ESPN Dallas: Pearson: Bryant showed 'T.O.-type emotion'...w/audio | video/post #39

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3722168 said:
Dez will be fine man... Have some dezcorn. It's very scrumptious and relaxing.

Well I was eating the Dezcorn when I felt he was humble. That crying cost us a couple of downs in closing minutes.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Well whatever he was peeved about (it's probably everything rolled into one very bad day at the office) he was different than T.O. after the game. He kept his mouth shut and went home.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rocyaice;3722096 said:
The scary thing is TO wasn't even TO his rookie year. Dez needs some humbling and QUICK.

Yeah, he's really been out of control and his bad attitude and tantrums are clearly disrupting the team.

:rolleyes:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Everyone has their pet peeves on this board, and the incessant lamentation and hand-wringing over perceived sideline behavior is mine. Unless we're actually on the sideline or in the locker room, we have no way of knowing what was said or how it will impact the team.

Could Dez's tantrum indicate some team-destroying, diva behavior? Certainly. But we have no way of knowing. Only time will tell us so there's no point in discussing it.

newlander

Reaction score
Pearson is right and millions noticed it. This is the volatility and immaturity that knocked him down in the draft....very worried now about this kid. He needs to grow up and fast. Don't know if he can do it, but time will tell. T.O. is just now on the right meds and old enough to have learned: hopefully it won't take Dez that long.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The buzz word is T.O. type of emotion, but if anyone actually listened or read the rest of the blog, he wasn't bashing Dez.

The money quote:

Pearson said the Cowboys can’t try to suppress Bryant’s emotion, because the first-round pick thrives off it. But the All-70s receiver believes that Bryant needs to learn to channel that emotion in a more productive manner – “within the flow of the game.”

We can all acknowledge that we don't know exactly what happened on the sideline rant. But in a situation like that, he's got to work on focusing on the next play. Use that passion to make the other team pay on the field.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;3722222 said:
Yeah, he's really been out of control and his bad attitude and tantrums are clearly disrupting the team.

Locker room cancer. I knew it!

kmd24

Reaction score
percyhoward;3722076 said:
I think it's messed up that he saw the same play earlier when we were down by two touchdowns, but didn't decide to throw a flag until the fourth, when we were driving to take the lead.

Selective officiating.

I think it could be argued that Witten was reset before the snap in the second play. Otherwise, it would have been an illegal motion penalty for Witten moving toward the line of scrimmage at the snap.

kmd24

Reaction score
I can't find the link right now (might have been in Garrett's post game PC), but from what I understand, Dez was upset because the ref told him to move forward a step, and then threw a flag on him when he did.

I can see how that would be more upsetting than merely having a penalty called on you.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
kmd24;3722338 said:
I can't find the link right now (might have been in Garrett's post game PC), but from what I understand, Dez was upset because the ref told him to move forward a step, and then threw a flag on him when he did.

I can see how that would be more upsetting than merely having a penalty called on you.

yep. That's pretty much what I ascertained too.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
kmd24;3722333 said:
I think it could be argued that Witten was reset before the snap in the second play. Otherwise, it would have been an illegal motion penalty for Witten moving toward the line of scrimmage at the snap.
I'd say Witten was definitely moving at the snap, but he wasn't moving forward, just facing forward. I honestly don't know what the rule is. In one place I found it says that if two players are moving, one of them must be set at least two seconds before the snap. If that's the case though, the line judge was cutting it way too close when he threw the flag on the other play.

But the rule book at nfl.com doesn't say anything about the two seconds. So if it really was for "moving while the motion man was moving" as the ref said, it should have been called on the other play too, as Witten was the motion man on that play.

Your explanation from the PC about Dez taking his cue from the line judge explains why he was on the sideline pointing at the ground.

T-RO

Reaction score
We just dumped Coach Cupcake...who had an excuse for everything.

But we still got a bunch of frosting-licking fans on this forum who continue to excuse and defend.

The team better sit on this boy hard now and help him grow up. If we don't we'll have a player who perpetually lets his own emotional immaturity impede individual and TEAM success.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
T-RO;3722440 said:
But we still got a bunch of frosting-licking fans on this forum who continue to excuse and defend.

:hammer: <-- more related to the overtly aggressive defense of Roy Barron...

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

That said... I will lick my frost and say Dez will be fine. No need to worry.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
casmith07;3722279 said:
Dez was mad at the ref. Let's not make this more than what it is.
Too late. An 8 pager on how much of a "cancer" the kid is and how the coaching staff needs to "control" him (as if he's some wild mustang that needs breaking)! Losing seasons bring out the worst in fans & commom sense seems to fade as the losses mount...

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
A little late to this party but this is the epitome of making a mountain out of a molehill. He is an emotionally charged guy, but that is a good thing, IMHO. He may be slightly emotionally immature (he is a kid), but he is no trouble-maker.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Just a matter of time before Dez becomes a whipping boy. Most fans don't like out spoken, emotional, diva receivers around these parts. ;)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
People including Pearson seem to fail at understanding what issues TO had that divided the team.

Complaining about not getting the ball which is something he did a lot of was not the issue.

His issue was his locker room politics. Its pretty obvious that TO tried to turn the locker room against the trio of Garrett, Romo and Witten. You see the fruits of his labor in guys like Choice.

If he would have been in Kitna's face freaking out I would be worried because while they did try to force the ball to Dez, Kitna's throws were bad.

Thomas82

Reaction score
BHendri5;3721661 said:
It was not a big deal. Drew thought it was one thing, he was wrong. Nothing to worry about.

BlueStar3398;3721664 said:
That's why I think it was the penalty that Dez was upset about. Surely if he was throwing a tantrum about not getting the ball, Sherman wouldn't be smiling and hugging him? I would think he'd be annoyed if Dez was throwing a hissy fit about that. :laugh2:

:hammer:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Can we try to end this thread pertaining to Dez is a lockerroom hazard just like TO?

He wasn't asking for the ball. He was mad that they called the penalty on him.