News: ESPN: Cowboys presser delayed by Jones paternity case

CCBoy

Reaction score
LOL and you wonder why you just can’t put your finger on what’s wrong with the organization.

:facepalm:
I no where saw a law suite for paying for sex that ran up a 380 million tab....(coughing loudly) His accountant books check out as well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you trust him?
No. I do not trust any Jones family members. It is not a matter of trust.

It is a matter of Jones not allowing his narcissism to dictate franchise related responsibilities hinging solely upon his presence. Jones has been absent from press conferences in the past--rare but true. This particular instance should not be any different.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish he would come out and say... well, i agree with all the people on the forum. You know,we are gonna really suck this year. Sorry guys. Drop mic, walk off stage flipping the middle finger.
I get what you’re saying here. But after the last three decades of playoff results, wouldn’t it be refreshing to not have to hear this guy doing same schtick for once? Why does Jerry have to be present and leading the presser? Most normal organizations- you know - the ones winning playoff games - have their head coach lead those things.

plymkr

Reaction score
Tells us everything we need to know about how much authority Stephen and Mike McCarthy have.

Apparently, the team could not possibly hold a press conference without our 81 year old GM’s non-sensical run-on sentences.
I also think it’s a microcosm of the Dallas Cowboys organization and culture. We’re going to delay a football related matter to deal with off the field issues.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I also think it’s a microcosm of the Dallas Cowboys organization and culture. We’re going to delay a football related matter to deal with off the field issues.
This is still real life, but some tasks in an organization are delegated all along the trail.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I get what you’re saying here. But after the last three decades of playoff results, wouldn’t it be refreshing to not have to hear this guy doing same schtick for once? Why does Jerry have to be present and leading the presser? Most normal organizations- you know - the ones winning playoff games - have their head coach lead those things.
C'mon...you want the head coach seen as when Jimmy Johnson was there? Or the owner first seen?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m sure Jerry will have an enjoyable day at his press conference entertaining questions about his paternity case and CeeDee’s hold out. lol

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. It tells all we need to know that Jethro pushing 82 now won’t entrust Stephen.
Or apprently his head coach. Nothing screams “figure head coach” like having him sitting on a stage like a potted plant while the owner and his giggling entitled son ramble on with a bad 28 year list of playoff performances on their resume.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. It tells all we need to know that Jethro pushing 82 now won’t entrust Stephen.
Is it trust? Or narcissism? He trusts his son to have press conferences about hosting rodeos. He and his son have been doing this for decades. What is it that Stephen Jones does not know that Jerry Jones does know at this stage?

Opening a training camp is a big deal for the franchise's front office--like the circus coming to town and pitching its huge tent. Circus without its Ring Master is not a doable option for PT.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IMO Alexandra Davis is obviously his daughter. She certainly favors her older step sister Charlotte.

NihMY2X.jpeg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is it trust? Or narcissism? He trusts his son to have press conferences about hosting rodeos. He and his son have been doing this for decades. What is it that Stephen Jones does not know that Jerry Jones does know at this stage?

Opening a training camp is a big deal for the franchise's front office--like the circus coming to town and pitching its huge tent. Circus without its Ring Master is not a doable option for PT.
It’s probably some of both. But no doubt he has no plans to ever relinquish himself as face of the Cowboys. What a slam on his kids. Sad