1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

ESPN: Debunking the Dak contract debate

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nav22, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

23,968 Messages
    10,522 Likes Received
    Big fat irrelevant point.

2. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

17,464 Messages
    18,212 Likes Received
    Agreed. Both sides have screwed this up more or less. Now the agent is scrambling to make up the money he may or may not have cost Dak. He is not brady or mahomes, which I need to see more of mahomes before I would be sold in blowing the ceiling out of the QB market. He threw 2 picks in the SB and if the 49ers just set back and ran the ball down there throats then that game would have been very different.

3. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

22,788 Messages
    39,016 Likes Received
    glimm, these agents don't operate in a vacuum. Prescott was a full participant in those negotiations and I would bet, more than once, his agent pointed out this was guaranteed money vs the unknown into the season. He decided to bet it all on himself and he's at the window for his winnings now.

I really do think part of this is mental and not as much about the money. You roll it all on yourself, you expect a reward for that because most wouldn't do that.

glimmerman likes this.
  4. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

17,464 Messages
    18,212 Likes Received
    At the end of the day you can bet on yourself all you want. Your not gonna get more than a certain amount. Now I understand a extra million is a extra million. That’s a lot of money. Dak as The QB for The Dallas Cowboys will bring him endorsement money he would not get with another team. He needs to consider the perks. Like working for the city or the county. You may not make the most you could somewhere else but the health insurance and retirement makes up for it...

5. 12+88=7

12+88=7 Well-Known Member

593 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    He is saying if you don't see it your not smart enough, questioning intelligence.

If you do see it, you don't have integrity, questioning one's character.

Questioning one's intelligence and character, is that not insulting someone? Most would say yes.

6. Nav22

Nav22 Benched

9,395 Messages
    8,865 Likes Received
    Your bottom lip’s quivering.

7. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

12,592 Messages
    5,516 Likes Received
    No, because somehow their perception of Dak being so good is confirmed because Jerry and Stephen think so too!

8. Williamsboys

Williamsboys Well-Known Member

560 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    Comparing Dak Prescott to Goff and Wentz is like that kid coming home with a "C" on his report card..
    When Mom and Dad ask if he can do better he remarks.."I did better than my friend who got a "D"

9. CowboyoWales

CowboyoWales Active Member

258 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Give him 5th year (in the region of) $40/45m, $15m (or so) guaranteed.

10. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

9,550 Messages
    8,670 Likes Received

This is so @USArmyVet LMAO

Nav22 likes this.
  11. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

2,308 Messages
    2,166 Likes Received
    Every single quarterback in the NFL with enough starts to qualify for consideration here, except for Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Russell Wilson, have "losing records against winning teams." Who has the better coaching, defensive play, and special teams play between these 3 teams we are using? I'm by no means advocating that Prescott is a top 5 QB, as I am not a giant fan boy, but he is certainly on par with most of the league in production, and skillset, and has plenty enough talent to win. Our issues (as I believe no one can argue with) have been plentiful, and QB has been one the least of our concerns.

12. Williamsboys

Williamsboys Well-Known Member

560 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    Jerry and Stephen Jones the first three years.."I think our 4th round find at quarterback can win us a Super Bowl"
    Jerrah and Stephen Jones after hearing the numbers..."Can we win a Super Bowl with this 4th round quarterback??"

13. QuincyCarterEra

9,550 Messages
    8,670 Likes Received
    I kind of like this analogy, except one big detail is completely wrong.

In this instance, the kid(Stephen and Jerry) got an A- on their paper, now the teacher is offering the chance of getting a mystery grade as an alternative to the A-. There's a 90% chance that you will be downgrading from a A-, BUT THINK ABOUT IF WE HIT THAT 10! It's sad how many of our dumb fans think this way, unfortunately.

14. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,767 Messages
    17,433 Likes Received
    I've been wrong about what? I've never given this thing a deadline until this year.

15. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

8,572 Messages
    23,257 Likes Received
    You should know that you're considered a joke on here :laugh::laugh:

imagine debating football with someone that think Dak is actually a top-qb

PAPPYDOG likes this.
  16. QuincyCarterEra

9,550 Messages
    8,670 Likes Received
    Dak has only been eligible for a contract extension for one season, so we all know Mammidog is getting caught lying again LMAO

:muttley::facepalm:

17. QuincyCarterEra

9,550 Messages
    8,670 Likes Received
    I let you know that you're the clown of the forum, and so now you have to tell other people that expose you that they're a joke? If you aren't smart at least be original

Lol. You're continually embarrassing yourself LilWillie

18. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

8,572 Messages
    23,257 Likes Received
    Im a clown, yet im always on your mind?
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You dont exist to me. Ive owned you on here for years now. Youre not even on my radar.

I know that hurts but its the truth, holmes :laugh:

PAPPYDOG likes this.
  19. CowboyoWales

258 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, JJ has also taken the "forget the damn cap" theory when giving overpriced Zeke and Amari contracts.

Dak is the highest paid player (Cap Hit) in 2020 so long as he signs the Franchise Tag.

20. CowboyoWales

258 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Not doubt you're correct.

Id go as far as his agent's trying to get a 3 year contract and then "next man up" after Mahomes mega deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.