the love affair with 2 TEs, NE does it.

If Belicheck put wifork at the x for 20 plays, we'd have one too
I've pointed this patriot infatuation out many times. Shows how pathetic a coach Garrett is. Been on the job for 6 years and still can't form his own identity. Even stealing patriot phrases. Sad.

Sydla

Reaction score

And despite that, if you can't see that Irvin was used differently than Garrett uses Bryant, you just aren't paying close enough attention.

links18

Reaction score
Part of Dez's problem is he has Terrance William playing on the other aide of him and a TE who isn't much of a down field threat at this stage of his career and a coaching staff that cant figure out how to use the other TE who is supposed to be a down field threat.

Lutonio

Reaction score
This was a topic on NFL Fantasy earlier this week. All four analysts were livid that the team historically never funnels the offense through Dez. But sure, let's dial up some targets for Beasley as opposed to Dez. Incredible.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Any game plan that ends up getting Witten 10+ targets, and Beasely 10+ targets and Dez 5 targets is a stupid game plan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am so pissed about this, every ******* team has the same game plan to take Dez out and all the idiot Ginger says is that We take what the defense gives us.

"We took what the defense gave us" = "they wouldn't let us"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Any game plan that ends up getting Witten 10+ targets, and Beasely 10+ targets and Dez 5 targets is a stupid game plan.

But that is the whole thing...............THERE IS NO GAME PLAN

All they do is go into the game trying to run the ball overall and then they take what the defense gives them.