ESPN Excoriates Jerry

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will pose this question again....if Hardy was playing for ANY OTHER TEAM, would this article even be written?

Aldon Smith signs with Oakland and we don't hear a peep about it.

Ray McDonald continues to play for the Niners....hardly a word.

Johnny Jolly is basically a drug mule....feel free to play for the Packers without any criticism.

Adrian Peterson beats his children....to the point of leaving *permanent* marks on them and to kids that are so young that they don't know any better....HEY HE WAS IN TALKS WITH THE COWBOYS ILLEGALLY AND TRYING TO GET HIMSELF TRADED instead of holding the Vikings and Peterson to the same standard that they are trying to hold the Cowboys and Hardy to.

The real frauds in all of this is the media who cannot keep any consistency because they do not care about Hardy or his ex-gf. They just want to write down or say what they can to grab viewer/reader interest.

YR

Ray McDonald was released by the 9ers. Signed with the Vikings, and the summarily dumped after yet another incident. I believe he's out of the NFL at the moment.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
That's an ignorant statement. The man a captain on a National Championship team at Arkansas. He's also been in the NFL for over 25 years. You don't think he knows a thing or two about football? You can dislike Jerry for countless other reasons, but saying he has no football intelligence is baseless.

Jerry is a snake oil salesman, he's got the secret medicine to sell you...... every time he opens his mouth, a lot of stupid comes out...He knows the oil business, he's a great marketer and if I'm starting a business, I'd hire him in a second, but tell me what other NFL Franchise would hire Jerry as a GM???

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
I don't know who David Flemming is, but I'm willing to bet he wouldn't call Greg Hardy a coward to his face, which ironically enough makes him a coward.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
These idiots in the media just don't get it: JERRY LOVES IT!!
It's free publicity!
Keep mentioning the Cowboys!
The #1 most valuable sports franchise in the world!

visionary

Reaction score
That's an ignorant statement. The man a captain on a National Championship team at Arkansas. He's also been in the NFL for over 25 years. You don't think he knows a thing or two about football? You can dislike Jerry for countless other reasons, but saying he has no football intelligence is baseless.

I will see your comment and raise you Jerry's record without a great HC and his parade of yes men

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I will pose this question again....if Hardy was playing for ANY OTHER TEAM, would this article even be written?

Aldon Smith signs with Oakland and we don't hear a peep about it.

Ray McDonald continues to play for the Niners....hardly a word.

Johnny Jolly is basically a drug mule....feel free to play for the Packers without any criticism.

Adrian Peterson beats his children....to the point of leaving *permanent* marks on them and to kids that are so young that they don't know any better....HEY HE WAS IN TALKS WITH THE COWBOYS ILLEGALLY AND TRYING TO GET HIMSELF TRADED instead of holding the Vikings and Peterson to the same standard that they are trying to hold the Cowboys and Hardy to.

The real frauds in all of this is the media who cannot keep any consistency because they do not care about Hardy or his ex-gf. They just want to write down or say what they can to grab viewer/reader interest.

YR

Regarding your last point, it's ultimately an indictment of the country and American culture more generally for sustaining these practices by continuing to consume what the media produces. One need look no further than this board where savy critics of the media can't stop talking about the same stories they are "excoriating".

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
"For the sake of Texas, will Jerry Jones ever give the crazy talk a rest?"…

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...es-outrageous-comments-greg-hardy-perspective

:popcorn:

I just read the article and came here to see if posted. Honestly, I agree with about 95% of it. He does say TONS of stupid things. He can be embarrassing and he has zero clue when it comes to many things. But the writer may not be giving them credit for the last 3 years of GM so that is in the 5% where he/Stephen deserve some kudos. But overall, its everything we talk about here. He is a bumbling fool when he opens his mouth and jibber jabbers.

Miller

Reaction score
Didn't read the article because I already know what it would say...actually, these pieces are templates and they merely change the Cowboys players name.

DMN writer David Moore had an interesting take on why Jerry chose to talk extension for Hardy. Didn't read the other posts to see if it was referenced but Moore thinks it was a message from Jerry in public as a reminder that Hardy is playing for a long term deal. Not just in Dallas but for other teams as well. Thus, he needs to be on his best behavior. This could be plausible. Jerry appears to be supportive so as not to alienate an emotionally volitale player but also lets him know that the behavior is being monitored and taken into account.

Not sure if that is giving Jerry too much credit but say what you will of him, Jerry is an astute businessman and far from dumb.

I also heard Moore on the Ticket yesterday and he said the scary part is THIS is Hardy's best behavior. Think of that.

slick325

Reaction score
I also heard Moore on the Ticket yesterday and he said the scary part is THIS is Hardy's best behavior. Think of that.

Interesting because prior to the domestic violence matter, I don't recall there being many if any Greg Hardy issues in Carolina. Obviously it is possible that things were kept in-house by the Panthers organization but I don't recall these stories ever surfacing. That said, Hardy had issues in college which affected his draft status but that was 7 years or so ago.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Interesting because prior to the domestic violence matter, I don't recall there being many if any Greg Hardy issues in Carolina. Obviously it is possible that things were kept in-house by the Panthers organization but I don't recall these stories ever surfacing. That said, Hardy had issues in college which affected his draft status but that was 7 years or so ago.

That is a good question? I do wish Dallas could keep some of the things within the team, and keep a lot of stuff away from the media. :espn:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever. Did they have to lay anybody else off yet? Because ESPN sucks, and is collapsing.

Miller

Reaction score

Well that is what they were talking about. This day and age its harder to hide things..even from a few years back. Haley seemed "off" when a Cowboy and we all read about his edge but it was never public until after those days were gone and books and stories came out. I had heard when Hardy's ex teammates were interviewed that he could be difficult but there was never a blow up shown. But honestly, if he is playing for a contract right now, he is trying to be on his best behavior. I think he is a time bomb.

Now back to the OP stuff....silly Jerry babblings.

Miller

Reaction score
We don't know what Hardy's best behavior is and neither does Moore.

It's a guess because of the situation....him playing for a contract, etc. He didn't say he knew. They just all agreed that this is a time where he would be trying his best. Makes sense. The guy is a mess.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

How would Moore know that? Obviously, I'm not a Panthers fan, so I didn't follow the team when Hardy played for them, but I don't recall ever hearing anything in the news about his behavior. The only time I recall hearing Hardy's name was in reference to his play on the field. I did not (nor will I) read the article nor did I hear him on the Ticket, but I find it kind of amusing that these media types can make all these statements as if they're fact with no proof of truth. They scream about Hardy's lack of accountability and contriteness while ignoring their own.

Last edited:

sideon

Reaction score
Loved how Marcellus Wiley completely destroyed boy Beadle & Kellerman on Sportsnation Monday.