Video: ESPN GET UP - Rex Ryan: Don't you dare blame Dak! GB ran circles around DQ! Put on a clinic!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Prescott played like complete buttcheek in the first half. Why not blame that on him? The pressure was on and he forced throws. We’ve seen him do it before.

It isn’t one or the other. The defense and Dak sucked simultaneously.

Ken

Reaction score
Best game analysis of national sports morning shows. Rex Ryan gives Dak a break, but Dan Orlovsky goes hard on him. All 3 though agree that DQ was schooled by GB. Green Bay set up a clinic on how to deal with Dallas defense. Recommend you watch video to see the gameplay they break down. Can't bulletin point it.

Rex Ryan
  • This defense stunk! I don't know why they got outcoached but point to defense period!
    • They struggle with teams that run the ball.
    • 9 1/2 yards on 1st down the Cowboys gave up! That's incredible!
    • Why are you playing 6 DBs for 48/54 snaps against the run??? You don't do that when you're getting your brain kicked in.
  • Dak Prescott is the future of the team. Played MVP all year and talking about not going to bring him back??
    • Overall performance, hell no, not on Dak
    • Dak didn't play well, but compared to that defense he looked like a superstar, Joe Montana wouldn't have had a chance
    • I would have loved to have Dak as my QB.
    • Calls out some of Dan Orlovsky's game tape below
  • Dallas is not built to win in January, every loss, other team ran on something like 100-110 times, passed on 60-70 times
  • I thought the entire football team looked shocked after GB's first drive.
    • When you hear comments from Jerry Jones, Dak, McCarthy.. they just assumed they were the mighty Cowboys and could lay their jocks on field and dominate and win
Dan Orlovsky
  • Same thing happened we talked about on Monday, bad matchup (that video was posted last week)
    • Jordan Love under center
    • Ton of presnap motion
    • Ton of playaction pass
    • Cowboys defense struggled all season with that but no one listened
    • See video for examples.
  • Run Game, split flow. Run one direction then cut backside. They did it to Parsons 6x. Clearly they game planned against Parsons.
    • DQ is a great coach, but Green Bay ran circles around him.
  • I thought Dak looked under panic. Uncharacteristic decisions.
    • See video for examples. Dan runs down many bad decisions.
    • Both interceptions were not good decision to throw. See his video examples.
    • This defense allowed Tommy Cutlets and Bryce Young to be NFC Player of Week. Everyone made fun of it.
    • EVERYONE thought Dallas offense would go up and down on it.
    • No one debates if Dak is a good player, he has his entire career. But once again when they needed him, going against a kid who was in his first playoff game on the road, he failed.
Domonique Foxworth
  • GB wanted to avoid 3rd down at all costs
  • Playaction was the killer. Big shots taken on 2nd down.
  • Max protection against Micah, then just manned up and #11 still didn't make play
  • Offensive Line not only pushed Dallas back but out-schemed Dallas defense.
  • Dominique agrees with Rex Ryan. Wasn't all Dak bad decision on one interception. Great execution by GB's defensive backs.
    • But this is irrelevant. Dak and offense have to show up in a big game like this and keep them in game

Rex is 100% right and what I have been saying 100xs since the game.

Yet people drone on about Dak. Yes....he had his issues but even if he played the best game of his life.. they are losing bc the D was abysmal.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
We had 16 points going into the 4th quarter with the offense giving them 7 as well with the pick 6. It wouldn’t have mattered if the defense was average or maybe alittle better than average.

For the last month this board has turned into the Dakzone with the MVP talk and his records and his playoff legacy.

Don’t stop talking about your boy now and make this board about the Cowboys and start blaming the defense.

You people wanted it. Well you just got it.

Ken

Reaction score
We had ZERO passing yards in the entire 1st qtr. ZERO. It wasn't until the 2nd qtr a pass was completed. Dak was every bit as bad as the defense. Just stop.
Drops....no running game....no one open. BS PI INT and a pick 6 which was on dak.

Ken

Reaction score
We had 16 points going into the 4th quarter with the offense giving them 7 as well with the pick 6. It wouldn’t have mattered if the defense was average or maybe alittle better than average.

For the last month this board has turned into the Dakzone with the MVP talk and his records and his playoff legacy.

Don’t stop talking about your boy now and make this board about the Cowboys and start blaming the defense.

You people wanted it. Well you just got it.
Brilliant analysis.

