News: ESPN: Cowboys presser delayed by Jones paternity case

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’ll just have to wait a little longer to listen to Jerry’s um’s and huh’s talking about how optimistic he is for this upcoming season and how he feels better about this team than he did last year‘s team.

John813

Reaction score
It's vital to hear Jerryisms. Without them, is it really a Dallas Cowboys press conference?

“Look, my daddy grew up on a farm in southwest Missouri. ... Every so often in the spring, the wind would come from a different part of the country, and the moon would set a different way, and the owls would start (expletive) the chickens. The owls are (expletive) the chickens.’’

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Positive of the answer.

Jerry doesn't want to miss it.
Of course Jerry Jones does not want to miss heading up the press conference. He rarely ever removes himself from the limelight of any team-meets-press event.

So, I think you are 100% correct. Even so, it could have been a rare occasion when he allowed a team-related public function to proceed without him.

It is all good for Jones though. The media will be totally aware for why the presser was delayed. The same media could open up questions (after Jones got tired of talking) about his court case since it was the reason behind the delay. In other words, dig for the story (e.g. the paternity suit) behind that day's main story (e.g. the opening of training camp) but that will not happen. Too much of the media treats Jones with kid gloves.

Correction: mittens.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's vital to hear Jerryisms. Without them, is it really a Dallas Cowboys press conference?

“Look, my daddy grew up on a farm in southwest Missouri. ... Every so often in the spring, the wind would come from a different part of the country, and the moon would set a different way, and the owls would start (expletive) the chickens. The owls are (expletive) the chickens.’’
It does prevent everyone from enjoying Stephen Jones' Ted impersonation (from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), while rambling how rodeos are a part of what makes the franchise great.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We’ll just have to wait a little longer to listen to Jerry’s um’s and huh’s talking about how optimistic he is for this upcoming season and how he feels better about this team than he did last year‘s team.
Post of the afternoon lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I wish he would come out and say... well, i agree with all the people on the forum. You know,we are gonna really suck this year. Sorry guys. Drop mic, walk off stage flipping the middle finger.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dallas is approaching a critical level for me. It's unfollowable and getting worse. I haven't given 2 craps about the offseason. Took a little nap and every article is the Jones' illustrating why they're not serious about winning a Super Bowl. It's malpractice. The largest fan base with very little reward, if any!
I should crawl back under the rock.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas is approaching a critical level for me. It's unfollowable and getting worse. I haven't given 2 craps about the offseason. Took a little nap and every article is the Jones' illustrating why they're not serious about winning a Super Bowl. It's malpractice. The largest fan base with very little reward, if any!
I should crawl back under the rock.
DO NOT CRAWL BACK UNDER THAT ROCK!

Jerry Jones found it abandoned and called dibs on squatter's rights.