Video: ESPN GET UP - Rex Ryan: Don't you dare blame Dak! GB ran circles around DQ! Put on a clinic!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Best game analysis of national sports morning shows. Rex Ryan gives Dak a break, but Dan Orlovsky goes hard on him. All 3 though agree that DQ was schooled by GB. Green Bay set up a clinic on how to deal with Dallas defense. Recommend you watch video to see the gameplay they break down. Can't bulletin point it.

Rex Ryan
  • This defense stunk! I don't know why they got outcoached but point to defense period!
    • They struggle with teams that run the ball.
    • 9 1/2 yards on 1st down the Cowboys gave up! That's incredible!
    • Why are you playing 6 DBs for 48/54 snaps against the run??? You don't do that when you're getting your brain kicked in.
  • Dak Prescott is the future of the team. Played MVP all year and talking about not going to bring him back??
    • Overall performance, hell no, not on Dak
    • Dak didn't play well, but compared to that defense he looked like a superstar, Joe Montana wouldn't have had a chance
    • I would have loved to have Dak as my QB.
    • Calls out some of Dan Orlovsky's game tape below
  • Dallas is not built to win in January, every loss, other team ran on something like 100-110 times, passed on 60-70 times
  • I thought the entire football team looked shocked after GB's first drive.
    • When you hear comments from Jerry Jones, Dak, McCarthy.. they just assumed they were the mighty Cowboys and could lay their jocks on field and dominate and win
Dan Orlovsky
  • Same thing happened we talked about on Monday, bad matchup (that video was posted last week)
    • Jordan Love under center
    • Ton of presnap motion
    • Ton of playaction pass
    • Cowboys defense struggled all season with that but no one listened
    • See video for examples.
  • Run Game, split flow. Run one direction then cut backside. They did it to Parsons 6x. Clearly they game planned against Parsons.
    • DQ is a great coach, but Green Bay ran circles around him.
  • I thought Dak looked under panic. Uncharacteristic decisions.
    • See video for examples. Dan runs down many bad decisions.
    • Both interceptions were not good decision to throw. See his video examples.
    • This defense allowed Tommy Cutlets and Bryce Young to be NFC Player of Week. Everyone made fun of it.
    • EVERYONE thought Dallas offense would go up and down on it.
    • No one debates if Dak is a good player, he has his entire career. But once again when they needed him, going against a kid who was in his first playoff game on the road, he failed.
Domonique Foxworth
  • GB wanted to avoid 3rd down at all costs
  • Playaction was the killer. Big shots taken on 2nd down.
  • Max protection against Micah, then just manned up and #11 still didn't make play
  • Offensive Line not only pushed Dallas back but out-schemed Dallas defense.
  • Dominique agrees with Rex Ryan. Wasn't all Dak bad decision on one interception. Great execution by GB's defensive backs.
    • But this is irrelevant. Dak and offense have to show up in a big game like this and keep them in game
See Reply #20 for second part of show.

Last edited by a moderator:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
DQ had a bad day. No one will dispute this. But he has only been here 3 years and this was his first crapfest.

Dak however has been here for 8 years. The last 3 playoff losses he has sucked and got outplayed by new starting QBs. He is garbage and idk how anyone can defend him

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Dak didn't play well at all but I agree with Rex. The MAIN issue was the defense. But I'd rather dak not be here next year but the defense is missing 1-2 huge pieces
defense sucked but to be somewhat fair (no excuse still) they were missing their #1 db in Diggs, and both starting LBers to injury.
Offense had everyone healthy vs a susceptible secondary.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
And when I say 1-2 huge pieces I'm not talking marginal players like jayron Kearse. It has to be players who are arguably the best on the defense with a hard nosed demeanor. Until then the defense from 2000-2023 and beyond will be the same. From Ware to Roy to newman.......to dlaw to micah to diggs. It's all the same with different packaging. If we had cj Gardner Johnson all year instead of makik hooker we don't lose to green Bay

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dan Quinn threw a pick 6? And another 1 that was called back? That Dan Quinn sure sucks as a QB

It's pretty obvious Rex only evaluated DQ and totally ignored everything else that was going on.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
defense sucked but to be somewhat fair (no excuse still) they were missing their #1 db in Diggs, and both starting LBers to injury.
Offense had everyone healthy vs a susceptible secondary.
I said both sucked. You fix the offense by getting rid of dak and replacing with a decent qb and a new run scheme. Can that be done? I dont know

I already said how to fix the defense.

Both aren't. Championship level

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Damien Woody clip on GET UP. The offensive lineman point of view. More from Dan, Rex and Domonique on what Cowboys should do next.

Damien Woody
  • Biggest reason for loss was Matt LaFleur's brilliance
    • GB is youngest team in NFL, and their Coach had them ready to go against the most dominant home team in NFL
    • Dallas is front-running team, jump out on your early, and LaFleur coached circles around it, that isn't easy what he did
  • I would get rid of the Coach. Who cares about 12-5?
    • Everything about Cowboys is postseason. We talk about it year after year!
    • GB, SF, DET not going anywhere. They will only get better. You are in trouble!
    • Jerry Jones said it himself: He doesn't have much time left. It would be stupid to run it back and get rid of everything.
Dan Orlovsky
  • This is not a game you can bring everything back. I would restart everything
    • Most dominant and embarrassing loss I've seen on Cowboys in a long time
    • Highest expectations Cowboys have had in 30 years. QB in MVP conversation. WR in OPOY, 3 linemen Allpro, one of best young TEs. #11 DPOY conversation. 2nd most Pro Bowlers in NFL. Putting up incredible offensive stats.
      • AND THEY GOT DUMP TRUCKED!!
    • They are 0-5 against GB and SF.
    • No way people in that building can think they go in a big game now and win.
  • Bill Belichick: I think him and Jerry could get along. They would have to agree on talent acquisition. Big question is will next coach be good with paying Dak Prescott $60 million a year?
Rex Ryan
  • I would not make a coaching change. Can't ignore this man has won 12 games 3 years in a row.
  • Mike put himself out there, I'm going be play caller, and offense greatly improved.
    • You don't get to championship level by getting destroyed line of scrimmage, especially defensively
    • Bring in a LB, bigger bodies up front, but can't take these arse whippings
    • DQ is an outstanding coach, but he can only do it from a lead
      • We saw it in Atlanta and what happened, major collapse
  • Bill Belichick: If Bill doesn't have a QB, he doesn't win. So I'm paying Dak Presccott or Bill doesn't win.
Domonique Foxworth
  • Don't blow up everything! You have a lot of good pieces.
  • Dak is good, but he needs help. That's most QBs in this league.
    • He will never be Patrick Mahomes. Get rid of him if that is what you want. But he's good enough to win with right things around him.
    • If you can get same production from Dak, but cheaper than do it, but most teams spend years trying to find it