News: ESPN: Cowboys presser delayed by Jones paternity case

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s probably some of both. But no doubt he has no plans to ever relinquishing himself as face of the Cowboys. What a slam on his kids.
Neither Stephen Jones nor anyone else in the organization would be overseeing any and all Dallas Cowboys events if it were a lack of trust. Jones would do it all if it was physically possible. He cannot split himself in two for this annual event though--although I kinda wish he would make the attempt.

hmm... Where is Homelander when you really need him...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Neither Stephen Jones nor anyone else in the organization would be overseeing any and all Dallas Cowboys events if it were a lack of trust. Jones would do it all if it was physically possible. He cannot split himself in two for this annual event though--although I kinda wish he would make the attempt.

hmm... Where is Homelander when you really need him...
Right but daddy still oversees all with the last word. The fact at 82 he can’t name his son as GM or whatever overseeing football operations is probably more narcissistic.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This legal battle is all about Jethro’s wife . She’s trying to protect whatever dignity she still has left married to this scum of a husband .

Jethro has know about her for years , since her birth. He’s probably acknowledge if not for his wife.
Sadly, I think Mrs Jones has already lost the dignity battle. There’s only so many pieces of art you can put in a football stadium, lol.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sadly, I think Mrs Jones has already lost the dignity battle. There’s only so many pieces of art you can put in a football stadium, lol.
A reminder that the world's best stadium was organized and built as well.

For perspective, were Texas Rangers saints? Want to offer value on Lyndon Johnson based upon isolated questions as well?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep but she’s still going to fight it for her children. It’s a matter of principle. And I don’t blame her.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Right but daddy still oversees all with the last word. The fact at 82 he can’t name his son as GM or whatever overseeing football operations is probably more narcissistic.
Just a reminder, you talk about a Coorporate Head...not a dart board target for saint hood. Then first would be do you establish the standard for that saint hood?

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Why? Why delay? Stephen is plenty capable. He can give dumb answers, ignorant player evaluations and silly excuses all day long. He is plenty able to fill any little news conference. Now granted he is not as good at it as the old man but he has learned so much at daddy's knee. Jerry pretty much cloned himself with that boy.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I get what you’re saying here. But after the last three decades of playoff results, wouldn’t it be refreshing to not have to hear this guy doing same schtick for once? Why does Jerry have to be present and leading the presser? Most normal organizations- you know - the ones winning playoff games - have their head coach lead those things.
normal teams? Like the Raiders, Bucs, Dolphins, Bills, Niners, Jets, Falcons, Broncos and on and on... you know, teams with "Normal," front offices with ****** teams?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have no idea what you’re talking about.
If left out just hit reset...*(chuckling to self) Stay out of politics. The Olympics are coming along viewing along with Cowboy training camp.

You are already into mid-season form on picking a person and blaming. Jerry.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
its all stilljust a circus it really dont matter because the cowboys are not going to matter much at all this season

fivetwos

Reaction score
Every one of you knows Jerry well enough to know he would never miss this. It’s his big moment.

It usually makes me ill but I’m actually looking forward to him attempting to explain this off-season, where things are going into the future, and humiliate himself with his mouth. He fully deserves it.

plymkr

Reaction score
This is still real life, but some tasks in an organization are delegated all along the trail.
Right. I agree. Jerry’s legal issues with his daughter is real but Jerry could have had Stephen or Will McClay or McCarthy do the presser. I feel it sends a continuous message that partying first, celebrity second, football matters third. And if this is the owner how can we expect different priorities with the players?