ESPN Excoriates Jerry

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
"For the sake of Texas, will Jerry Jones ever give the crazy talk a rest?"…

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...es-outrageous-comments-greg-hardy-perspective

:popcorn:

As usual they hear what they want to hear and are making bank off the back off the back of the "despicable" Jerry Jones. The same with SAS. I don't read their articles because I can recite them in my sleep. No journalistic integrity.

Case in point: Mike & Mike are conveniently leaving out Jerry's point that Hardy is a leader in PRACTICE.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Jerry can hire some of the people :espn: has laid off recently. :D

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Okay, okay -- being a curious sort, I looked it up. It means to either cut the skin off or denounce strongly.

Who knew . . . anyone? :huh:

VACowboy

Reaction score
I never fail to be amazed by the "journalists" who make a living quoting soundbites, taking them out of context and reporting a sensationalized story as fact. These people have no idea what kind of guy Hardy is in the locker room. All they know is that Hardy allegedly pushed his ex-girlfriend around, paid her off and isn't particularly contrite about anything. They don't like him. He plays for the Dallas Cowboys. Instant story.

My problem is, Jerry knew all this and magnified the whole thing by 100x. I like Jerry. I think he's a good owner. But regardless of how right you are (not saying he is or isn't), sometimes you just have to keep your mouth shut (that means Hardy too).

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Somebody used the wrong pic of David FLeming at the head of that article.

It should be this

pwnskguqfbsuxx6n175l.jpg

visionary

Reaction score
I never fail to be amazed by the "journalists" who make a living quoting soundbites, taking them out of context and reporting a sensationalized story as fact. These people have no idea what kind of guy Hardy is in the locker room. All they know is that Hardy allegedly pushed his ex-girlfriend around, paid her off and isn't particularly contrite about anything. They don't like him. He plays for the Dallas Cowboys. Instant story.

My problem is, Jerry knew all this and magnified the whole thing by 100x. I like Jerry. I think he's a good owner. But regardless of how right you are (not saying he is or isn't), sometimes you just have to keep your mouth shut (that means Hardy too).

Jerry is derided as a football idiot because that is exactly who he is

He is a used car salesman who had enough money to buy the cowboys

That is his point of reference

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I will pose this question again....if Hardy was playing for ANY OTHER TEAM, would this article even be written?

Aldon Smith signs with Oakland and we don't hear a peep about it.

Ray McDonald continues to play for the Niners....hardly a word.

Johnny Jolly is basically a drug mule....feel free to play for the Packers without any criticism.

Adrian Peterson beats his children....to the point of leaving *permanent* marks on them and to kids that are so young that they don't know any better....HEY HE WAS IN TALKS WITH THE COWBOYS ILLEGALLY AND TRYING TO GET HIMSELF TRADED instead of holding the Vikings and Peterson to the same standard that they are trying to hold the Cowboys and Hardy to.

The real frauds in all of this is the media who cannot keep any consistency because they do not care about Hardy or his ex-gf. They just want to write down or say what they can to grab viewer/reader interest.

YR

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I will pose this question again....if Hardy was playing for ANY OTHER TEAM, would this article even be written?

Johnny Jolly is basically a drug mule....feel free to play for the Packers without any criticism.

Adrian Peterson beats his children....to the point of leaving *permanent* marks on them and to kids that are so young that they don't know any better....HEY HE WAS IN TALKS WITH THE COWBOYS ILLEGALLY AND TRYING TO GET HIMSELF TRADED instead of holding the Vikings and Peterson to the same standard that they are trying to hold the Cowboys and Hardy to.

The real frauds in all of this is the media who cannot keep any consistency because they do not care about Hardy or his ex-gf. They just want to write down or say what they can to grab viewer/reader interest.

YR

And Jerry loves every minute of it!

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score

YR

everything that you wrote is true.
On the other hand I really do wish that Jerry would sometimes keep his thoughts to himself. His reaction to Hardy's quotes about Giselle was tone deaf at best. At worst he sounded like an idiot. And the said part about it is that he is far from an idiot.

eternaljester81

Reaction score
Jerry is derided as a football idiot because that is exactly who he is

He is a used car salesman who had enough money to buy the cowboys

That is his point of reference

That's an ignorant statement. The man a captain on a National Championship team at Arkansas. He's also been in the NFL for over 25 years. You don't think he knows a thing or two about football? You can dislike Jerry for countless other reasons, but saying he has no football intelligence is baseless.

slick325

Reaction score
Didn't read the article because I already know what it would say...actually, these pieces are templates and they merely change the Cowboys players name.

DMN writer David Moore had an interesting take on why Jerry chose to talk extension for Hardy. Didn't read the other posts to see if it was referenced but Moore thinks it was a message from Jerry in public as a reminder that Hardy is playing for a long term deal. Not just in Dallas but for other teams as well. Thus, he needs to be on his best behavior. This could be plausible. Jerry appears to be supportive so as not to alienate an emotionally volitale player but also lets him know that the behavior is being monitored and taken into account.

Not sure if that is giving Jerry too much credit but say what you will of him, Jerry is an astute businessman and far from dumb.

Last edited: