News: ESPN: Dez Bryant: 'Don't test my loyalty'

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter who it is...

The Lions could offer us Megatron for free as long as it means taking on his contract and I'd still say no.

Overpaying for ONE wide receiver is not the way to win.

As hard as it us to beleive, Dez isn't irreplaceable. Give me 3 quality receivers much like the Giants had when they won their last super bowl and let some other team pay $100 million for Dez. He might throw up some flashy numbers, but they'd also be losing out on signing other pieces to make their TEAM better.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter who it is...

The Lions could offer us Megatron for free as long as it means taking on his contract and I'd still say no.

Overpaying for ONE wide receiver is not the way to win.

As hard as it us to beleive, Dez isn't irreplaceable. Give me 3 quality receivers much like the Giants had when they won their last super bowl and let some other team pay $100 million for Dez. He might throw up some flashy numbers, but they'd also be losing out on signing other pieces to make their TEAM better.

I agree with a lot of where you're coming from, and no one wants to overpay for Dez (or any position, really) but I think some people are way too focused on that "100 mil" number. Guaranteed money is what matters.

Calvin Johnson's deal isn't based just on what he does on the field, he's worth a lot more than just his TD catches to that franchise.

Johnson is in year 3 of his "7 year, 100+ million" deal, and if the team needed to, they could cut him in 2017 and save about 50m of it, and that includes dead money. More than likely, they'll restructure it.

I think everyone agrees that you don't want an anchor around your neck that stops you from making moves, but it'd be silly to think the front office isn't thinking the same thing, especially after getting burned by guys like Ratliff and Miles.

ragman

Reaction score
I always have to laugh when I hear an athlete say, "It's not about the money." When an athlete says that, it's ALWAYS about the money. Why do they even bother saying that?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The notion of 'I'm loyal, but don't test my loyalty' is funny to me. What good is your loyalty if it can't survive a contract test, Dez?

Not that I think Dez should be all that loyal in this situation. I think he's right that he's put in the work and delivers on the field and so he should get paid. I just see the title of the thread and scratch my head.

phildadon86

Reaction score
According to Jerry, Dez talking and his responses were all talked about previous to it happening. So, i dont know why this is being so deeply evaluated.