Twitter: ESPN Insiders rank Garrett 30th out of 32 coaches

EST_1986

Reaction score
30 is too high I would bet there's a few potential HC that are already better at the job.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Not all teams that have finished with worse records had stars like Romo, Dez, Witten, Murray, Tyron, Ware, Lee, Spencer etc. that´s why Garrett is held to a higher standard, as he should be, saying that, I don´t agree with the ranking, I´d have him in the 20 to 25 range because I really do think he is a good talent evaluator, it´s just that he is a lousy game day HC IMO.

Anyway, this is a new year, maybe Garrett can shut us boubters and BSPN up, at least I hope he does.

Make his *** a scout and get a real head coach in here.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Of course he would. Who wouldn't?

Jim Harbaugh's a great coach, right?

He would flop large here in Dallas. Be labeled a bum and cast aside within 4 years.

Yes but on the other hand Harbaugh is not stupid enough to be associated in a puppet organization. Garrett has no choice after this gig.

visionary

Reaction score
Yes but on the other hand Harbaugh is not stupid enough to be associated in a puppet organization. Garrett has no choice after this gig.

This
Garrett is a jellyfish here for the money and his 15 min of fame

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Wonder how the expert insiders would have ranked Barry Switzer? He was 40-24 here and won a Super Bowl (we'll ignore the fact he inherited a roster full of Hall of Fame talent and Garrett has a defense that belongs in Conference USA).

windjc

Reaction score
Garrett is definitely bottom half, probably bottom quarter of league coaches. He is not 30 out of 32. But "smarts" isnt the only thing that wins championships. Garrett lacks killer instinct and determination and the confidence to dominate a situation.

RS12

Reaction score
Poor second half adjustments, poor record versus 500 and above teams, never learns from his mistakes.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Just give him another 5 'part of the process' years and he'll definitely crack top 27. Just he'll waste the prime years of Dez and Co. in the meantime while learning on the fly

Nav22

Reaction score
Just another example of stupidity. First off, with a 29-27 record you can't be 30 of 32. Factor in the horrendous number of injuries and his rating would rise even higher. Factor in losing Romo for the deciding game for the division crown, and the worst defense perhaps in Cowboys history, and to finish 8-8 and one drive away from the division title was almost unbelievable. Bottom line, whether you are talking about Garrett, or Romo, or the entire Cowboys organization, you will get no respect unless you change it with results on the field. Plain and simple. None of us can cry about it. Until our favorite team forces a change in perception (ala the 90's Cowboys), the Cowboys remain the favorite team for everyone to dog.

It's like the people who call Jerry the "worst GM in the league", even though his record alone indicates that he should be middle-of-the-pack.

Same people who truly believe he handles typical GM duties, which he obviously doesn't.