ESPN Excoriates Jerry

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just asking where was the bashing of the Niners who allowed him to play for an entire season when he had been arrested for his violent beating of a woman?

The hypocrisy is that at least Hardy sat out for a year and another 4 games. McDonald? Zip, zilch, nadda.

I guess that first case of domestic violence was a freebee for him.

YR

JMO, The McDonald case slid in under the radar of Adrian Peterson, Deflategate, and whatnot. In addition, the 49ers believed that McDonald in saying that the woman made it up. Only to find out later, there was a major cover up.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
ESPN has moved from the sports information business to the drama business nothing short of a sports gossip, attempt at comedy/entertainment with a splash of an athletic competition or 2. If you scroll their website, it's full of opinion/nonfactual information. They even now carry a small political column bashing political candidates in their "Five Thirty Eight" segment. The Coup de Grau (for me) was the last ESPY awards and their definition of the years most courageous athlete.
The world needs a new competitive sports information TV/Radio/Internet station for people who just want the information on the games and teams to keep these ESPN clowns honest. It's fine to do an exclusive on a player or a coach or owner but be factual and leave your own political agenda out of it.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
JMO, The McDonald case slid in under the radar of Adrian Peterson, Deflategate, and whatnot. In addition, the 49ers believed that McDonald in saying that the woman made it up. Only to find out later, there was a major cover up.

DeflateGate had not even happened when McDonald's situation came to light. There was the Ray Rice situation, Greg Hardy (which wasn't that big of a deal when the Panthers decided to play him for 1 game) and Peterson. Rice, Hardy and Peterson all missed last year. McDonald went on to play 14 games (only missing games due to injury) and the media didn't care.

The reality of all of this is what I've said in the beginning...the media didn't care because McDonald wasn't a Cowboy or in the case of Rice and Peterson, video/photos were not available to show the abuse.

There was no video or photos of Hardy's alleged transgressions (I still believe he did it), but the media is up in arms over this more than they are about Peterson coming back to play. It's because Hardy is a Cowboy and a good player to boot. If he were playing for the Chargers...none of this outrage would be happening.

YR