News: ESPN: Dak not fretting on deal: 'I don't play for money'

NotForLong

Reaction score
Some of you guys are hilarious. Do I think Dak is one of the 5 best QBs in the NFL? No! Do I think he is one of 15 worst QBs in the NFL? No! He is somewhere in between that. Kirk Cousins....who is OLDER than Dak....is coming off of a torn achilles....just signed for 4 years $180/m with $100m guaranteed. The ECONOMICS that apply to every QB...apply to Dak. This is not rocket science. This is not anything new. Why does it bother you all so much that he is going to get paid? Newsflash.....they ALL get paid. Either Dallas will pay it someone else will....but to think he should not or will not get paid is just a WASTE of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He should not get paid
Sure someone will sign him
That team will be set back 8 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Also in this thread:

Mediocre men whining about a successful man making more money in 1 Sunday than they'll make in their entire lives.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
You got people calling a guy a loser who’s accomplished more than them and their kids ever will lol. Truly amazing lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rare Dak Prescott mistake to the media. The guy typically says all the right things in front of the microphone, but this one may come back to haunt him. "I don't play for money" could be his version of "All in"
I can see not playing for money but that doesn’t mean he will play for less than his worth either. Both can be true.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL right? Literally the MVP runner-up.

Imagine being such a loser that you're personally attacking a pro athlete as successful as Dak Prescott... especially when he plays for the team you root for!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Right. Has excelled inside of football and outside football but he oozes loser lol….mind you they talk about him 24/7 lol.

RS12

Reaction score
LOL right? Literally the MVP runner-up.
He didn't get one first place place vote. But I would rather hear about his most valuable performances against GB, SF, Buff and Arizona last year, and SF in the playoffs the year before The great disappearing QB. Don't bother I already know the fan boy talking points, it is a team game and everybody elses fault. But really wouldn't you say his greatest feat is his 2 and 5 playoff record as a starting QB? I mean nobody else ever accomplished that. Yep by all means lets continue to throw money at a QB who has proven he cant get it done when the lights are bright. See how I did all that without appearing to be posting as a teenage girl? Yeah I know I must be a real loser.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
When you're the highest paid you're expected to make those around you better and elevate your play
That's the Joneses expectation. Smart people make those players who elevate those around them the highest paid players. That is a stark difference.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Cool. He should do like Steve Jobs or whoever that famous CEO was that did something like it: take a $1 dollar salary, and $49,999,999 if he leads a team to a SB win. After all, he believes in himself.

plymkr

Reaction score
Cool. He should do like Steve Jobs or whoever that famous CEO was that did something like it: take a $1 dollar salary, and $49,999,999 if he leads a team to a SB win. After all, he believes in himself.
Actually would be a great idea. It’ll never happen but in theory that would be awesome.

stiletto

Reaction score
We’ve had rapists, drug abusers, domestic abusers….and it’s Dak the one you hate the most. :laugh:
People go overboard.... Dak is not a bad person but he has also profited HIGHLY from being the Dallas Cowboys QB. He's a wealthy man now, so it is easy for him to say, "I don't play for money." If he had said "I want to be paid fairly" it would be more acceptable to me but that would make his agent swallow his tie because he'd only be getting about what Kirk Cousins got instead of the $55-$60/mil his agent wants.