We also talked about the defense all year too. At least Dak had a pulse.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Rex is still looking to coach and says that every time a D gets smoked. Can't blame him for putting it out there. He was bashing Dak a few weeks ago about not being able to read pre snap.

Motorola

Reaction score
We had ZERO passing yards in the entire 1st qtr. ZERO. It wasn't until the 2nd qtr a pass was completed. Dak was every bit as bad as the defense. Just stop.
DQ had a bad day. No one will dispute this. But he has only been here 3 years and this was his first crapfest.

Dak however has been here for 8 years. The last 3 playoff losses he has sucked and got outplayed by new starting QBs. He is garbage and idk how anyone can defend him
Hold up--
14 of that 27 on the GB side is on Dak too.
Through nearly three and 2/3 quarters of the game, the Cowboys only had 2 touchdowns and 1 field goal.
The score was 48-16 until 5:54 was left .

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
He was panicked when there wasn't even much pressure. The oline gave him time to throw. Brother just had the yips and that stupid deer in the headlights look that we all hate! 27-0.....that 0 is all on Dak.

Anyone get an answer on the CeeDee drama / tantrum in the first half?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Prescott played like complete buttcheek in the first half. Why not blame that on him? The pressure was on and he forced throws. We’ve seen him do it before.

It isn’t one or the other. The defense and Dak sucked simultaneously.
He always come in tight to these Playoff games and by 2nd half has his rhythm back. Cowboys fans see it because we watch every game. I just don't think he's mentally equipped for the big game, same as Romo.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'd toss a bag at devin white trying to do anything to get some balls on this defense. Regardless if bucs fans think he sucks. I'm desperate to see some alpha on this defense full of kittens

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I agree that DQ needs to absolutely held accountable- he was horrible. But dak can’t go unscathed either
no he cannot. he had a chance and he did not step up in this. everyone has every right to be mad at dak and the team for real.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Damien Woody clip on GET UP. The offensive lineman point of view. More from Dan, Rex and Domonique on what Cowboys should do next.

Damien Woody
  • Biggest reason for loss was Matt LaFleur's brilliance
    • GB is youngest team in NFL, and their Coach had them ready to go against the most dominant home team in NFL
    • Dallas is front-running team, jump out on your early, and LaFleur coached circles around it, that isn't easy what he did
  • I would get rid of the Coach. Who cares about 12-5?
    • Everything about Cowboys is postseason. We talk about it year after year!
    • GB, SF, DET not going anywhere. They will only get better. You are in trouble!
    • Jerry Jones said it himself: He doesn't have much time left. It would be stupid to run it back and get rid of everything.
Dan Orlovsky
  • This is not a game you can bring everything back. I would restart everything
    • Most dominant and embarrassing loss I've seen on Cowboys in a long time
    • Highest expectations Cowboys have had in 30 years. QB in MVP conversation. WR in OPOY, 3 linemen Allpro, one of best young TEs. #11 DPOY conversation. 2nd most Pro Bowlers in NFL. Putting up incredible offensive stats.
      • AND THEY GOT DUMP TRUCKED!!
    • They are 0-5 against GB and SF.
    • No way people in that building can think they go in a big game now and win.
  • Bill Belichick: I think him and Jerry could get along. They would have to agree on talent acquisition. Big question is will next coach be good with paying Dak Prescott $60 million a year?
Rex Ryan
  • I would not make a coaching change. Can't ignore this man has won 12 games 3 years in a row.
  • Mike put himself out there, I'm going be play caller, and offense greatly improved.
    • You don't get to championship level by getting destroyed line of scrimmage, especially defensively
    • Bring in a LB, bigger bodies up front, but can't take these arse whippings
    • DQ is an outstanding coach, but he can only do it from a lead
      • We saw it in Atlanta and what happened, major collapse
  • Bill Belichick: If Bill doesn't have a QB, he doesn't win. So I'm paying Dak Presccott or Bill doesn't win.
Domonique Foxworth
  • Don't blow up everything! You have a lot of good pieces.
  • Dak is good, but he needs help. That's most QBs in this league.
    • He will never be Patrick Mahomes. Get rid of him if that is what you want. But he's good enough to win with right things around him.
    • If you can get same production from Dak, but cheaper than do it, but most teams spend years trying to find it

Love Woody!

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Don't you dare blame Dak for 2 INTs and what should have been 2 more? Don't blame Dak for still not knowing how to throw a ball away? No wonder this slob isn't coaching anymore.