News: ESPN: Dez Bryant: 'Don't test my loyalty'

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IRVING, Texas -- Dez Bryant says he would prefer to retire as a member of the Dallas Cowboys, but feeling respected by the franchise he plays for is a higher priority for the Pro Bowl receiver.

With Bryant in the final season of his rookie contract, that respect is measured in the money being offered to him during slow negotiations for a new deal.

"It's all about respect. It's all about respect," Bryant said Wednesday. "I am a very loyal person, but just don't test my loyalty."

Read Article

Reactions: BAT

Frozen700

Reaction score
I hear him. Pay him or let him walk. Either way he will get his money. There are maybe 1 or 2 other people who I feel deserve a boat load. Dez is 1 of them.

I would not blame him for leaving, and all those who could care less or think we should under pay him. I hope he makes us feel his wrath. So we could be miserable on sundays.

Join the Eagles Dez, Torch us if we disrespect you.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hear him. Pay him or let him walk. Either way he will get his money. There are maybe 1 or 2 other people who I feel deserve a boat load. Dez is 1 of them.

I would not blame him for leaving, and all those who could care less or think we should under pay him. I hope he makes us feel his wrath. So we could be miserable on sundays.

Join the Eagles Dez, Torch us if we disrespect you.

I want to see Dez get paid but you sound as if your more of a Dez fan than a Cowboys fan. If he ask for more than Calvin Johnson should Dallas pay that?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The one guy who gives a $!!! about playing football and they want to play hardball with him. Smh

Not hardball. Just negotiate.

They did it with Jeter.

All ended well. I expect same here.

Otherwise, he will be a Commander!

Don't want that!!!!

Frozen700

Reaction score
I want to see Dez get paid but you sound as if your more of a Dez fan than a Cowboys fan. If he ask for more than Calvin Johnson should Dallas pay that?

Hell No

Just don't try him like the Garcons of the world. Or Desean Jackson. Pay him Elite money, does not have to be Calvin, or more.

I'm a huge Dez fan, a bigger Cowboys fan. I seen the contracts we dished out to guys, who showed the flash, but never the heart. Dez shows the heart, and he is more than just a flash. We need to pay him period, or rebuild.

This will end up like Moss, if we don't pay this guy. Difference is, he might end up on a better team than Moss ever did(Besides Pats) and win a ring.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
i'm beginning to wonder if maybe somehow the uncertainty of Romo's future (specifically his longevity) is linked to this in some way

i.e. the organization wouldn't want to be paying Megatron money to Dez with potentially a Weeden caliber QB throwing to him after Tony retires

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hell No

Just don't try him like the Garcons of the world. Or Desean Jackson. Pay him Elite money, does not have to be Calvin, or more.

I'm a huge Dez fan, a bigger Cowboys fan. I seen the contracts we dished out to guys, who showed the flash, but never the heart. Dez shows the heart, and he is more than just a flash. We need to pay him period, or rebuild.

This will end up like Moss, if we don't pay this guy. Difference is, he might end up on a better team than Moss ever did(Besides Pats) and win a ring.

I agree but frankly Jerry seldom is accused of low balling if anything most accuse him of over paying. Dez speech was just that it is posturing, we have no idea of what the Cowboys have offered nor do we know what Dez is demanding.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I agree but frankly Jerry seldom is accused of low balling if anything most accuse him of over paying. Dez speech was just that it is posturing, we have no idea of what the Cowboys have offered nor do we know what Dez is demanding.

I hear you my brother.

I just hope we can hold onto this guy. He plays 100% every Down. Can't say that about past Cowboys.

Unless we are in position to Draft someone on Dez's talent level, or willing to go after Calvin, and just pay him(Which is the only guy I'd give Dez up for) Then, we better pay him

Williams, Beasley, Harris, and Street. Are going to leave us with long faces come game day.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

There was just a thread the other day they offered him 10 years $114 million.

DiResta

Reaction score
I dont want to hear this posturing from either side. I dont think it helps Dez image to talk about how great he is and how he deserves credit. he is a top receiver but he isnt the only one. he deserves to be paid well and I have no doubt he will I just wish he would let his agent handle all the pr.

conner01

Reaction score
dez will be paid well. this is just part of the process we see with players all over the league. one thing for sure, jerry has never been accused of being cheap. but he does have to look at the big picture. what we pay dez affects our ability to keep other guys, and nt just this year but down the road when you have to sign this oline too.
i have total confidence that in the end dez will be a cowboy for many years

cej757

Reaction score
I dont want to hear this posturing from either side. I dont think it helps Dez image to talk about how great he is and how he deserves credit. he is a top receiver but he isnt the only one. he deserves to be paid well and I have no doubt he will I just wish he would let his agent handle all the pr.

Dez doesn't want to get franchised and I think that's where we're headed here. Don't be surprised if he holds out next season.

cej757

Reaction score
dez will be paid well. this is just part of the process we see with players all over the league. one thing for sure, jerry has never been accused of being cheap. but he does have to look at the big picture. what we pay dez affects our ability to keep other guys, and nt just this year but down the road when you have to sign this oline too.
i have total confidence that in the end dez will be a cowboy for many years

He tried to be cheap with Emmitt and it almost cost us a Super Bowl in 93

DallasInDC

Reaction score

I was thinking that sounds more like an undercover Eagles fan to me. I agree Dez deserves to get paid and if the Cowboys low ball him, I won't blame him for movinh on. However, if he does, pray its to an AFC team.

Keifer

Reaction score
The one guy who gives a $!!! about playing football and they want to play hardball with him. Smh

This isnt the 90s when there were no consequences for high payed players. I hope we can pay Dez the bare minimum and spread the saved money around where it can help the team.
Whether he gives us a hometown discount or not he is going to be filthy stupid rich once he signs his contract and there is no disrespect in trying to put yourself in position financially to build a winning team. Its not like Jerry is going to put the saved cap money in his pocket.