News: ESPN: Dez Bryant: 'Don't test my loyalty'

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't think Dez is or should sacrifice but as I have mentioned before I don't think Dez should get any contract he wants. I have said it over and over he does not deserve CJ or Fitz money he has had very good season but never to the level they have. Dez may reach that but as of now he has not. He in my view is a top 5 and should be paid as such but any situation where he is looking for CJ or Fitz money sorry I don't think Dallas should. In terms of QB Romo deal ranks him 8th in the NFL QB's

Thanks I didn't know that. So he's about right where he needs to be. Hmmmmm I don't recall him asking for more respect during negotiations either.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I never said any one should sacrifice. I said I don't want the franchise put in a position to lose defensive players that are pretty good to sign one WR. That unit is already hurting, it can't take more hits to sign one WR. Dez should know this.

Oh he should? Just like Romo knows also.

Me personally I think they both should not be getting paid that much. For team sake.

Fair is Fair though. At the time of Romo's extension, he was not a top 3 QB, barely top 5 if that. He still got paid like 1.

Dez is a top 3 WR. So he should get paid close to it, or like 1. Fair is fair.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh I agree, don't even think Fitz should be getting that money.

Not sure CJ should be getting that money. lol Then we both would agree there is a limit in what Dallas should offer? I expect Dez and his agents to go after as much as they can I expect them to ask for more than what the Cowboys offer. Jerry has never shied away from paying out big money hell he is more often accused of overpaying not short changing. He also has other FA that are critical to this team and they too need to be signed so I do hope he keeps it within top 5 without going to extreme. As good as Dez is this team will not go anywhere with Romo and Dez and a bunch of JAGS

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Me personally I think they both should not be getting paid that much. For team sake.

Fair is Fair though. At the time of Romo's extension, he was not a top 3 QB, barely top 5 if that. He still got paid like 1.

So we agree.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Thanks I didn't know that. So he's about right where he needs to be. Hmmmmm I don't recall him asking for more respect during negotiations either.

I agree and fact is as other QB who are entering into FA Romo will fall further behind them in terms of top paid QB's. I'm not going to let Dez word frustrate me he is posturing for a big pay day.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I guess after all, we do, huh? lol

It's a valid argument for both sides really. But our history of paying one player to sacrifice a few others is why we sucked for so long.
In the end, I want those years behind us and it has to start some where.

Frozen700

Reaction score
It's a valid argument for both sides really. But our history of paying one player to sacrifice a few others is why we sucked for so long.
In the end, I want those years behind us and it has to start some where.

I agree with you brother.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
What has Romo done? Gee, I don't know...how about making this otherwise terrible team relevant.

I know, can't believe there are still those who don't have a clue how much Romo has carried this team over the years. Just clueless. What has Romo done without Dez? Give me a break.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Love Dez, but outside of Cowboy land you'd have a more people than not that'd say Dez is not a top 3 WR.

Just because many of us might think it, does not make it so.

Here is a list in no particular order that various people around the country might include in their top top 5.

Demaryius Thomas
AJ Green
Antonio Brown
Brandon Marshall
Julio Jones
Dez Bryant
Calvin Johnson
Josh Gordon
Jordy Nelson
Jeremy Maclin
Alshon Jeffery
Desean Jackson
Andre Johnson
Vincent Jackson
Larry Fitzgerald
Randal Cobb
Emanuel Sanders
Mike Wallace

I'm sure I left out a few too...guys like Hilton, Crabtree, Harvin, etc.
And in my opinion, clearly several on the list do not belong there. Some are maybe living on past success, etc.

But even if you cut it in half, right or wrong, you'd be surprised how many would not put Dez in the top 3 or maybe even the top 7.

Dez currently 10th in yards per game and is in the top 8 (5 way tie for 4th) in TDs
Last year he was 15th in the league in yards per game and was tied for 3rd in TDs.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Who is then?

And why isn't Dez?

Franchise players on this team in my eyes. Tyron Smith, Dez Bryant, Tony Romo. An argument can be made for Witten, but hes getting up there. Apprently Dez isnt franchise worthy, so next year we can roll with williams as our number one. Cant wait to see the reactions on this board when we can no longer run the ball because Romo is only throwing to witten.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Exactly!

They really believe these things. It's easy to hide behind a cowboys board and say things like that.

I bet they never venture out to an all sports forum. 90% of these members would get laughed at, and called homers.

Yup. The same people are making comments about his dropped balls, yet say re-signing murray is number one priority. Ill take an incomplete over a fumble any day. But hey, what do i know.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Franchise players on this team in my eyes. Tyron Smith, Dez Bryant, Tony Romo. An argument can be made for Witten, but hes getting up there. Apprently Dez isnt franchise worthy, so next year we can roll with williams as our number one. Cant wait to see the reactions on this board when we can no longer run the ball because Romo is only throwing to witten.

Hahaha For real.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Love Dez, but outside of Cowboy land you'd have a more people than not that'd say Dez is not a top 3 WR.

Just because many of us might think it, does not make it so.

Here is a list in no particular order that various people around the country might include in their top top 5.

Demaryius Thomas
AJ Green
Antonio Brown
Brandon Marshall
Julio Jones
Dez Bryant
Calvin Johnson
Josh Gordon
Jordy Nelson
Jeremy Maclin
Alshon Jeffery
Desean Jackson
Andre Johnson
Vincent Jackson
Larry Fitzgerald
Randal Cobb
Emanuel Sanders
Mike Wallace

I'm sure I left out a few too...guys like Hilton, Crabtree, Harvin, etc.
And in my opinion, clearly several on the list do not belong there. Some are maybe living on past success, etc.

But even if you cut it in half, right or wrong, you'd be surprised how many would not put Dez in the top 3 or maybe even the top 7.

Dez currently 10th in yards per game and is in the top 8 (5 way tie for 4th) in TDs
Last year he was 15th in the league in yards per game and was tied for 3rd in TDs.

Yeah Venture to other forums, where everybody is a fan of different teams.

I believe most would have a list like this

Calvin
AJ
Brandon
Dez

He would def be top 5. The article has hit various sports forums, a ton of fans are hoping we are dumb enough to not sign him. Mainly Commanders and Eagle fans. A thread I was watching they were actually fighting over him.

1 Guy made a comment that Dez was overrated and he got flamed, real quick.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

I haven't seen one person say that. What I'm reading is no one wants to pay him top dollar like he's a number one.
To many others on the team need to be signed to. Maybe some will restructure like Frozen said.
But I wouldn't sell the farm to keep Dez.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I haven't seen one person say that. What I'm reading is no one wants to pay him top dollar like he's a number one.
To many others on the team need to be signed to. Maybe some will restructure like Frozen said.
But I wouldn't sell the farm to keep Dez.

Actually you said that, 3 pages ago.