ESPN Excoriates Jerry

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
How would Moore know that? Obviously, I'm not a Panthers fan, so I didn't follow the team when Hardy played for them, but I don't re3call ever hearing anything in the news about his behavior. The only time I recall hearing Hardy's name was in reference to his play on the field. I did not (nor will I) read the article nor did I hear him on the FAN, but I find it kind of amusing that these media types can make all these statements as if they're fact with no proof of truth. They scream about Hardy's lack of accountability and contriteness while ignoring their own.

Please read above!! Never said it was fact. Moore and the Hardline said this would be his best behavior....9/11 text, Brady wife reference, coach board slapping, etc....if he was trying to make a new start here and get a new contract. In that context. And that is reality. His fresh start has been what has happened so far.

Why is a Jerry babbling thread digressing into Hardy anyways?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Ray McDonald was released by the 9ers. Signed with the Vikings, and the summarily dumped after yet another incident. I believe he's out of the NFL at the moment.

He was released by the 49ers after the season. Not when he just came off the incident. And they released him because he is 31 years old, not because they were taking the moral high ground.

And he signed with the Bears, not the Vikings.

YR

slick325

Reaction score
Well that is what they were talking about. This day and age its harder to hide things..even from a few years back. Haley seemed "off" when a Cowboy and we all read about his edge but it was never public until after those days were gone and books and stories came out. I had heard when Hardy's ex teammates were interviewed that he could be difficult but there was never a blow up shown. But honestly, if he is playing for a contract then right now he is trying to be on his best behavior. I think he is a time bomb.

Now back to the OP stuff....silly Jerry babblings.

Hardy definitely is a different breed. Haley was as well...as you mentioned. Every team in the League has them even the Pats had Aaron Hernandez who barely interacted with teammates while with their team. Not all of these different type of guys end up being ticking time bombs though...most times it is contained.

We shall see HoustonFrog.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Please read above!! Never said it was fact. Moore and the Hardline said this would be his best behavior....9/11 text, Brady wife reference, coach board slapping, etc....if he was trying to make a new start here and get a new contract. In that context. And that is reality. His fresh start has been what has happened so far.

Why is a Jerry babbling thread digressing into Hardy anyways?

I did not say that you said it was fact, but you certainly did reference what Moore said on the Ticket and I simply responded to that.

Miller

Reaction score
Hardy definitely is a different breed. Haley was as well...as you mentioned. Every team in the League has them even the Pats had Aaron Hernandez who barely interacted with teammates while with their team. Not all of these different type of guys end up being ticking time bombs though...most times it is contained.

Agree. His talent is off the charts. They did also mention that they thought winning games would be masking some of this. Haley on a .500 90s team would have caught more flack probably. The losing is making Hardy more front and center. His best bet is to just play the Marshawn Lynch card, ignore media and play hard.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was released by the 49ers after the season. Not when he just came off the incident. And they released him because he is 31 years old, not because they were taking the moral high ground.

And he signed with the Bears, not the Vikings.
well, I knew it was a nfc north team. Point is, he's no longer playing. The perception of him in the twitterverse is that he's a dumb ***. So I expect any team that signs him will get bashed accordingly.

YR[/quote]

Miller

Reaction score
I did not say that you said it was fact, but you certainly did reference what Moore said on the FAN and I simply responded to that.

It was Ticket. :). I was just explaining their rationale. Moore wasn't being a know it all. He was just expressing how today's internet, the contract situation, wins/losses....all make things better or worse and that we may be seeing his best if he is trying to make an impression.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
everything that you wrote is true.
On the other hand I really do wish that Jerry would sometimes keep his thoughts to himself. His reaction to Hardy's quotes about Giselle was tone deaf at best. At worst he sounded like an idiot. And the said part about it is that he is far from an idiot.

I have ZERO problem with Jerry's thoughts on Hardy and Gisele.

Hardy called Tom Brady 'cool' and pointed to his attractive wife as part of the reason why he is 'cool.'

Gisele is arguably the biggest supermodel on earth in the past 20 years and Hardy made remarks on how attractive she is.

That's where the PC Police come in and that's why they are just as big of frauds as anybody. It's not about Gisele and it's not about Hardy's ex-gf....it's about them and they are trying to gain some sort of power in their life by grouping together and policing what people say by ruining a person's livelihood. And in the end, it only turns off people to the PC Police's 'cause' because instead of dealing with the real issue at hand...they would rather attack semantics.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
well, I knew it was a nfc north team. Point is, he's no longer playing. The perception of him in the twitterverse is that he's a dumb ***. So I expect any team that signs him will get bashed accordingly.

I'm just asking where was the bashing of the Niners who allowed him to play for an entire season when he had been arrested for his violent beating of a woman?

The hypocrisy is that at least Hardy sat out for a year and another 4 games. McDonald? Zip, zilch, nadda.

I guess that first case of domestic violence was a freebee for him.

YR

RS12

Reaction score
ESPN stands for "pandering to the politically correct r us". Jim Rome is another boot licker when it comes to that.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
There is debate on here whether there is a referee bias. I think it's very hard for a resonable person to argue there's no media bias. It's comical how bad it is and there's numerous examples. I guess it sells.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Agree. His talent is off the charts. They did also mention that they thought winning games would be masking some of this. Haley on a .500 90s team would have caught more flack probably. The losing is making Hardy more front and center. His best bet is to just play the Marshawn Lynch card, ignore media and play hard.

It would be great if could ( and would) ignore the media, but he is required to speak with the media weekly, if I'm not mistaken. I recall that a recent attempt to interview him (Monday?) contained a lot of "no comment" and "next question" type of answers from him, so maybe he is being a little "Lynch-ish" with the media. On one hand, I understand the need for players to be made available to speak. But on the other hand, it's not good sometimes to force a player to speak. Don't know how you get to a middle ground, but there surely is a way to somehow compromise.

dallasdave

Reaction score

I agree, but Charles Haley was a wild man also, but he was a big part of the 3 Super Bowl wins in the 90's for the Cowboys !!! Would like to see Hardy be part of 3 Super Bowl wins for the Cowboys.

knightrider94

Reaction score
ESPN stands for "pandering to the politically correct r us". Jim Rome is another boot licker when it comes to that.

What gets me is that they have Ray Lewis on set who was accused and then exonerated for crimes where people DIED and he just wrote a book where he said he was too nicely dressed to kill anyone that night in Atlanta!

RS12

Reaction score
What gets me is that they have Ray Lewis on set who was accused and then exonerated for crimes where people DIED and he just wrote a book where he said he was too nicely dressed to kill anyone that night in Atlanta!

Murder is not as big a deal to them as sexual harassment apparently. You saw how fast Sean Salisbury got punted to the curb. Then again those sexual harassment law suit payouts have a lot zeros behind the first number.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Yep and unbelievably making huge money. 30 mil a year is large incentive to lick boots.

$30M for his shtick???? And some people complain about how much athletes make...unbelievable.